• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Literally Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Psychedelics and the State of Scientific Research into Them (the 2016 version)

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Although this review was published in 2016 I have not seen a more complete summary of EVERYTHING science thinks it knows about psychedelics and their positive potential. It's not behind a paywall to so accessable to everyone. Many people where will know a lot of what is included already, but as a starter/primer on the science of psychedelics, their mechanisms of action, and the direction of research into their potential it seems pretty useful.

@Cream Gravy? @Transform @Vastness @xorkorth: unless there is anything more recent and comprehensive is this maybe worth a pin? People could then post more recent updates that validate or disprove it's key conclusions in the areas that interes them?

Dr. David Nichols is just about the most prominent of psychedelic scientists at the moment, looks good.

I prefer this: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/forums/psychedelic-medicine.278/

Especially since a lot has been studied in the past 5 years.
There’s good stuff in there but 50 million articles from a combination of peer-reviewed and edgy new-age and general news publications treated with equal weight in a thousand threads edited and controlled by one individual with no discussion or debate is a pretty daunting starting point for a relative newcomer to understand the science of psychadelics.

I was proposing the originally posted article as an ideal single article to quickly educate oneself on the essential parameters of psychedelic science. Then you’d be well-prepared for understanding individual papers about specific and more focussed research topics that have been published in the last 5 years.

It was just a thought and a share. People better educated than me can judge whether my suggestion was worthwhile.

There’s good stuff in there but 50 million articles from a combination of peer-reviewed and edgy new-age and general news publications treated with equal weight in a thousand threads edited and controlled by one individual with no discussion or debate is a pretty daunting starting point for a relative newcomer to understand the science of psychadelics.

I was proposing the originally posted article as an ideal single article to quickly educate oneself on the essential parameters of psychedelic science. Then you’d be well-prepared for understanding individual papers about specific and more focussed research topics that have been published in the last 5 years.

It was just a thought and a share. People better educated than me can judge whether my suggestion was worthwhile.
50 million? Hyperbole much? A thousand threads?

They are threads. You can discuss them/debate them if you like, and some people do. It's the opposite of daunting to me. It's very accessible and in an organized format. The article you posted was, on the contrary, daunting to me. To each his own, but the link you posted was a lot harder to sift through. For the common layperson, I'm sticking with my bluelight link.

Hyperbole much?
Nailed me. Nicely done. I must have tried to Mod a dozen people off on a rant in the last year that I encouraged to sit down and shut up for a bit by accusing them of being unhelpfully, irrationally, or just irritatingly “hyperbolic”.

It’s always good when the goose and gander get the same treatment!

👍