• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Liquid Methodone How is it measured?

LadyKat

Greenlighter
I have been on bupe or subs for a few years now. They work for me. I had a problem with insurance however where they are not covered and very expensive. Long story short I ended up with some “methodone” it seems shady to me. It is almost clear with a blueish tint to it, it was in a medicine syringe like one you use to give your baby Tylenol it measured up to 3.0 but the person who Gave it to me is saying it is 60 mg. Please confirm my suspicious that this is fishy.

I have been on bupe or subs for a few years now. They work for me. I had a problem with insurance however where they are not covered and very expensive. Long story short I ended up with some “methodone” it seems shady to me. It is almost clear with a blueish tint to it, it was in a medicine syringe like one you use to give your baby Tylenol it measured up to 3.0 but the person who Gave it to me is saying it is 60 mg. Please confirm my suspicious that this is fishy.
I don't know anything about this stuff, but there is no way I would take any mystery liquid substance given to me in a baby's tylenol syringe.

Are they trying to have you pay for this?

I have found something on Google that is stating that liquid methadone is 10 MG per ML. You have 3 ML and that should be 30 MG.

Throw this crap in the garbage. It isn't worth the risk.

"METHADOSE™ Sugar-Free Oral Concentrate (methadone hydrochloride oral concentrate USP) is a dye-free, sugar-free, unflavored liquid concentrate of methadone hydrochloride for oral administration. Each liquid concentrate contains 10 mg of methadone hydrochloride per mL."

I agree this is pretty shady. If you don't trust this person I would avoid using this. For all you know it could be HEP C / HIV infected from IV use and it could be floating in that liquid.

Of course that is an extreme, but when I obtain drugs from strangers I always try to exhaust all avenues and not take any risk, no matter how unlikely.

Like someone handing me a "clean needle" . Unless I've slept in your house or have known you 10 years I won't accept things of this nature.

Keif' Richard's Ole' Fashioned Guide to Buying Liquid Methadone

It is almost universal i.e. perhaps it is done differently in Uzbekistan, for Methadone liquid to be dispensed in a sealed container from the clinic. Different clinics have different methods, but you're typically going to see a medicine bottle with a heat-sealed, tamper-evident top.

By law, the clinic must be able to determine if you have abused your medication. The only time you break that seal is when it is time for you to consume that dose.

Clinics will call people randomly to have them report with their bottles for inspection. If anything is amiss or the seal is broken, you won't be getting any take home Methadone for a while. You would then be reporting every morning for your dose until you are reinstated.

So, it is a pretty well-known rule, that for someone to sell you authentic Methadone, it would have to come with the seal still intact. These heat seals are difficult to replicate without the proper equipment.

So when I go and buy a bottle of Methadone, I inspect the seal, the color and the taste. This gives you some fairly good insurance against bullshit, but it is not perfect.

You receive each dose in it's own bottle for each day. There shouldn't be a good reason for a maintenance patient to just have some lying around in a syringe.

Most often, I've found that when people use alternate containers, they aren't completely ripping you off, but they usually are trying to sell you a significantly diluted tincture.

Methadone tincture is typically dispensed as a 10mg per Ml ratio. Some places like the UK for instance, tend to use 1mg to 1ml solutions, but in the states, the former is almost always the case.

Does this answer most of your questions?

Okay I am a bit late to this thread, and I cannot tell you what is actually inside that syringe, but I do know for sure that in some parts of the world methadone is dispensed in such forms.

For example, this Macedonian pharma company sell methadone in 10ml oral drops:

W6yFWAF.png

Depending on what country you are in, OP, it could very well be that methadone is dispensed in such a way in your part of the world too.

If you are in a country like the US or UK then nah, it'll be dispensed in the way @Keif' Richards describes above.

But if you are somewhere in Eastern Europe it's possible pharmacies could prescribe it like this.

Again, I am not saying what you have is definitely legit. It is literally impossible for us to know. But I just wanted to add the info that methadone is dispensed in unusual ways in some parts of the world.