• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Liquid Buprenorphine

I have acquired some liquid buprenorphine from the vet for my cat. They are in liquid droppers containing 0.15 cc per dose, and I was wondering what the dosage should be for a human with a minor opiate tolerance (15mg of oxycodone insufflated to get off). I don't want to IV it, but rather just drink it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

I didn't even know you were meant to get high off of bupe. A google search says that it isn't intense typically to get a good high, compared to something like 30mg oxy.

Only Suboxone will put you in withdrawals buprenorphine does not it is been the locks in in the Suboxone that causes withdrawals because it is the medication ambulances and doctors give you when you're pretty much dead from OD on opiates. Buprenorphine has been used for quite a long time for pain management way before is used for addiction

Only Suboxone will put you in withdrawals buprenorphine does not it is been the locks in in the Suboxone that causes withdrawals because it is the medication ambulances and doctors give you when you're pretty much dead from OD on opiates. Buprenorphine has been used for quite a long time for pain management way before is used for addiction
This is untrue. Naloxone is an opiate antagonist which prys opioid compounds from the opiate receptors in the body. Buprenorphine itself is a mixed agonist/antagonist, meaning that it can precipitate withdrawal at receptors that are occupied by other opioid agonists by prying the opioid agonist from the receptor site because of it's massive affinity for the mu opioid receptor producing typical opiate withdrawal syndrome, or if the opiate receptor is not occupied it will bind nicely producing central opioid activity...

my vet has been prescribing buprenorphine for my cats for several years, the dose is .3 to .4mg twice a day depending on the size of the cat being treated, he has it compounded in the liquid form for ease of dosing, i saw in one of the posts about holding under tongue and thats basically what i was told, or inside the lip and gum rather than just ingest it. my search about the drug said it was approximately 60 times more powerful than morphine, i find it hard to believe but then again i have no medical knowledge of drugs. my label also says 0.15mg/ml
there is a lady that runs a forum for people with cats suffering from stomatitis and she has the drug compounded into a paste that she rubs inside her cats ear, i asked my vet about this and he said he preferred prescribing the oral.