• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Long term iv bupe withdrawal

19that_1_guy94

Greenlighter
First off, I am still a noobie to this forum so forgive & move to the right category..

I am 22 years old and have been addicted to IV suboxone for about the last 3 years. Tomorrow I run out of my prescription and will be attempting to withdrawal, cold turkey. I am broke for the next two weeks with absolutely no means to make any type of money..

I am deathly scared. I have not been I full blown withdrawal since 2013. I am tired to being a slave to bupe.

I created this thread for some support and tips on how to get through this with a full time job, will power, & some good weed, and just one or two REAL, SOBER friend(s).

If you guys have any advice or tips I will be postin once or twice a day

Thanks fellow bluelighter's...

Damn, this is going to be tough for you, but your BL peers have your back.

How many mg/day were you slamming before stopping? Did you manage to taper down?

If you have self control poppy seed tea may be the best way to ween off, but could also be a real problem. Just a suggestion if you really feel the withdrawals are too much.

Detoxing with bupe is just reducing the dose every 24 hours where sublingual dose goes from 16/14/12/10/8/4/2 starting whatever your stable at. If you follow that plan not starting at the highest, but lowest dose you can the withdrawals should be minimal.

I wish you the best. Just remember the bupe w/d will be minimal, but drawn out so just hang in there and it should get better. You have a lot of support here.

If you have self control poppy seed tea may be the best way to ween off

But he has no money.
With some money, the cheapest and more straight way is to buy some bupre or methadone.
For example, with only 100-200mg of methadone you can do a fast taper that is enough to avoid the worst part of a cold turkey

Last edited:
Your best bet is to reevaluate all the decisions youve made up to this point OP. Ask yourself primarily why the hell you'd put yourself through such blatant misery. With a full time job managing the potential nightmarish symptons of IV bupe withdrawal most likely will get you into some hairy situations. It can be done with maybe 12mg of lope and heavy doses of gabapentin taken as sparsely as possible.

I'd take 1mg of ativan or half a xanax or something with uou to work. The anxiety can make a terrible situation worse. Im not trying to hype you up, im just keepin it real and reminding you we are talking about a SEVERELY uncomfortable week. You need a healthy supply of withdrawal aiding meds before attempting this with any real hope for success.

Better do a rapid taper with the Bupe you got left. How much did you take per day?
If you can taper down to <0,5mg it would be very beneficial.

I am jumping off around 6mg a day.& a taper is unfortunately not an option.

I am broke and have ABSOLUTELY no means to find anything else but dope. & I refuse to go down that road(that would include pawning my 60" TV and ps4)
And I feel those two items will be big at 3am when I am tossing an turning and can't go to sleep.

Today is day one without anything(I IVed 4mg strip yesterday around 10am)
I slept good last night but I feel will be the last good sleep I get for ATLEAST 2 weeks. Ohhhh I am scared:(

Go to the store and spend 5 dollars and get loperamide AD and take 8 of the 2mg pills. I am jumping off a serious dope habit with them right now. Cant deal with chasing after heroin dealers all day anymore. I have lope, gabapentin, and weed.

Or if you could get a little money to get Kratom you'll be alright for sure, really though if you want off opiates and are willing to deal with the wd's then just ct it, bumped withdrawal is shitty but after two weeks the worst will be over. It'd be ideal if you could taper down more, 4mg IV is a lot and believe me you can make cash when there's withdrawal there's a way, for two years I would wake up with no job, home or hope and I'd always manage to somehow get at least 40-60$ together. And that was without committing crime.

I created this thread for some support and tips

My tip is to go back to suboxone as soon as possible.
We have made zero plans for detox or taper, the real reason for the detox is just that you have no money and a generic being tired of bupre.
Pretty lame reasons. To stay opiate-free is tough for an addicted and failure is pretty common, you are not ready for this.

Oops, that 4mg strip was your lifeline. You could have stretched that into a 5-day rapid taper thusly: 2mg day 1, 1mg day 2, 0.5mg day 3, 0.25mg day 4, 0.25mg day 5 & jump. Not ideal, but better than CT. But the vase is broken and we won't be mending it with regret, will we?

Your only hope now is a $5 package of generic loperamide, i think. Don't do large doses!

goodluck man, i went ct off 8-12mg iv , meth, and xanax and got sent to psych ward, had paranoid delusions for like a month.. but i was so bugged out i almost did not notice the w/d from bupe alone. i would say youre going to have a real hard time dealing withfull time work coming off that, if you cant afford a whole sub script or whatnot, buy immodium, and whatever other herbs u can get for relieving ur anxiety etc. good luck to you

you have a fulltime job, maybe you dont get another paycheck for two weeks, but there's probably someone there you could borrow money from

or you could panhandle

theres suboxone clinics everywhere, i dont really understand this plight

Go to the store and spend 5 dollars and get loperamide AD and take 8 of the 2mg pills. I am jumping off a serious dope habit with them right now. Cant deal with chasing after heroin dealers all day anymore. I have lope, gabapentin, and weed.

let me know how this goes brother

It won't be pleasant, to say the least. But a cold-turkey detox won't kill you either. You may be able to legitimately get time off work because you will have a runny nose, weepy eyes, lethargy. All the symptoms off a nasty cold. You may even be able to get a doctor's certificate without needing to tell them the real reason you're sick. You will appear quite unwell.

Just don't do anything silly like buying OTC codeine medicine with paracetamol in it and taking heaps and hurting your liver. I know people who have done this because they felt (understandably) desperate.

As other people have said, Bluelight is an excellent forum for support and advice. And it's non-judgmental advice from people who have been there, or at least in very similar scenarios.

Best of luck mate :)

From my experience with going off 8/4 mg every twelve hours for a week and a half while withdrawals aren't really noticeable I'm in excruciating pain through my muscles like you wouldn't believe.

If you're anything like me this is gonna be really bad. Just scrounge up enough money for some kratom, man. If you cant find it locally I am sure you can get it shipped to you within a couple of days. It will help so much.

Yeah...I wouldn't even dare to CT off that big of a dose, let alone an IV habit. I was a puking sweating paranoid mess for about one week after jumping from "only" ~0,5-1mg/day insufflated.
I would highly advise to either get some Kratom like burn out said, or better: Get one last 8mg pill and do a rapid taper or you will be in a world of hurt for sure.
Borrow some money if you have to. This is just too serious.