Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Long term comedown - memory

zachthorp

Greenlighter
Posted on here a few times before.

any of you suffering from long term comedowns have memory problems. Like say if you were in an argument, I would forget what I've said cause I feel too out of it and foggy to remember. Like its kinda like a fog blocking my thoughts rather than just complete memory loss.

That happened to me after i took MDMA for my first time, but no other drug has caused forgetfulness like that

was it more of brain fog or just memory. Like i have de-realisation and fatigue along with it aswell.

Mainly just a massively heavy brain fog, like almost all complex cognitive functioning was gone for a day

Don't think its damage, read that plenty of people go through this for a number of physiological reasons and stress after taking mdma.

also I have had clearer moments. But then stress or whatever and I've gone back to usual. Just asking if anyone else has this symptom of long term comedown

I took MDMA for my first time recently. Very high in purity and tested it myself.
During and after the trip/roll I feel like a lot has changed. I often brain fart and forget about a conservation that I'm in the middle of. This was 4 days ago and I just think that it may be still in my system. I am very small in size and because of the purity I think this might be true. Throughout the whole night I had taken 300mg in total. Split into 2 150mg bombs.

Over time, it has been getting better. But I also keep feeling like a gush of energy/high. Anyone else heard of this?

The last time I rolled was about 3 months ago and I took a bit much to handle. But I totally have been having this too. It's frustrating, does anyone know how long before I should consider it a permanent issue? I have abstained from all substances since and have an incredibly healthy diet with exercise...

The last time I rolled was about 3 months ago and I took a bit much to handle. But I totally have been having this too. It's frustrating, does anyone know how long before I should consider it a permanent issue? I have abstained from all substances since and have an incredibly healthy diet with exercise...

Then just keep at it. Nothing is really permanent anyways. :)

For myself, I have a minor issue too, stemming from my periodontitis/swollen gums...ugh, I hate going to the dentist, but I'm waiting for my insurance to clear so that I can eat on the right side of my mouth again. =/

I need to quit smoking cigs too. Damn, it's so hard. Quitting anything/everything else is a cakewalk compared to cigs!

There was a study done in Australia that claimed that cigs can be harder to quit than heroin..^

Yeah, I've been told that before so I don't doubt it. Not to mention the fact that I haven't quit it yet, as well as the facts surrounding the addictive nature of nicotine...

I've even quit weed recently, and I plan for it to be that way until summer. Ultimately, I just didn't want to feel like a slave to the habit, even though I can regulate my use and also manage my time just fine (as in, only smoke when I'm done with my duties for the day). But at least quitting weed, again, was quite easy. I can't wait for it to be legal here though, about damn time!

Anyway, hopefully you have faith that things will work out just fine. It's what keeps us going and it's what gives us the energy to look forward to the nice things in life. I feel like I can speak about this, considering my own experiences, as someone who hit rock bottom but steadily rose to...the middle? Yeah, around there. :)

Besides, you don't come across to me as someone who had been as hopeless as I was at certain points in my life. I can simply say my negative thinking during those times didn't help at all, as right as I was in my judgments which held up to the facts. Still, ime, it didn't benefit me at all. You have to believe you will get better and overcome your problems, whether it's from mdma use or whatever. That's probably the only way you'll find yourself doing so.

Thank you for the insight. Unsurprisingly rock bottom for me was before that roll. I guess the good thing that came out of that MDMA experience was the wake up. Things got to the point where I had no choice but to deal with them and realized that these substances aren't a very good cure for life, I believed they exist to enhance it. That being said it defined the line of whats recreation and whats abuse. Its all about the intentions for me and mine were to distract. So I guess you can say I'm somewhere between the middle and the bottom, still some doubts every once in a while but tightly holding on to that faith. :)

And congrats on the future legalization:D I'm from OR and always take road trips for that incredible Cali tree

Haha, no problem. I thought this was your other thread at first, so I was going to ask you how your next trial with mdma went. Idk, I wouldn't want anyone to go out without having at least one good experience after trying it. That just sounds blasphemous in my mind.

Hmm, I see. About the other thread, the thing with mdma is that you can't force a good experience if you just started, or if you aren't used to its effects yet. The only exception I can think of is a laboratory setting with controls and what not. But you can only go with the flow, so it's important to have either a knowledgeable sitter, or an experienced user, to help guide that flow. I'd say after about 10 times anyone would be able to direct the trip on their own at that point, assuming that you become somewhat used to that state. It's simply too strong and unfamiliar before then, and obviously I'm not anyone special, but my point is that the above would've applied to me too. Even though if I took it now, it'd almost be the equivalent of drinking water. The obvious reason is because I took it a shit load of times. :)

But the beginning? lol, I was hyper sensitive too, no doubt about that. Even the people I was with (hah, literally a decade ago) could hardly believe I was tripping for so long my first time, but I guess I was exhibiting all of the effects so they were like wtf. It was also the same with shrooms too; I think it was my second time, and I was tripping balls off of the same amount as them (although I suspect it was because I was the only one who fasted before I took it), but they all said they didn't feel much. I would routinely get rocked by low doses back then when I tried something new.

But that's good. I know what it's like to lose hope in all of the things that have meaning; so I can relate, and honestly staying positive and hopeful is the best option if you want to be genuinely happy.

Yeah, I'm assuming it will happen, and I'm confident enough to bet on it. At least for 2016. Weed needs to be freed. :) Especially in this state, it'll create jobs, reduce incarcerations, add to the state budget and ensure that we get our rights back. It's too hypocritical for cigs and alcohol to be legal, but not weed. Cali bud is good! Frosty OG kush FTFW, damn I miss weed already.

My depersonalization disorder experience was actually triggered when I was high on marijuana and had a panic attack. Dream like state, very disoriented and work was absolute hell given I'd never went to work high. I literally felt blowed for three days straight after the effects should have worn off. I had to keep comforting myself that it wouldn't be forever and reminding myself that I was real. I was convinced of possible onset of paranoid schizophrenia due to family medical history and just how truly terrifying this experience was for me. I still don't know if it went away or I just got used to it and accepted it. What helped the most was finding out what was going on.

Learning that this happened to people from experiences from weed reassured me that my brain fog and memory problems were anxiety related rather than so-called MDMA brain damage. Seems to me that the memory problems are a result of DP/DR and brain fog as I didn't tend to register the day's going by properly as I was so absorbed in myself. I think I'm much better than I was these days and the symptoms only seem to return occasionally when I self-check. I was always a bit of a hypochondriac when it comes to my health and having this probably made overly aware of how I was feeling. I'm my own worst enemy really.

Learning that this happened to people from experiences from weed reassured me that my brain fog and memory problems were anxiety related rather than so-called MDMA brain damage. Seems to me that the memory problems are a result of DP/DR and brain fog as I didn't tend to register the day's going by properly as I was so absorbed in myself. I think I'm much better than I was these days and the symptoms only seem to return occasionally when I self-check. I was always a bit of a hypochondriac when it comes to my health and having this probably made overly aware of how I was feeling. I'm my own worst enemy really.
My disassociative episode was one of the scariest experiences so it's comforting to know I'm not alone.