View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Liquid vial of 1P-LSD

justme6263

Bluelighter
Hi everyone, I have a quick question on the correct method of laying the liquid onto blotter paper.

A friend of mine bought a vial of liquid 1P-LSD, I've inherited it from him as he has moved to the USA and gave it me as something of a parting gift. Let's cut to the chase. He tells me that there is 100 tabs worth (at 100 ug each dose) of liquid in the bottle (unopened) with each drop being an approximate dose of 50ug. I want to lay it onto blotter paper but I'm not sure of the correct method...

I would like each tab to ideally be a dose of around 200ug. I was told that to achieve this I need to empty the content of the bottle into a pirex dish, get a strip of 50 blotter tabs and allow them to soak up the liquid in the dish and then allow them to dry. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Your better off using a syringe for liquid measurement. Measure the entire contents of the vial, and divide by 50. Then you'll know the amount of liquid needed for each tab. If you put it into a pan and throw some blotter in, it might not soak everything up. Then your left with residue at the bottom of the pan.

Your better off using a syringe for liquid measurement. Measure the entire contents of the vial, and divide by 50. Then you'll know the amount of liquid needed for each tab. If you put it into a pan and throw some blotter in, it might not soak everything up. Then your left with residue at the bottom of the pan.
Yeah I didn't think of that, it seems like so much effort to go through syringing each individual tab. Cheers for the advice.

The "soak up the liquid in the dish" method could be dangerous because the 1-P-LSD will become unevenly distributed and I'm sure you'll have residue left at the bottom of the pan too, as testofsanity said. Not that 1-p-lsd is really dangerous, I'm sure it's not - not even in big doses, but I reckon you'd like your blotters to hold approxemately the same dose, right.

I think it's very common for people to underestimate the amount of liquid a blotter can hold. You can actually test it, by putting a single drop unto one of the blotters you were going to use, and I'm sure that you will find that it propably won't even be able to hold even one single drop. I mean, ideally the blotter should soak all of the drop at once. Otherwise it will be the drop evaporating off, on and around the blotter, leaving a large part of the 1-p around and on the surface of the blotter, instead of inside it.

Just keep it in the bottle, it's easiest, and I think it will last you a year or two stored in the fridge. Maybe longer, but I wouldn't count on it. Depends on the solvent too, I assume. (For stability acetonitrile is probably best. second would be deionized water or ethanol. worst would be tapwater.) I don't know if freezing it in the freezer is a good idea, but I don't think so. The fridge is probably better. And keep out of sunlight and all that (and out of reach of children ;) ).

Anyway, if you don't want to bring the bottle with you when going out, you could always make crude blotters. You know, like taking a piece of folded joint paper or something and but a drop on it, and when it's dry you can fold it up and take it with you, and when you'd want to trip you just swallow it. It would work like a blotter, it just wouldn't be as elegant, small and good looking ;)

Cheers for the reply.

I really do need to lay it onto some blotter so I think I will go with the syringe idea, I imagine it wil take a while though.

Cheers for the reply.

I really do need to lay it onto some blotter so I think I will go with the syringe idea, I imagine it wil take a while though.

Then you need to buy a micropipette, or it's going to be a mess. How much liquid does the smallest syringe hold do, you think? Either you didn't read my post, or you don't believe me....But never mind.

You should do some testing, and you will see that a blotter doesn't hold much more than 25 uL - and that's less than a drop. You could evaporate some of the liquid off....but....hmmm. try, see how it goes.

And yeah, sugarcubes can actually hold the whole volume of a single drop.

Good luck :)

Then you need to buy a micropipette, or it's going to be a mess. How much liquid does the smallest syringe hold do, you think? Either you didn't read my post, or you don't believe me....But never mind.

You should do some testing, and you will see that a blotter doesn't hold much more than 25 uL - and that's less than a drop. You could evaporate some of the liquid off....but....hmmm. try, see how it goes.

No I wasn't being dismissive, I apologise if it appeared that way. It was more me being quite set on transferring from the bottle onto a blotter sheet, although if it is going to result in quite an amount of waste because the paper isn't absorbent enough then I'll not go down that road. I think I will try the sugar cube suggestion.

Thanks for the advice, it is appreciated.

They certainly do make microliter syrings that can be used as in the range as low as 0.5uL, they're quite common for usage in gas chromatography instruments

They certainly do make microliter syrings that can be used as in the range as low as 0.5uL, they're quite common for usage in gas chromatography instruments

Yes, I know. They're called a hamilton syringe. But they're quite a lot more expensive than a micropipette. I think they cost like 600 usd/400 pounds. Anyway, 0.5 uL is such a small amount that it's not even visible, or if it's a solvent like acetone/ethanol/methanol/2-propanol it will evaporate as soon as it get's out of the needle. You'll never even see it :)

I actually bought a 20-200 uL micropipette on ebay once, from china. It cost me like 75 usd/50 pounds. It was the very cheapest discount one I could find, and it's just recently that I learned how to calibrate it. It did work fine though.

No I wasn't being dismissive, I apologise if it appeared that way.

No worries. It didn't :)

Last edited:
Buy a .5 ml syringe, blunted needle tip works best. Roughly 2 drops=.1ml
Why do blotters then? You could just about put it on anything!
Halls cough drops work quite well because they have a nice indention that pools the ethanol while it evaporates. Much less conspicuous too. Or you could just drop it onto a sheet of the proper paper, maybe add blue food coloring so you can cut off the excess. I know someone who does this with raw brand rolling papers and benzos, works like a charm. ALSO before you drop your whole batch on anything test it first (drop one solid trip onto the medium, let it dry, then eat). It would suck to waste it.

Cheers for the advice. I think I am going to give the sugar cube suggestion a try first and see how that goes, how lon could I expect it to last on a sugar cube before it starts to degrade? Silly question as I'm not going to drop it into a sugar cube and leave it laying around for months, just more out of interest than anything.

Definitely going to invest in a micro pipette.

Pretty sure that bottle contains a acetonitrile instead of ethanol as a solvent. If I am correct they were sold from the main distributor and still are and contain 200 drops 50 micrograms a drop.
So I have no idea I'f you would go about laying blotters with acetonitrile instead of ethanol or other spirit based liquids.

Pretty sure that bottle contains a acetonitrile instead of ethanol as a solvent. If I am correct they were sold from the main distributor and still are and contain 200 drops 50 micrograms a drop.
So I have no idea I'f you would go about laying blotters with acetonitrile instead of ethanol or other spirit based liquids.
Ah okay, would it be active still though I I did lay it into some cubes?

Yes, the LSD will still stay active dropped onto sugar cubes. Acetonitrile and/or ethanol as the carrier solvent shouldn't cause any degradation issues unless the solvent is strong enough to melt the sugar cube. And sugar cubes should last just as long as blotter papers, so long as its stored away from UV light, heat, & moisture then they should retain potency for a year or more.

Okay that's great. Thanks to everyone for the replies and advice, it is much appreciated.

the sugar cube method works pretty well and is way easier than laying blotter. I wouldn't keep a sugar cube for more than a day or two, but why would you need to anyway?

Any candy works! I prefer candy to sugar cubes bevease I find eatimg a sugar cube to be gross. I use to use rips gummy cansy alot because they are flat so you can add a drop and lay it to dry really easy. Sweet tarts would taste better than cough drops I would imaginem