Living with memory problems.

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
So because many of my blood tests came back low, iron, copper, protein, calcium, or because I was hit by a car four years ago crossing the street or because I've been sober the longest ever at a year and a half or maybe when my heart stopped and I had to be shocked back alive. Maybe bath salts did it? It's sometimes terrifying, I get this feeling like I might forget who I am or instead of what I suffer with my short term memory loss I might get long term memory loss. I can work im a waiter and I have done it my entire life so I guess I can't forget. But other things like normal everyday things escape me. It's like I smoked weed but I didn't. It's like I waste three trips into the kitchen every time forgetting a to get a soda and that when I get scared and frustrated. I am in the middle of tests to see if it's from the accident. I did have brain swelling and in terrified I really am it's going to get worse. In fact right now I spend a lot of time hiding my memory loss from my parents and family. I dunno it happens so much in used to it but if I could go back to normal I would go back to church. Really. I take everything required to live, I follow all my doctor's orders and I'm going to stay sober. But I'm too weak to work out or I'm very lazy or I think I just keep forgetting everything. Like I think I even eat then forget so I eat again. I had gastric bypass so I don't basic weight just because I eat more. But we're I a normal person I think I would be eating way too much. I dunno this might be a little scattered I just want to say it's hard having memory loss, and I feel for old people.

Moved your post from The Lounge to The Dark Side mate. You'll get better responses here.

So because many of my blood tests came back low, iron, copper, protein, calcium, or because I was hit by a car four years ago crossing the street or because I've been sober the longest ever at a year and a half or maybe when my heart stopped and I had to be shocked back alive. Maybe bath salts did it? It's sometimes terrifying, I get this feeling like I might forget who I am or instead of what I suffer with my short term memory loss I might get long term memory loss. I can work im a waiter and I have done it my entire life so I guess I can't forget. But other things like normal everyday things escape me. It's like I smoked weed but I didn't. It's like I waste three trips into the kitchen every time forgetting a to get a soda and that when I get scared and frustrated. I am in the middle of tests to see if it's from the accident. I did have brain swelling and in terrified I really am it's going to get worse. In fact right now I spend a lot of time hiding my memory loss from my parents and family. I dunno it happens so much in used to it but if I could go back to normal I would go back to church. Really. I take everything required to live, I follow all my doctor's orders and I'm going to stay sober. But I'm too weak to work out or I'm very lazy or I think I just keep forgetting everything. Like I think I even eat then forget so I eat again. I had gastric bypass so I don't basic weight just because I eat more. But we're I a normal person I think I would be eating way too much. I dunno this might be a little scattered I just want to say it's hard having memory loss, and I feel for old people.
If you can afford it I would strongly suggest you see a psychiatrist or neurologist about this.
Did you have a head injury from the car accident? Did you notice any memory problems then? Or has it been more recently that you noticed the problems?
It could be a combination of the car accident, drug abuse, aging. Who knows. Have you spoken to your regular doctor about this?