Technical Problem Listen, yo... : D

TinyPinkMermaid

Bluelighter
Aside from messages, is there a way to see if someone has commented on your thread or quoted you to reply to you? Maybe similar to a FB notification, so I don't have to scroll through my Profile and remember how many comments were on each post just to see if I have a response? Because I can't find anywhere that shows when people respond to me, only things I've posted. This site is a bit confusing for me, I apologize for asking so many questions. :?

Last edited:
Thread tools (right hand side near the top and subscribe :)
Awesome! Thank you so much!

No one seems to be answering much of my Q's, probably because I'm a new member and there seems to be a bit of a stigma about that around here, :pso, yeah! I really appreciate it!

Last edited:
bearlove answered your question just an hour and 40 minutes after you posted it. as far as i can tell every single question you've asked in support has received a response.

there's no stigma associated with asking questions - that's how we learn. but consider that maybe you're not the first person to ask a question?

alasdair

bearlove answered your question just an hour and 40 minutes after you posted it. as far as i can tell every single question you've asked in support has received a response.

there's no stigma associated with asking questions - that's how we learn. but consider that maybe you're not the first person to ask a question?

alasdair
I have used Bluelight many times without signing up and knew about the check the fucking search engine thing. However, when I first signed up for this site very recently, it said the rules have changed- no more searching forever to find if someone answered a post, but that Bluelight is now encouaging people to start their own threads insead of teadiously searching through. You seem to be targeting me? I apologize for not being completely knowledgable on my 2ndish day of membership about the way things work on this site yet.

Last edited:
"Greetings BDD Contributors!

The role of the Basic Drug Discussion forum at Bluelight has changed a lot over the years. It has seen periods of lawless mayhem, strict military discipline, and pretty much everything in between. Throughout it all though BDD has been the first stop for members, both new and old, when they have questions about the safe use of drugs. The current BDD mod team has embraced this designation as Bluelight's biggest, busiest, and primary drug forum, and we've taken some steps to ensure we can continue helping the largest number of people as effectively as possible. We would like to take this opportunity to communicate to you our vision of BDD.

For the past few months BDD has been steadily retooled into what we call a Question & Answer Forum. In order to efficiently handle the large volume of questions that the forum receives every day as well as give each user as individualized and thorough an answer as possible, BDD is now encouraging each and every person with a question start their own thread. That's right, you read that correctly. In a departure from the method of pretty much every forum on Bluelight which asks that you spend hours searching for the perfect correct thread to post your question in, we encourage you to make your own."

-
I truly do apologize if being showed up offended you so badly that you felt you needed to resort to talking like a child. Here, I'll go sit in time out somewhere else so that you don't have to... <3

Last edited by a moderator:
hey everyone. i've cleaned up the banter and unnecessary comments from this thread. i would like us all to treat each other with understanding, and respect. thank you.

I truly do apologize if being showed up offended you so badly that you felt you needed to resort to talking like a child. Here, I'll go sit in time out somewhere else so that you don't have to... <3

while his comment was excessive and we'd like you to be a part of the community. i'll give you a small tip. if you'd like people be receptive of your questions, and have them welcome you with open arms. try to begin with an icon other than the middle finger in your thread title.

Last edited:
hey everyone. i've cleaned up the banter and unnecessary comments from this thread. i would like us all to treat each other with understanding, and respect. thank you.

while his comment was excessive and we'd like you to be a part of the community. i'll give you a small tip. if you'd like people be receptive of your questions, and have them welcome you with open arms. try to begin with an icon other than the middle finger in your thread title.

I thought it was a pointer finger pointing at my avatar lol

lol. no, it's not. but i could see how it can be mistaken as such ;) anyways, welcome to bluelight, and we're very delighted to have you here. if you have any questions, please use the support forum at your disposal. or, you can always pm me, or any other staff or senior staff member.

best of luck, and enjoy your stay.

Last edited:
"Greetings BDD Contributors!

The role of the Basic Drug Discussion forum at Bluelight has changed a lot over the years. It has seen periods of lawless mayhem, strict military discipline, and pretty much everything in between. Throughout it all though BDD has been the first stop for members, both new and old, when they have questions about the safe use of drugs. The current BDD mod team has embraced this designation as Bluelight's biggest, busiest, and primary drug forum, and we've taken some steps to ensure we can continue helping the largest number of people as effectively as possible. We would like to take this opportunity to communicate to you our vision of BDD.

For the past few months BDD has been steadily retooled into what we call a Question & Answer Forum. In order to efficiently handle the large volume of questions that the forum receives every day as well as give each user as individualized and thorough an answer as possible, BDD is now encouraging each and every person with a question start their own thread. That's right, you read that correctly. In a departure from the method of pretty much every forum on Bluelight which asks that you spend hours searching for the perfect correct thread to post your question in, we encourage you to make your own."

-
wow. more sarcastic attitude. classy.

the excerpt you posted applies to the bdd forum only, not the support forum nor, indeed, any other forum.

assuming that the rules in one bl forum apply evenly in every other forum is incorrect but it's certainly the type of assumption that a new member who comes crashing in, insulting people and thinks they know everything could be forgiven for making.

i'm not sure how i've been "showed up" but if telling yourself that makes you feel better, knock yourself out.

alasdair

wow. more sarcastic attitude. classy.

i'm not sure how i've been "showed up" but if telling yourself that makes you feel better, knock yourself out.

alasdair

Did you not see anything Pasha said? Stop being a [abuse will not be tolerated]

It's like post #8 and post #10 never happened!
15.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
With Love

Excuse my language, I'll rephrase:
Stop being a barbarian and please be quiet. =D

With Love,
Mermaid