• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Long question about a few downers....

Sir_psycho

Bluelighter
Hi, Assume that the person has NO tolerance to each of the following substance when you reply to the questions.

1) At how many mg does diazepam produce significant respiratory depression? (without Oding)

2) Which barbiturate causes significant respiratory depression at regular dosage? I need one with a half life NOT less than 1 hour

3) Are there any benzos that won't displaced from the bz binding site by Flumazenil?

4) Will EtOH and barbs potentiate each other or just compete to bind with the receptor?

5) WHich one is more euphoric? Heroin or fentanyl? (assume that they are pharmaceutical grade)

6) What is the regular dose of snorted heroin for someone without tolerance?

7) Which route of administration provides the longest duration of action for heroin and fentanyl?

Thanks

I can't really help with much, but I thought I'd let you know that nobody is going to be able to tell you a regular dose of heroin. Given the fact that heroin is a street drug that varies very widely in potency/purity, the effects of 100mg from one source could be the same as 200mg from another source.

I figured I would answer what I could.

1 > even a couple times the recommended dose on a prescription of benzodiazepines can cause significant respiratory depression. Take xanax for example (since I'm more familar) the typical dose is .5 to 1 mg. (sometimes 2 mg) If you were to take around 4 or more mg, it could cause significant respiratory depression (ESPECIALLY when mixed with alcohol or opiates).

5 > I don't find much euphoria in fentanyl whatsoever. I find heroin to be more euphoric, but it is less strong.

6 > regular dose for me when I started without a tolerance was around .1 to .2 of a gram, depending on quality. Once I had a tolerance I could snort a gram in one line.

7 > Snorting for me is the longest duration, but it takes more than IV would, but I think it lasts longer. Oral availability of heroin is pretty useless.

Oh and one of the reasons I also dislike fentanyl is it seems the high only lasts an hour or two, needing for redosing while heroin has a longer half life.