• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Long term MDMA recovery

Green Batty

Greenlighter
Iv been taking MDMA (pure uncut crystals) for about 2 years now averaging about 1 gram a weekend. iv now started to have major mood swings, feeling great one minute then really depressed the next. My concentration has decreased as well and my college grades have diminished as a result. iv been taking 5-htp every now and again to try and help especially before i go to sleep after using. My question is: what other minerals/supplements/foods should i be taking on a daily basis to help me recover in the long run?

Your taking too much mdma, Too often mate.

You need a 6 month break at least. You've been abusing it for too long now.
You are meant to wait at least 30 days between doses, and ideally 60 and even better if you can wait 90.

Not take 1gram a week, especially UK mdma crystals, that stuffs potent you are decreasing your serotonin levels and messing with the reuptake of serotonin in your brain, and you are suffering depression and lack of concentration as a consequence.

You may also begin to feel anxiety, and also then you will feel 'spaced out'

Just think of all the horror stories ive read from mdma users on here, being an Ecstasy Discussion Moderator.

If you are prepared to quit it for that long, then i can help you.
If you arent, then forget 5-HTP its not going to stop the damage being caused by mdma.

Yes MDMA is brain damaging, but not to the extent of what most peoples minds will think of when you say Brain Damage. Not a dribbling cross eyed mess, no. But You will become Dysfunctional at this rate.

I hope now you will realise and stop taking mdma for a long time, to allow yourself to come back to the baseline of sobriety.

I want the message to be spread that Ecstasy/MDMA is a Serious drug. Don't abuse it or it will fuck you up.

yeah i have already stopped for 2 months and pretty sure i wont be tempted to do it for at least a year from now. i was just wondering if there is anything i can do to aid the recovery, even if my brain wont ever recover fully.

Exercise, as this will help boost your Recovery speed.
It plays a vital role in healing/reproduction of parts of the brain.

This is a diet designed to increase your Serotonin, just simply by Upping Tryptophan intake then combining it with Carbs/Starches to make Tryptophan first in line for Conversion;
Tryptophan --> 5HTP --> Serotonin

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/entries/...equire-lower-dose-and-lessen-have-no-comedown

You will recover from this but it just takes a long time. Mdma really takes its toll on heavy abusers, just means you need to give your brain a good chance to recover.
I'd also recommend on getting plenty of sunlight, and also get antioxidants in to your body. Vitamin C, Green tea etc

If you begin to suffer from minor anxiety problems, you will find Valerian Root and Camomile Tea useful.

Good luck!

nootropics like aniracetam/noopept

magnesium

tryptophan

tyrosine

fish oil

st. johns wort

rhodiola rosea

lion's mane mushroom

reishi mushroom

lots of water

lots of sleep

most importantly healthy diet (lots of fruits & veggies, no fast food or soda) and some good exercise, ride a bike or something. also try to avoid caffeine & alcohol

Fucking hell man thats mad, chill out. After 1g i normally dont feel like doing it again for a while, and had a nasty week long comedown.
You need to stop doing so much. Just take multivitamins, eat healthy and take a break.

I abused mdma for about 7 years and my total intake was over 5000 x 100mg hits of mdma (average of 715 pills a year for 7 years) .........I now suffer from anxiety because of this......i don't take it anymore but i sometimes miss hit.........

Exercise, as this will help boost your Recovery speed.
It plays a vital role in healing/reproduction of parts of the brain.

This is a diet designed to increase your Serotonin, just simply by Upping Tryptophan intake then combining it with Carbs/Starches to make Tryptophan first in line for Conversion;
Tryptophan --> 5HTP --> Serotonin

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/entries/...equire-lower-dose-and-lessen-have-no-comedown

You will recover from this but it just takes a long time. Mdma really takes its toll on heavy abusers, just means you need to give your brain a good chance to recover.
I'd also recommend on getting plenty of sunlight, and also get antioxidants in to your body. Vitamin C, Green tea etc

If you begin to suffer from minor anxiety problems, you will find Valerian Root and Camomile Tea useful.

Good luck!

This is good. also try to increase omega 3 intake. i like a little flax seed oil in my milk-based products like cereal, milk, smoothies, etc. or eat fish. leafy greens and whole grains, BEANS oats etc for B vitamins...

Supposedly beans are one of the best ways to get serotonin. Tryptophan, vitamin B6, and shit tons of carbohydrates.

Woah dude, I feel the damage from just 120mg every 2 weeks!!! We're all different but a gram a week is HUGE. You realise it when you stop...

I'm keen on supplements and healthy living, but only time will help mate. After 6 months you can really tell the difference. Just take it easy.

I personally use: ALCAR, green tea extract, ALA, omega 3, piracetam, st johns wort, 5htp, tyrosine. I also try to work out as much as I can and eat vegan. It helps.

Good luck.

Man: the key is exercise, you should buy a brand new pair of running shoes and start running everyday, after 20 mins your brains starts producing serotonin you could even feel it as you are running. Also when you are running you will have a lot of time to think for yourself the kind of life you want to have, a healthy one or a mutant one..
Yeah it is not easy but you could just start trying to run 1 miles, then 3, and then keep progressing as days goes by you will notice your mood so much better than today.
REMEMBER THE KEY IS EXERCISE !

This is good. also try to increase omega 3 intake. i like a little flax seed oil in my milk-based products like cereal, milk, smoothies, etc. or eat fish. leafy greens and whole grains, BEANS oats etc for B vitamins...

Supposedly beans are one of the best ways to get serotonin. Tryptophan, vitamin B6, and shit tons of carbohydrates.

I've experimented with omega 3 fish oils, I found a VAST difference with the Solgar 950mg triple strength twice a day. Good things feel even better and worse things don't seem so bad. That is how I would describe the 950mgs. After 30 days, it levels off a bit, but I swear by them.

I never did as much MDMA as you, but I still had a difficult recovery process from years of doing it. What I'm about to say comes from DIRECT EXPERIENCE and not reading articles or other people's stories.

First thing's first... avoid all MDMA for 6 months, but up to 1 year is ideal. Your serotonin system has taken a heavy hit. Also note that in the future if you do MDMA again, you should only do it once every couple of months MAX and at lower levels. The healing work you need to do to rebuild your receptors means they will be fragile in the beginning, and even minor abuse can trigger a relapse.

My regimen was:
- healthy diet --> increasing veggies and whole grains a lot, less meat (but not cutting it out), no fast food; the veggies I consumed daily were kale, broccoli, carrot, beet, a bit of fresh onion, a bit of fresh garlic, a bit of fresh ginger, sprouts (all kinds), sprouted beats, pumpkin seeds; for dressing I did olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon; but the more veggies you can eat the better, their polyphenols will give you all the building blocks you need
- exercise --> for me I found weight training worked better but do whatever feels best; note that "going for a walk" is not enough, you need to run, swim, weightlift, or do something moderate to vigorous

After you've started the first part, start taking nootropics daily. I did rhodiola, hydergine, selegiline, piracetam, vinpocetine, choline. Take a single dose of each, together, in the morning with a high fat meal (like fried eggs, meat, or just take them with fish oil -- helps them absorb better). Because they potentiate each other, I don't feel additional doses are necessary beyond this one daily dose. Your problem is long-term and chronic so it needs a lower dose over a longer time. The effect will be cumulative and will increase over time. Hydergine and Selegiline are rx only in the U.S. but because there is evidence that they can cure depression (not just treat it), you may be able to convince your doctor to give you one. If not, shop online.

You can add 5-htp or tryptophan to this combo, but IME it's not necessary.

You need to be on the nootropics for at least 60 days, so obtain enough for this purpose. And of course, avoid MDMA because if you continue down this road you will ruin your life.

Any questions, just ask.

EXERCISE...I joined a gym, been doing it for 4 months and I feel better than ever, like I am truly recovering. Yoga too....all that breathing, sweating and oxygen is super healing. I feel a thousand times better.

1 gram a week for two years? Wow, you need to quit all together and get your life back in order.

Yep, learn from it and in the end make a positive out of it. Nutrition and exercise, no diet sodas, basically you need to do a 180 on your current life.

I never did as much MDMA as you, but I still had a difficult recovery process from years of doing it. What I'm about to say comes from DIRECT EXPERIENCE and not reading articles or other people's stories.

First thing's first... avoid all MDMA for 6 months, but up to 1 year is ideal. Your serotonin system has taken a heavy hit. Also note that in the future if you do MDMA again, you should only do it once every couple of months MAX and at lower levels. The healing work you need to do to rebuild your receptors means they will be fragile in the beginning, and even minor abuse can trigger a relapse.

My regimen was:
- healthy diet --> increasing veggies and whole grains a lot, less meat (but not cutting it out), no fast food; the veggies I consumed daily were kale, broccoli, carrot, beet, a bit of fresh onion, a bit of fresh garlic, a bit of fresh ginger, sprouts (all kinds), sprouted beats, pumpkin seeds; for dressing I did olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon; but the more veggies you can eat the better, their polyphenols will give you all the building blocks you need
- exercise --> for me I found weight training worked better but do whatever feels best; note that "going for a walk" is not enough, you need to run, swim, weightlift, or do something moderate to vigorous

After you've started the first part, start taking nootropics daily. I did rhodiola, hydergine, selegiline, piracetam, vinpocetine, choline. Take a single dose of each, together, in the morning with a high fat meal (like fried eggs, meat, or just take them with fish oil -- helps them absorb better). Because they potentiate each other, I don't feel additional doses are necessary beyond this one daily dose. Your problem is long-term and chronic so it needs a lower dose over a longer time. The effect will be cumulative and will increase over time. Hydergine and Selegiline are rx only in the U.S. but because there is evidence that they can cure depression (not just treat it), you may be able to convince your doctor to give you one. If not, shop online.

You can add 5-htp or tryptophan to this combo, but IME it's not necessary.

You need to be on the nootropics for at least 60 days, so obtain enough for this purpose. And of course, avoid MDMA because if you continue down this road you will ruin your life.

Any questions, just ask.

hey!

thanks for your input! I realize this thread is OLD but I've been researching this for awhile now. I took a couple capsules 2 weeks ago and i'm still dealing with the effects. its getting a little better each day though. i started taking 5 htp and Green Tea Extract. my nausea is oddly sticking around though. its hard to have an appetite. I just wanted to ask if there is anything else I should be doing that hasn't already been recommended? Is there perhaps a nootropic pill that has everything good in it that I need?

thanks!
Grant