• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants lisodexamfetamine

boppotastic

Greenlighter
Hi there, be nice I'm new!

I rarely touch class A substances, vape weed here and there, don't get on with opioids, and on the rare ( I mean every few years) occasions I partake, it'll be with friends in bars. I don't want to mong out or get stuck in the toilet for eternity, but want to relax, have a positive lift in my mood and libido, lose some social anxiety have a good dance and not tell everyone I love them etc....

I've got this lisdexamfetamine which is great, but if I'm drinking alcohol for hours not sure that's a good mix.

I want a safe cocktail that'll meet my needs and not punish me too harshly.

Can the amphetamine help, or if I should look elsewhere, I'm all ears! No MDMA though, too strong for this occasion!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Boppotastic

Well YMMV but when I used to have Dexedrine on script drinking Booze never was a problem. It did two things balance the high, upper/ downer. But i would also drink less.

No clue why I drink less while on Dexedrine. But when I started just drinking everything went downhill, no limits. And it also felt way less nice. Like it was actually destroying my body.

Thanks, that's what I want to avoid. Also the amphetamine makes me gurn a bit and blink and other weird shit - anyway of relaxing through this and taking the edge off it? Also should I dose on an empty stomach?

Honestly, amphetamines and alcohol isn't that bad IF you're going to mix alcohol and stimulants. It's FAR (like, you can't even compare it) less dangerous than cocaine and alcohol.

If you're having the symptoms you describe with amphetamines, it's because you're taking too much. I'd always take it on an empty stomach, mostly because even the sight or THOUGHT of food makes me wanna puke when on amphetamines.

Well YMMV but when I used to have Dexedrine on script drinking Booze never was a problem. It did two things balance the high, upper/ downer. But i would also drink less.

No clue why I drink less while on Dexedrine. But when I started just drinking everything went downhill, no limits. And it also felt way less nice. Like it was actually destroying my body.

YES to booze being the worst.
I've been addicted to many hard drugs: morphine, heroin, fentanyl, amphetamines, barbiturates and all of them combined have caused not even 1% of the damage - physically, mentally, with interpersonal relationships, homelessness, etc - than alcohol did.

Dexedrine also causes a larger release of dopamine than alcohol, so maybe when you're taking it the dopamine - ie, pleasure - from alcohol feels diminished and less noticeable so it's less enjoyable or tempting for you?

Amphetamines and alcohol are a fairly popular combo in the college scene. It's not outright dangerous when used together sparingly. They mainly combine them just so they can party for longer.

The main danger is the amphetamine masking how drunk you are, which can lead to excessive drinking, dangerous behavior and epic hangovers.

Just be cognizant of how much you drink and don't drink more than you usually would just because you don't feel that drunk.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the combo as they sort of cancel each other out, and the hangovers can be bad. You might still be awake when the alcohol wears off and you'll feel poopy.

Thanks for your help all. I feel confident now I'm not going to end up a complete mess!

Any other combos you guys can think of for the effect I'm after?

My main problem personally is amphetamine makes me thirsty. I don't mean like "o my mouth is dry I better drink some water". Like it feels like (I have no science to back this up) the pleasurable value of liquids is greatly increased. So, if I was around a bunch of alcohol instead of water and diet drinks I could see myself drinking myself into a bad spot.

This could be a just me thing. I heard of polydipsia and hyponatremia but my sodium levels are fine.