Long Term Effects of Adderall Abuse (during sobriety)

Fender07

Greenlighter
To start this off: I am fairly new, so I wasn't 100% sure where to post this, but I am worried and need some advice. This is long and messy, but I'm starting to freak out and don't know where to look for help.
I recently recovered from adderall abuse. I have been sober for 1 month, and I'm pretty much over all of the withdrawals; however, I'm concerned about any permanent effects on my health from the time I abused it (a little over a year). I am only 18, but i experienced many circulation issues while on the drug, like cold feet, very high blood pressure (160 over 100 at its worst point), fast resting heartbeat, and so on. These have all pretty much subsided (or significantly reduced in severity) since I've quit, but I'm still worried I may have fucked my body (it doesn't help that I'm also a heavy caffeine drinker and overweight). I used the drug therapeutically daily for the first 6 months or so, but the last 2 months specifally were bad (not daily, but on 3-4 days a week I would go on binges of anywhere from 80-120 mg a day). I know I'm young and possibly overreacting, but I'm going through that phase of extreme guilt where I feel like I might have ruined my life or something. So, to sum it all up; if I maintain a healthy life, stay sober, and work towards improving circulation (exercise, diet, etc.), can I reverse most of the long term adderall effects? Are there any things I should stay on the lookout for to seek medical attention? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Look up amphetamine long term effects. You should be able to start there.

If only 18, I seriously doubt any long term effects that will not eventually heal themselves.

Don't get anxious and surely don't go back. You'll be alright.

Yes, try not to worry. I do not believe that you will have any longterm effects from the adderall abuse but the health effects of overthinking/worrying are well documented!;) Just continue to explore how to live a very healthy lifestyle. Learn to cook with fresh foods, get exercise that makes you feel good (not like a chore that must be done) and get good sleep. Most of all, take pride in your accomplishment (ending the abuse) and keep your eyes on your personal goals.

Congrats on kicking the adderall and I can assure you that you can expect a full recovery...There are more than 2 documented studies proving exercise speeds up the recovery process...Just to give you an idea, I abused Adderall for years and the last time I took it I ate 59 IR 30mg pills in 4 days and they had no effect. The first 3-4 days were HELL and I slept over 25 hours at one point, however by 10 days I saw a significant improvement and now am back to normal..

I think most of the effects are mental damage to your brain receptors Etc. Exercise helps as for body you should recover just fine.

I would definitely try to wean yourself off the caffeine. I know it's hard, do it slowly. Quitting caffeine helped me a lot after adderall. Caffeine's a stimulant as well as adderall, so i would just give your brain a break from all of it for awhile.
And you'll definitely begin to start feeling better. Good sleep, healthy eating, and exercise and you'll feel better really quickly :)