• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Long term, increasing tramadol use / introducing Tapentadol

emailfun1234

Greenlighter
Hi, all. Background: Using recreational Tram for TEN years. SLOWLY increasing use over time. 10 years ago, I had the self-control to NEVER even take it two days in a row and it was only 100mg in a day. Fast forward to March 2020, was up to about 350 / day, (like 200 at about 10AM and another 150 after dinner), but would still take a day off every week or two. Taking a day off would sort of prove to myself i wasn't hooked (ha) Enter COVID ... the lockdown, the boredom, a GIANT stash of Tram ... and the discovery of Tapentadol for something a little different.

Since 3/2020, I have increased a little more - 450 most days, 500 or 550 on "special occasions" (like a weekend. lol). I have only taken a day off a couple times ... i've made it about 30 hours. I get through a day as long as there are distractions.. The "withdrawal" is more mental than physical (I REALLY still love the tramadol buzz even after all this time). The problem is i REALLY can't sleep. Melatonin and 10mg valium give me about 2-3 hours and then i cannot fall back. The annoying "body tingle / can't get comfy," that sort of thing.

Lately, i've been adding some daily tapentadol to get a good feeling. As I write this, I'm not sure exactly what I'm even asking here. I guess it's these concerns:
  • How bad is it to mix tap and tram? On a weekend day, with nothing to do, i'm at 500mg tram and 150 tap. But i feel like i need to add a little to get to the right place.
  • Is weaning tram while increasing tap useful? I want to feel good but NOT increase tram usage much further. Yesterday i did 250 tram and 300 tap. Felt pretty good, but is this a "routine" i want to switch to?
  • How much tram have people gotten up to in a day. Since i used to do just 100mg, 500 feels like "OMG .. WAY too much." But there are people doing much more than that. Any personal stories on daily amounts that are much higher?
  • How is tap wd vs tram?
Thanks.

Always found trams & tapentadol to be terrible drugs tbh. Got around 30 x 200mg trams & 20 x 100mg taps lying around somewhere. Even in opie wd the traps did nothing for it. Read that although it's an opioid it has no active metabolites... Therefore no liver conversion to morphine like say, codeine. As for trams, just never done anything for me but everyone different.....

Hi, all. Background: Using recreational Tram for TEN years. SLOWLY increasing use over time. 10 years ago, I had the self-control to NEVER even take it two days in a row and it was only 100mg in a day. Fast forward to March 2020, was up to about 350 / day, (like 200 at about 10AM and another 150 after dinner), but would still take a day off every week or two. Taking a day off would sort of prove to myself i wasn't hooked (ha) Enter COVID ... the lockdown, the boredom, a GIANT stash of Tram ... and the discovery of Tapentadol for something a little different.

Since 3/2020, I have increased a little more - 450 most days, 500 or 550 on "special occasions" (like a weekend. lol). I have only taken a day off a couple times ... i've made it about 30 hours. I get through a day as long as there are distractions.. The "withdrawal" is more mental than physical (I REALLY still love the tramadol buzz even after all this time). The problem is i REALLY can't sleep. Melatonin and 10mg valium give me about 2-3 hours and then i cannot fall back. The annoying "body tingle / can't get comfy," that sort of thing.

Lately, i've been adding some daily tapentadol to get a good feeling. As I write this, I'm not sure exactly what I'm even asking here. I guess it's these concerns:
  • How bad is it to mix tap and tram? On a weekend day, with nothing to do, i'm at 500mg tram and 150 tap. But i feel like i need to add a little to get to the right place.
  • Is weaning tram while increasing tap useful? I want to feel good but NOT increase tram usage much further. Yesterday i did 250 tram and 300 tap. Felt pretty good, but is this a "routine" i want to switch to?
  • How much tram have people gotten up to in a day. Since i used to do just 100mg, 500 feels like "OMG .. WAY too much." But there are people doing much more than that. Any personal stories on daily amounts that are much higher?
  • How is tap wd vs tram?
Thanks.
And be careful pal, high doses of tramadol can cause seizures. Not sure exactly how much but I think ur in the dangerzone already.... someone correct if I'm wrong?