• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower Long term cannabis use damages the lungs, but differently than tobacco

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member

"Prolonged cannabis use leads to overinflated lungs and increased resistance to airflow compared to tobacco and may also reduce the amount of oxygen extracted from breath."

At least it doesn't give you cancer, though?

I think it sounds scarier than it really is, nobody's going to the hospital for this (probably).

Discuss.

It kind of sounds like a technical way of saying if you smoke pot you may become out of breath. "Bong lung" was a term I hadn't seen before, that was interesting.

its probably due to the nature that many of us smoke cannabis, when i was younger i was bad for doing 2 foot buddha bongs, holding that shit in then enjoying the high (and i guess some oxygen depletion, doh)

But if you grow up and smoke it 'normally' its fine but ye i imagine it to be like we are forcing extra pollutants , tars and particles deeper and holding them far longer into our alveoli than we would with tobacco

holding that shit in then enjoying the high (and i guess some oxygen depletion, doh)
heh, yeah I remember doing this with dirt weed and actually passing out and having some mild seizures several times by holding it in way too long, foolish teenager I was

But if you grow up and smoke it 'normally' its fine but ye i imagine it to be like we are forcing extra pollutants , tars and particles deeper and holding them far longer into our alveoli than we would with tobacco
Agreed