• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Long term Cannabinoid Use and why it's impossible to wean off them

theGirlWithBlueHair

Bluelighter
Okay, so cannabinoids are my drug of choice; I absolutely love them. they are extremely addicting to me. But I have no problem stopping when I want - they are just extremely moorish and when I run out I get extremely fiendish and display typical addict behavior, which subsides quickly, however.

But my question is - when I use them long term, ie a few months and I develop a physical tolerance to them, I start to develop adverse reactions, such as strange sickening feelings during the high, fear and anxiety, chest pain: they just feel like they are poisoning me.

Now this is when I have a MASSIVE tolerance and I'm very used to the drugs and , like, immediately before this, I was getting typical, pleasurable effects from the drug. So WTF?!

This makes it impossible for me to wean off of them, and as a result I go through severe, massive withdrawals. The first time I started using full agonist cannabinoids I was completley ignorant of them and assumed they were as harmless as weed, and I smoked them day and night for three and half months.

And then the shit above started, and I went through withdrawals from mid-July until October.

Can anybody explain why this has happened to me multiple times during my use of cannabinoids?

Chest pain as in costochondritis type stuff from hyperventilation/anxiety chest breathing or chest pain more like angina?

Okay, so cannabinoids are my drug of choice; I absolutely love them. they are extremely addicting to me. But I have no problem stopping when I want - they are just extremely moorish and when I run out I get extremely fiendish and display typical addict behavior, which subsides quickly, however.

But my question is - when I use them long term, ie a few months and I develop a physical tolerance to them, I start to develop adverse reactions, such as strange sickening feelings during the high, fear and anxiety, chest pain: they just feel like they are poisoning me.

Now this is when I have a MASSIVE tolerance and I'm very used to the drugs and , like, immediately before this, I was getting typical, pleasurable effects from the drug. So WTF?!

This makes it impossible for me to wean off of them, and as a result I go through severe, massive withdrawals. The first time I started using full agonist cannabinoids I was completley ignorant of them and assumed they were as harmless as weed, and I smoked them day and night for three and half months.

And then the shit above started, and I went through withdrawals from mid-July until October.

Can anybody explain why this has happened to me multiple times during my use of cannabinoids?

Cannabinoids would NOT cause withdrawals that last from July to October. 100%.

Cannabinoids are what is in weed that give you the effects or "high" So it wasn't much of a leap switching from weed to pure CBD's.

The symptoms you describe sound to me like an anxiety attack. Marijuana may be exacerbating that because you are using more potent cannabis products.

I have an extremely high tolerance (smoke 6-10 joints a day, plus about .3-.5 shatter and bubble hash as well.) When I stop cold turkey, I get irritable, maybe a bit nauseous but nothing like a panic attack. ( I have general anxiety disorder which I am prescribed clonazepam 2mg twice daily for, so I know what panic attacks are.)

So yea to me it seems like you may have an anxiety disorder.

^Abuse of synthetic cannabinoids shouldn't be compared to THC... I believe she also discussed how she thought that these cannabinoids would be similar to cannabis, so it's not like she also got these symptoms with cannabis. It's possible that THC etc. is signaling differently than some of the synthetic cannabinoids going around.

At any rate it's more than conceivable that through a mechanism like long term potentiation that withdrawals could be persistent even with THC. Induction of DeltaFosB or other genes might be causing issues as well that could result in a somewhat persistent change in neural function. But every brain is different. I can't tell you how many times I've heard this whole "well it didn't happen with me so it must just be psychological for you" sort of rhetoric and it's just really not helpful in most cases.

Abuse of synthetic cannabinoids shouldn't be compared to THC
Even the creator of the JWH series knows it's bad news.

"Professor John W. Huffman, who first synthesised many of the cannabinoids used in synthetic cannabis, is quoted as saying, "People who use it are idiots.[5] You don't know what it's going to do to you."[21] "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabinoids#cite_note-msnbc-5

I can't believe people like the OP get a hold of something like this expecting a natural clean high lol.

I can understand how OP thought it wouldn't be too different from THC besides potency. Unfortunately there can be differences in how agonists signal - even if they are both binding to CB1 etc. they might affect very different signaling pathways. Who would've known that one pathway could be disastrous to activate or withdraw from activation of, without having first had explicit knowledge that other people were having a really rough time with synthetic cannabinoids?

Who would've known that one pathway could be disastrous to activate or withdraw from activation of, without having first had explicit knowledge that other people were having a really rough time with synthetic cannabinoids?
No one, however this doesn't mean we need to repeat the same mistakes with drugs that we have made in the past.

Can you imagine if the internet was around when heroin was first synthesized and some bluelighter makes a thread about how they thought heroin would be just like morphine because hey, it's made from morphine it's like basically the same thing right? It sounds ridiculous because it is.

I understand and I agree, I'm just saying that without such knowledge it's not hard to believe that a young person would have to learn from their own mistakes rather than the mistakes of others, I've found myself in a similar situation not because of denial but simply because I didn't have the correct knowledge of what a substance could do

I understand and I agree, I'm just saying that without such knowledge it's not hard to believe that a young person would have to learn from their own mistakes rather than the mistakes of others, I've found myself in a similar situation not because of denial but simply because I didn't have the correct knowledge of what a substance could do
Well it's much easier today with places like Bluelight to know better than to assume such things.

I come from an era where people would tell you that smoking seeds makes you impotent and false information like that was often excepted as true because fact checking was extremely difficult.

I don't think this generation has much of an excuse to believe such things like all synthetic cannabinoids is as safe as natural cannabinoids. The information is literally right in front of your face...too easy.

I can understand how OP thought it wouldn't be too different from THC besides potency. Unfortunately there can be differences in how agonists signal - even if they are both binding to CB1 etc. they might affect very different signaling pathways. Who would've known that one pathway could be disastrous to activate or withdraw from activation of, without having first had explicit knowledge that other people were having a really rough time with synthetic cannabinoids?

I did get a good, amazing high better than THC exponentially. the creator of JWH doesn't know anything about drugs other than how to make them. stop peddling nonsense please. They are perfectly safe drugs when used at their proper dosages. Maybe you should stop smoking synthetic weed and get some real cannabinoids before you start bashing them and giving lurkers false information

I started using them because I liked them a lot and I got addicted and that was why I got withdrawals. It frankly doesn't matter whether or not if if I read information onlline about them

Last edited:
Some of us are not blessed with an over abundance of impulse control etc. - it's possible that because of biological differences, two people make different decisions as far as drug use after having reviewed the same information depicting harm after said drugs. And just to re-iterate, I think a lot of the issues with synthetic cannabinoids might have at first been presumed to be from a potency discrepancy rather than functional selectivity at the cannabinoid receptors, and one might have assumed that they could keep their use under control and not experience the same issues (which is not entirely unfeasible).

I think there are also cases where, because of historical excess propaganda and fear mongering, truths about drug harm are taken as lies.

Yes and as I stated, whether I did research or not "I started using them because I liked them a lot andI got addicted and that was why I got withdrawals."

I did get a good, amazing high better than THC exponentially.
I was going to ask you what your "amazing" experience was like but then I remembered you already told us.

right here,

strange sickening feelings during the high, fear and anxiety, chest pain: they just feel like they are poisoning me.

You must REALLY hate regular THC if it makes you feel exponentially worse than the above.

I never said I dindn't like THC or it made me feel worse than anything. Your extrapolations do not make sense. Those incipient effects after such a long-term use and their abruptness just don't make sense and don't allow me to wean, that is all I am saying

I have tried true, pure THC (dronabinol) in high doses - 200mg - and it feels exactly like a synthetic cannabinoid

Kindling is an important mechanic here and depending on pharmacokinetic factors there might be more kindling with synthetic cannabinoids

You are characterizing synthetic full-agonist cannabinoids as perfectly safe to use, while complaining of their terrible side-effects and addiction potential. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

While the research into these chemicals is rather sparse, there are a plethora of rather nasty side-effects documented in the existent literature.

Last edited:
Do you know why I might suddenly, out of nowhere get the effects - I used them with typical effects and had been using them almost every 15 -30 min for 3 months - and suddenly they are making me sick and I can not wean?

You are characterizing synthetic full-agonist cannabinoids as perfectly safe to use, while complaining of their terrible side-effects and addiction potential. These doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

While the research into these chemicals is rather sparse, there are a plethora of rather nasty side-effects documented in the existent literature.

All drugs carry those risks and the potential nasty side-effects.

I never said I dindn't like THC or it made me feel worse than anything. Your extrapolations do not make sense. Those incipient effects after such a long-term use and their abruptness just don't make sense and don't allow me to wean, that is all I am saying

I have tried true, pure THC (dronabinol) in high doses - 200mg - and it feels exactly like a synthetic cannabinoid
The funny thing is that you haven't even specified the drug you are talking about in this thread. You did the same thing in your other thread that is now in the Synthesis mega thread and you still have yet to tell anyone the drug you are talking about.

I really don't think it's possible to have a more ambiguous conversation. We might as well be talking about a fictitious character for all I care.