• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Long term Cannabinoid Use and why it's impossible to wean off them

Dozens hospitalized in NYC for apparent K2 overdoses

NEW YORK -- Police said at least 33 people were hospitalized Tuesday after showing signs of overdosing on synthetic marijuana in Brooklyn, CBS New York reported.

The incident happened in the neighborhood of Bedford-Stuyvesant, in the same area where the station reported on the problem last month.

CBS New York reported that police rushed Tuesday from one street corner to another, finding people strung out on K2 synthetic marijuana, also known as "spice."

Victims were slumped over on the sidewalk with blank stares, some barely standing, others strapped on to stretchers.

The scene was so bad that Bed-Stuy resident Brian Arthur started live streaming it on his Facebook page.

"As I was walking up a block, I see anybody laying out on the floor, and everybody's just stumbling all over the place," Arthur said. "It looked like a scene out of a zombie movie."

Walter Quinones was standing on the street when he saw people start dropping. Right next to him was a wooden sign that someone has painted reading, "No smoking K2."

"They were pouring out in the street. It was like something out of a movie man, horror movie," Quinones told WCBS Radio. "It reminded me of the crack epidemic when it first came out, you know, but this was like more worse. They were just dropping."

The dramatic scene unfolded on Stockton Street and Lewis Avenue near a community garden and then spilled onto busy Broadway, across the street from a deli police say they raided for selling K2 after CBS New York did a story a few weeks ago.

A man at the deli denied the store was raided, before kicking a CBS New York crew out of the store.

Neighbors say the K2 problem is getting worse in the neighborhood.

"In previous years, you might see the same five or 10 guys around, and now it's five new guys every half-hour walking around smoking it," said Bed-Stuy resident Jason Reis. "So I think a lot more people are flocking to this area. There's a store in this neighborhood that's one of the only stores, from what I understand, in New York City that's selling K2."

"Sometimes I think that these people around here are going to do something that they don't want to do, and it kind of freaks me out," said 10-year-old Julio Montesdeoca.

The NYPD says because K2 recipes change constantly, some ingredients aren't illegal, so it's difficult to crack down on the dangerous drug. The Police Department added that synthetic pot is still not included in penal law. It can be illegal under federal law if it is made using a controlled substance.

"What K2 does is puts you in a world, a delusional world, have your mind spinning," said Andrew, who said he's used synthetic marijuana. "It's mind altering."

"It's very sad," resident David Marcao said of the situation. "These people are sick."

Police say they will continue the raids in the neighborhood until they can control the problem.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/do...r-apparent-k2-overdoses/ar-BBuhkqU?li=BBnb7Kz

In all fairness, I believe the OP was referring to or Marinol...Dronabinol.....but still...the frequency of use is insane.

Habitual use of cannabis can be highly beneficial to an individual in many respects. However, usually that does not involve fiending the drug, or using it so much that you cannot be comfortable without it in your system.

I have serious problems and a dab every 4 to 8 hours really helps with the associated depression and stress. You can be going into and coming out of highs through the day, without abusing it, in my opinion. It's all about the dose, as well as frequency of use, and personally I need something a little stronger for my pain than bong so I use concentrates. There's something for everyone in the world of weed these days.

You can be stupid with anything though, and your endocannabinoid system is no different.

^Abuse of synthetic cannabinoids shouldn't be compared to THC... I believe she also discussed how she thought that these cannabinoids would be similar to cannabis, so it's not like she also got these symptoms with cannabis.

Hit the nail on the head, IMO. I don't use and have never personally used synthetic cannabis, quality ganga is just too available for me to ever even think of trying it. I do understand why someone without access to good medication may try something off the wall, like a synthetic cannabinoid. But, I am making my assessment purely on what I've seen and read. I was very interested in the topic and so investigated it. Places like NYC and Skid Row (in L.A.) have a huge problem with it. Due to the poverty, $5 worth of that shit will keep someone f'd up all day, where $5 might get 'em a joint of some "mids" (medium grade cannabis), that may only slightly inebriate them for only a couple of hours. But, the side effects from the synthetic cannabinoids are horrendous. People die every day from synthetic cannabinoids... People don't die from sun-grown cannabis.

I think they are making you sick because you are using like a crackhead.

In an 8 hour day, say, that would be 32 individual times that you ingest these drugs. Just 8 Hours. Add 4 more hours, 16 more ingestions.

Consider that. It is probably your body recovering from the abuse you have been putting it through, for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT, in your words, not withdrawing.

I believe I did say I developed an addiction. I just don't know why my body wouldn't allow me to wean myself off! My body should be used to them and should continue to get the effects and should allow to wean off - look at all the other addicts out there...

And it wasn't like they were like crack...it's just that full agonist cannabinoids only last at least 25-30min for me unless it's at least a few consecutive hits, or unless it's weed, in which case it lasts a few hours.

^Pole driver, interesting article, but I wasn't talking about synethetic cannabis.

@shroomy satori.

I wasn't fiending the drug or uncomfortable without it not in my system. In fact, I worse every time I did take a hit!. This was back when cannabinoids first came out (and I mean fiiiirsssstt came out), and I was new to drugs, even weed, and they didn't last very long, so I just smoked however long I needed to maintain effects and get all trippy and nod out for a bit.

I wasn't redosing because I was fiending a craving a next a hit or anything lol.

I didn't even know I would go through withdrawals or that I had developed a physical dependency until 6 days until after I stopped. I had no cravings or fiendings when I did stop after the intitial adverse reaction.

"All full agonists I have taken"

Guys this does NOT mean "as in I have taken all full agonist cannabinoids," but simply means " out off the ones I HAVE" taken...

drscience...no, I was not referring to dronabinol.

I want to let people know who have read the threads dealing with smoking and holding in cannabis smoke:

when I smoke cannabis smoke...when holding in I either breathe in a massive breath of oxygen at either around 6 - 7 or 10 seconds so oxygen deprivation is not a factor and I have cannabinoids right not, my am 2201 was replaced - the benzo was an accident - and the increase in effects is a truth

And dronabinol is a pure form of thc and by pure form of thc I mean it lacks other cannabinoids and by other cannabinoids I mean the phytocannabinoids - the cannabinoids in marijuana. The only way to do this is dronabinol

And marinol is full of sesame oil. Those are the inactive ingredients. So it is natural

Sorry I misunderstood this post.

Sigh, if you are going to stretch what I say, you can take it back before that and at least go back to the days to the dinosaurs ;p

And that's why it's important to include details in your posts. You can explicitly tell us the name of the cannabinoid in question but you choose to be ambiguous so no one ever really knows what you are on about. Use detail. Just a tip.

I clearly don't have your amount of experience GWTBH, but I have had similar effects on a lesser level.

Cannabinoids (sp?) have always been a bit unpredictable in terms of effects for me, is it possible you're just going through a phase of different effects? Different settings? Different life concerns?

All worth consideration, I believe. Wish I had a better answer to give you.

OP seems to know everything apparently.

Except for why fake weed fucked her up so bad.

I think she was mostly interested in the physiological mechanisms of why the bad effects come on so sudden (OP correct me if I'm wrong).

I suppose it could have something to do with a critical mass of heterodimers coupled to excitable pathways.

I believe I did say I developed an addiction. I just don't know why my body wouldn't allow me to wean myself off! My body should be used to them and should continue to get the effects and should allow to wean off - look at all the other addicts out there...

And it wasn't like they were like crack...it's just that full agonist cannabinoids only last at least 25-30min for me unless it's at least a few consecutive hits, or unless it's weed, in which case it lasts a few hours.

^Pole driver, interesting article, but I wasn't talking about synethetic cannabis.

@shroomy satori.

I wasn't fiending the drug or uncomfortable without it not in my system. In fact, I worse every time I did take a hit!. This was back when cannabinoids first came out (and I mean fiiiirsssstt came out), and I was new to drugs, even weed, and they didn't last very long, so I just smoked however long I needed to maintain effects and get all trippy and nod out for a bit.

I wasn't redosing because I was fiending a craving a next a hit or anything lol.

I didn't even know I would go through withdrawals or that I had developed a physical dependency until 6 days until after I stopped. I had no cravings or fiendings when I did stop after the intitial adverse reaction.

"All full agonists I have taken"

Guys this does NOT mean "as in I have taken all full agonist cannabinoids," but simply means " out off the ones I HAVE" taken...

drscience...no, I was not referring to dronabinol.

So you were taking things like JWH and other synthetic "cannabinoids"?

That's probably another reason you have adverse effects....you don't know what they are made of or where they come from...even if it says what the ingredients on the package.....they have been proven in some cases to contain NO cannabinoids at all, just a cocktail of legal RC's.

Again..I am assuming you were using these synthetic cannabinoids, because if you used cannabinoids derived from cannabis (ie not synthetic) you would not be experiencing these adverse effects.

To quote w01fg4ng "And that's why it's important to include details in your posts. You can explicitly tell us the name of the cannabinoid in question but you choose to be ambiguous so no one ever really knows what you are on about. Use detail. Just a tip."

Blue haired girl, I am confused. What have you been smoking? Weed, dabs, JWH stuff, other unspecified synthetic cannabinoids, THC-A extract, CBD, synthetically produced naturally occurring cannabinoids, dmt-coated oil dabs... crack? Whatever you've been smoking, it sounds like you need something longer lasting.

My tolerance to cannabis changes so quickly that it is difficult to do any sort of accurate taper with it. When I am using cannabis, it is always on some kind of schedule so I can maintain control of my habit the best. I take a dab of a nearly-full-indica every 4 to 8 hours now, unless I am oxy-sick. Then I will dab or die until my pills kick in before taking the rest of the day off oil to conserve that golden glory. I have 'cold turkeyed' from regular old weed many times, and definitely have felt like crap for a little while and gotten cravings for it. It's mostly cognitive effects that are encountered, I probably get them because I'm mentally ill to begin with, and meditation helps - but I eat a lot of food and definitely noticed severe appetite suppression a few times, as well as insomnia. I don't notice any issues at my current usage rate, as I was using much more back then (around two ounces per week vs. a gram of live resin a week now).

Probably off-topic, but the topic is still confusing to me. Isn't regular old THC a full-agonist cannabinoid? What isn't?