• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lithium orotate?

Wolfmans_BrothEr

Bluelighter
A friend recommended this for anxiety/mood swings. It has great reviews online, but I'm usually weary of the effectiveness of otc meds. I'm an ex opiate user who now uses kratom, and will get anxious between doses (from the moderate kratom wd), usually when I'm waiting for a new shipment.

Has anyone had any experience with this for anxiety, specifically from moderate opiate w.d?

Lithium is not something you want to take, trust me. Do not use it even when prescribed it can be dangerous

Lithium carbonate does carry some risks to those taking it as prescribed. Lithium orotate, as a supplement purportedly contains a small amount of lithium. This stuff hasn't been fully tested for safety yet, so I would be leery in taking it as well.

I've used both orotate and carbonate forms . I don't know if the carbonate played any roll in the ease at the end of my taper and jump from methadone, though it may have. The orotate did little aside from once or twice making me drowsy though I didn't take it long, because it also increased irritability. I think it's mainly used in orotate form as a neuroprotective agent. As others have pointed out, lithium is a tricky drug with a very fine line between therapeutic and toxic which can vary with something as minor seeming as water intake. In withdrawal it's relatively easy to become dehydrated, and lithium toxicity on top of it could easily send someone to the hospital. The orotate might be more benign than the carbonate, though I wouldn't suggest risking it in acute withdrawal.

>ex-opiate user
>kratom user

(pick one)
ha lol jk but for real if you're wary of OTC meds why on earth would you take something as nasty as lithium? its bad news mate, so much so that i would recommend diazepam before lithiumm it really is a last resort

Trust me, I'd much rather take a pharmaceutical or something stronger, I just can't get my hands on it...

DNM's? but honestly if you neeed lithium by all means take it, but taking it for anxiety it like killing a spider with a shotgun/