• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Long story short

hurts2live

Greenlighter
I am new here, i started taking hydrocodone for a bad back when i was 28. It then led to percocet. After years of taking that my doctor got flagged to be a pill pusher. I never had insurance and always paid cash. From then i started to buy pills off the street until the cost was too great. This brought me to the world of heroin and boy that was a huge mistake. Now being 46 and losing my brother to an overdose i realized this was no way to live. I was prescribe suboxone which i began to got into anafilific shock. The naltrexone being the cause. I have been on subutex for the last seven months and have found this to be a safe solution for heroin. The only problem is i sniff them. Now im afaid i will lose my script because of sniffing my meds. I have tried getting off opiates but have learned i will always need them. With the subutex it get rid of my pain and dont go over my daily amount prescribed.Now the 54000 dollar question is will my doctor know that im sniffing them opposed to putting them under my tongue? I really dont want to go back to the "H" i find the subutex far safer.

Sorry im an idiot i dont know how to take this post down i am sorry and wont post again

Ok.....this is a great question and you worded it as to not ask anything about drug testing.

First off..........congrats for getting off street drugs. Good for you.

To answer your ? If it helps you to stay off street drugs and you are snorting your subutex instead of taking it orally that's fine. Do what you gotta do. I think what you want to know is if the Dr will know you are snorting them. No he won't. He is just making sure you have it in your urine and you aren't selling them or abusing them.

Lets say you were prescribed 4 mgs per day. But you were taking 24 mgs per day. Well.........they might be able to tell because your levels would be so high. But if you are just taking daily what you are prescribed and not abusing it they really can't tell how you are putting it in your body. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! Ive been so worried and have been told that levels can show that it is being abused and that using it as prescribed 30% is absorbed whilst sniffing 48% is absorbed so with that i thought more would be in my system with sniffing flagging me to lose my script. Thank you once again good by heroin can't say it was fun

You’ve gotta remember everyone is different so the discrepancy between snorted bioavailability and sublingual could be explained away simply by individual differences. But as @Nurse Ratched said, they looking more for the people that are prescribed 16-24mg and have little to none in their system, that means they’re actively using still and not adhering to the program.

I second the notion you’ll be fine.

-GC

Thank you again i am prescribed 8mg 3x a day and thats all i use so as long as i dont go over my prescribed daily amount i should be fine thank you guys so much

I believe you are getting your substances mixed up. There is no naltrexone in Suboxone. Suboxone is a drug based on two substances, one being buprenorphine, and the other being naloxone (aka narcan). Naltrexone is a completely different substance... or are you saying that you were on naltrexone as well? No doctor in their right mind would prescribe Suboxone and naltrexone together.

I'm a little confused I guess, but you had been taking suboxone for 7 months before having any problems at all?

There is no way for your doctor to tell whether you were snorting something or not unless you volunteer that information, or for example had done so much damage to your nose that it was noticeable, which isn't likely.

I started with suboxone then had a allergic reaction then was given subutex. I was in rehab for the last 7 months. I cuffed my subutex and snorted it in my room. Now im out of rehab and just started outpatient rehabilitation and now subjected to urine test to detect illegal drugs. My councilor said they would also be checking my subutex level in my system and mentioned that it would tell them if i was abusing medication. Never have i dealt with being monitored i assumed that absorption rate of sniffing was greater than oral hence they would know of my abuse.

I started with suboxone then had a allergic reaction then was given subutex. I was in rehab for the last 7 months. I cuffed my subutex and snorted it in my room. Now im out of rehab and just started outpatient rehabilitation and now subjected to urine test to detect illegal drugs. My councilor said they would also be checking my subutex level in my system and mentioned that it would tell them if i was abusing medication. Never have i dealt with being monitored i assumed that absorption rate of sniffing was greater than oral hence they would know of my abuse.
Ah, I see. Interesting I didn't consider that. I don't know much about how those levels work or what kind of test that would be. I mean snorting does have a greater bioavailability, so that would make sense, but I can't really advise any further, as drug testing questions aren't in our purview on this forum. I'll say that I've never been subject to anything beyond a standard urine screen where it's either positive or negative.