• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Long term chronic pain opiate user

I've actually wondered if the pain might have been caused by the pain meds?
They don't cause pain directly, but what they do, is cause your body to inhibit the production of your indiginous opiates, found naturally in the human body. you don't notice the halt of production while you're still taking medication, but after you cease use, you don't have the artificial opiates you've been relying on, or the natural ones that make pain tolerable. Then pain sensitivity increases dramatically.The aforementioned process does take some time to develope, it doesn't occur after a few uses.

- SS373dOH Soul

Oh, and hopeless soul. I hope you don't still feel that way and was just how you were feeling when you joined.

I've got to say that I got dealt a pretty shitty hand in this life that affected me at the height of my prime. When I was in amazing shape and could have probably gone pro in biking. And right after I graduated with honors in engineering from one of the best engineering schools in the country. Went to do my good deed and donate blood and was told I didn't have enough. But we all have our shit and just have to make the best of the time we have because none of us are guaranteed anything. And the only thing you can take to the bank is that we will all die someday. So it's up to us to make the best of things.

I can't work. But I found a great wife that puts up with me and still loves me and has a good job. And now I have an amazing baby daughter that I swear at 17 months is smarter than most adults and is pure energy and trouble. Not really but she will explore and learn from everything she can get away with.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter how bad things look, if you try to make the best that things can eventually change for the better if you let them and give it the opportunity.

Hopefully I just wasted my breath and you already know that.

Take care!

HS does the natural process ever start again? Or have I screwed myself for ever? Because I do get hurt a lot trying to do everything I want. I'm almost positive my brain chemistry has been altered and really hope things change back eventually. I can't remember how many years it's been since I've woken up feeling good and saying I'm going to kick this days ass. Instead I rush to take pain meds to feel a little normal and take care of the pain that usually quickly arrives.

Anyways, I hope things change but that remains to be seen because of I still have the pain there isn't much that I can do.

God bless you and your efforts. I KNOW how hard all this is. But you are doing it for the right reasons, and you've got a good attitude. I've found, at least with fibro, that over the years or at different times, the pain has been much less than it was initially. The body always tries to heal itself, and to cope, so whatever caused the original pain may well have changed over time. If I were you, I'd research how long it takes the natural endorphins to return and see if there aren't some supplements you can take to help them along. I'd also get a guaranteed absorbable high potency all purpose vitamin mineral because you probably have deficiencies. Meds, all of them, take a variety of vitamins and minerals out of you, and you can't eat enough to get them back. That and some methlycobalamin lozenges, that's B-12 that's immediately available to the body without any digestive process, could help out with the low energy. And you're right about the exercise, which can help stimulate endorphin production, too. The very best to you and your family. You've got everything to live for. Go for it!