View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Long-Term 4-HO-MET Usage

DirtyLSD

Greenlighter
I've been using this site for a few years now but I have never had the need to ask a question since there is an overwhelming abundance of information on the web and you guys always seem to know your shit. However, I have been doing some research over the latter half of 2016 up to now and I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

I have three main questions:

1. How long can I store 4-HO-MET (fumarate) inside an glass amber jar that is air and water tight with silica gel packs being regularly replaced (monthly or bi-monthly)?
  2. How large of a dose has been noted to be "safe," "non-toxic," or "not life-threatening?" I can only find information about doses ranging from 10mg (or below) to 75mg at the highest.
  3. Are there any reports on long term usage? (25-50+ weeks)

As a side question, how closely is 4-HO-MET related to Psilocin? I understand that it is a structural and functional analogue, I'm asking in terms of "potency" per mg. Would it be safe to say that 1mg of 4-HO-MET would equal 1mg of Psilocin/Psilocybin in regards to toxicity?

4-HO-MET is one of the closest analogues to psilocin. Psilocin is 4-HO-DMT (dimethyl, meaning it has 2 methyls on the indole ring), whereas -MET is methyl ethyl, meaning it has one methyl and one ethyl (ethyl is the closest to methyl of the types of groups that can attach... it goes methyl, ethyl, isopropyl, propyl, and then allyl I believe). As far as potency, I find the METs to be somewhat less potent than the DMTs, I would not say they are equivalent. 20mg of 4-HO-DMT is really fucking strong for me, while 20mg of 4-HO-MET is not very strong.

As far as toxicity, as far as I know, no one has ever died from a 4-substituted tryptamine. They seem to be about as non-toxic as drugs get. Someone on here took 500mg of 4-AcO-DMT and was totally fine. I think there is no reasonable dose of this that could harm you physically or be life-threatening.

The fumarate salts are pretty stable, that's why they started making them. Storing in an amber vial in the freezer with silica, it should last a long time. If you keep in the freezer, remember to let it warm to room temperature before opening the vial. I keep my tryps in the freezer in amber vials and I haven't had any degradation issues.

It is my hands down fave psych at the moment, (with a MXE chaser :) ). I've a gram in a sealed bag cool place and with no drop in potency that I can tell and its about a year old. I've gone up to 80mg over the space of a couple of hours, which was although not as visual as I would have hoped was very intense and I ended up looping! I like it due to its safety profile although obviously I don't drop a gram at a time.

Using daily for more than sporadic bursts of 2-3 days every so often (like at a music festival) is a bad idea. Take it from me. I used to take psychedelics almost every day for about 2 years in late 2005 to late 2007... I don't feel I did permanent damage but it was pointless and gluttonous. I ended up turning something beautiful into something routine I used as an escape from reality. I also wore myself down badly due to accumulated sleep deprivation and really suffered for that. It also took me quite a few years to stop having a massive permatolerance, it would take me like 3 times as much as it should to trip for like 3 or 4 years after that, and the trips would still be nowhere near as magical as my earlier ones. I'm good now, I have great trips again, but it's 2017, a full 10 years after I chilled out. Psychedelics are best when left for special occasions. Even weekly tripping will start to use its lustre. These days I trip around twice a month or maybe a little more (depends on my mood and the season, I trip more in the summer due to festivals and outdoor adventure opportunities), and my trips are great. Sometimes I go to a music festival and I definitely end up going hard and taking stuff for 2-3 days straight, but then I take a break and restore myself.

I totally get the draw of tripping often; some people, like myself, love the psychedelic state. But it really damages your ability to have meaningful and satisfying trips, in the very best case scenario. Worst case scenario, you can really fry yourself mentally. I'm lucky I have a brain that really handles psychedelics well. I personally know people who tripped way less than me for a shorter amount of time and are still affected by it. I don't even have HPPD or anything. I'm basically one lucky-assed mothertucker.

On storage, I've had some in the freezer with silica gel for about a year with no problem.
As for frequency, twice a month is about right. If you wait a week between trips then youay find that tolerance is reset, but you will not get the same magic. A two week gap, IMHO, is ideal to get the best return. FWIW I had 16mg of 4-aco-mipt yesterday along with 25mg of MXE and it was one of my best trips for a long time. A true positive rebirth experience as i was coming down. In the past I have tripped once a week or more and besides some nice visuals i have not experienced the same afterglow.

Metocin is delightful and i have experienced no I'll effects having gone through a frame or so in total. The only thing to bear in mind is that the come up is very rapid (as with all 4 subs in my experience) so be prepared if/when you push the dosage higher.

It's also very nice on the comedown of longer acting psychedelics if it takes your fancy...

They are apparently quite safe to use reasonably, but taking 4-HO-MET heavily / like there's no tomorrow may be bad for your heart.

But I'm talking very heavily, you probably shouldn't do that anyway if only because of tolerance and the magic you ruin after a while. Better to keep it reasonable and take some care with the breaks in between, trips are most meaningful and impressive anyway when you lead an eventful life in between uses.

yeah i find overusing psychs just makes trips qualitatively decline to the point that it's not worth tripping anymore.
no good for your emotional wellbeing and mental health either.
plus, tolerance can rise pretty sharply.

when it comes to psychedelics (especially substituted tryptamines like 4-ho-met) i prefer large doses infrequently.
i took some silly doses of 4-aco-dmt, but besides have crazy trips with encounters with entities and other worlds, they seemed safe enough.