• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Long term Methadone User- How long until opiate effects can be felt again? +more

TinyPinkMermaid

Bluelighter
Hey, so, I'm new here and I've read a lot on this site about how long it takes to get high from opiates again after being on opiates, but nothing exactly answers my question.

I know someone who was on 100mg of methadone daily for a year. She fucked up and started getting high on other things and got kicked out of the methadone program. Left to withdrawal at 100mg. This led her to start taking liquid hydrocdone, knowing she wouldn't get high, just for the withdrawal. Then she started taking benzos when she ran out, and using meth for about a week two. She now seemingly can't get high on ANYthing. She could take benzo after benzo, smoke meth
:| for hours and do hot rails, and nothing. I know methadone only "blocks" opiates, so I don't understand why. That's one question, because she know she didn't build a tolerance like that to those things over 2 weeks.

My more important question is when will she be able to feel opiates again after taking 100mg for a year, how long until she can feel them again? I heard some people never get to feel them again after taking methadone for a while.
:?

Last edited:
She has been high o much for so long, bein high is being " sober" for her. And bein sober will cause her to feel unnatural.

It is impossible to give any kind of accurate answer to this type of question. So many things come into play when you are talking about "feeling" a substance. The first thing is what you are talking about as far as receptor site tolerance. So basically you are asking how long for the receptors to adjust back to homeostasis and produce a feeling that you recall to be what it was in the past. And it is that last line that is going to screw you over because even if lets say 20mg got you high when you were a kid, even if you took that same exact amount under the same exact circumstances you will never achieve the same effect. This is because you are now familiar with it and require a higher dose to get the effects you are familiar with.

Basically it will take a while to get back to 100% lets say 4-6 weeks of absolutely no methadone to be safe. I would think that would put your tolerance back to where it was but I doubt you will ever be able to perceive a lower dose as being effective. Thats not to say your tolerance wont drop a lot, this is why a lot of addicts OD when they relapse, but you will never feel "20mg" as you did in your youth. Also tolerance comes back in full after 2-4 uses in my experience

Yeah girl I feel like it's all tolerance . Cut down as hard as it might be. With opiates your tolerance gets so low so fast . With me three days and then I'd feel it again . The d might not be raw anymore too. Be carefu,

It is impossible to give any kind of accurate answer to this type of question. So many things come into play when you are talking about "feeling" a substance. The first thing is what you are talking about as far as receptor site tolerance. So basically you are asking how long for the receptors to adjust back to homeostasis and produce a feeling that you recall to be what it was in the past. And it is that last line that is going to screw you over because even if lets say 20mg got you high when you were a kid, even if you took that same exact amount under the same exact circumstances you will never achieve the same effect. This is because you are now familiar with it and require a higher dose to get the effects you are familiar with.

Basically it will take a while to get back to 100% lets say 4-6 weeks of absolutely no methadone to be safe. I would think that would put your tolerance back to where it was but I doubt you will ever be able to perceive a lower dose as being effective. Thats not to say your tolerance wont drop a lot, this is why a lot of addicts OD when they relapse, but you will never feel "20mg" as you did in your youth. Also tolerance comes back in full after 2-4 uses in my experience

Thank you so much for a knowledgable and legible answer! I could never take 20mg and get high before the methadone, (well, maybe- like you said, as a kid, but even still.) So I don't expect to get high off of a low dose really, ever, just back to where I was before the methadone. I would take 20 or more roxies in the span of 3-8 hours. My tolerance will probably never drop before that. I really just wanted t know, with how long and what dose of Methadone I was on, when it would stop blocking. I figured either around 3 months months or never, honestly.

Thank you very much!

Well my buddy is on 75 mg of methadone and she before going to the clinic she could shoot a point of black and be high, because she cut down. Then she started at the clinic and after taking 75mg she would do a point shot and not feel anything . But she did a bigger shot and she felt it again. Methadone makes ur tolerance to opiates go up. So you'd have to do much more but be careful. As for meth .. Methadone isn't supposed to have an effect on it . I feel like you may need to up your intake . After a few days of no meth you should be good once you'd do meth again . I know meth makes the methadone run thru ur system quicker and methadone a half life is 1 days so after three days (I'm told) the methadone should start wearing off

everybody is different; I was on 95MG of methadone a day and would get my dosage at 730AM and shooting 1/2G dope shots come 1/2PM. did I feel these shots like I SHOULD HAVE!? absolutely not! but I still got shots off and could catch a nod here and there.

when coming off the done' around the 40-50MG mark I would still go about things the same way but I started to feel the shot more and more!

after 3 days of being off done' I was back to normal and getting that same feeling I once got prior to going on methadone.

I know this will always be a major debate between us addicts, but I feel suboxone/bupe is 1000000000000x's better than methadone for so many reasons! but my #1 being that I do not have to wake up to go to the clinic EVERY FUCKING MORNING! I had to because I would always fail the drug tests so they never gave me any take home. not sure why I was even going considering how often I used while on methadone.

How long will it take for me to be able to get high on dilauded again? I have to take 40 4 mg at one time to get a little high for up to an hour.

again? dude, you should be able to get high by now. you've been on methadone for how long? it doesnt take more than 72hrs for it to be gonzo and you get high as you want on any opiate really. as I said earlier, I would take 95MG in the AM and get high in the PM; so everyone is different, realize that, so do NOT PUSH IT TOO FAR and god forbid have an OD because you are thinking the dilaudid will be blocked.

btw, are you taking 40MG of dilaudid or do you have 40 4MG pills? if so, how may MG's do you take at once? because you surly do not need 40 pills. then again, I dont know your tolerance but I know I was really bad and still never needed anything near that when I was shooting dope and then shooting

be careful, brotha.

I know this is old but I have the same question.. I've been on 75mg of methadone for 9 months. I have take homes on Friday Saturday and Sunday's. Idk how long I would have to wait to get high on oxy 30s and how many I would have to take to feel that rush?