• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Liquid Buprenorphine

SLEEPYxDAN

Greenlighter
I have acquired some liquid buprenorphine from the vet for my cat. They are in liquid droppers containing 0.15 cc per dose, and I was wondering what the dosage should be for a human with a minor opiate tolerance (15mg of oxycodone insufflated to get off). I don't want to IV it, but rather just drink it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

It should say how many mgs or mcg in each ml or cc or whatever. .15cc doesn't tell us the dose of bupe. Secondly, I think that you may be better off not taking it. It is really better off for people that are more opiate tolerant than 15mgs of oxycodone. If you do take it though, 1/4 mg would be a good starting dose. After an hour, and 1/4mg if you are not where you want to be. That totals .5mg, which should be enough. It lasts so long that you can add 1/4mg at a time after an hour or so if you aren't where you want to be. I'm not sure you will have that high of a dose though, considering this way for a cat. One more thing, let the solution sit under your tongue, as is is absorbed better this way compared to swallowing it.

If your cat is ill or something, you really shouldn't be drinking its meds :p

If your cat is ill or something, you really shouldn't be drinking its meds :p

I highly, highly doubt a cat is getting scripted bupe. Cats aren't junkies. I think he meant he got it from that very non-guarded, out in the open room with all of the drugs, some of which I assume are regular meds, and others anaesthetics. I couldn't believe it when I saw it, but I actually just did see this other room at the animal hospital. If my grandfather wouldn't have been in the room, I could have gotten away with more than I should have. Literally there were no video cams, and the vet and tech just sort of left us see the dog. It was weird.

Bupe is given out quite a lot as a pain medication/sedation for animals actually (look it up, my mate works as a vet nurse too so I got some info via that). I think it's because it is quite hard to OD on it, means you don't have to calculate doses based on weight/metabolism/genetics etc. every time.

Bupe is given out quite a lot as a pain medication/sedation for animals actually (look it up, my mate works as a vet nurse too so I got some info via that). I think it's because it is quite hard to OD on it, means you don't have to calculate doses based on weight/metabolism/genetics etc. every time.

I could believe it being used in the animal hospital as an analgesic or anaesthetic, but didn't know it was scripted for outpatient pain control. My dog only gets trams, well we share them. They wouldn't script her anything stronger after her knee surgery even when we reported her crying (she never cries, so she was really in pain). But, I will say they have no trouble handing out those trams, right at the vet sight on scene as many as requested.

Really? Haven't heard of tram being used in animals.

Either way, OP, if your cat is in pain, don't take its meds =D

my 2 cats got bupe liquid also from getting spay/neutered and there is about .5ml left,btw they are fine, they dont need it anymore. the bottle says .3mg/.1ml so im guessing its about 1.5mg left. It comes in a little tube that snaps and a syringe. It said to give the cats .1ml per dose.

Anyways like the OP asked is this effective for a human? I am scripted 30mg oxycodone x4 daily but running dry. Would this negate or potentiate the effects of the oxycodone?

Tramadol and buprenorphine are both commonly used as analgesics by vets. I'm going to edit the title of this thread (we have a no sourcing rule - and while you acquired the buprenorphine legally, you are technically using it illegally, and that's not something I want to advertise as openly as having it as the title of the thread. OP, PM me if you have any questions about this).

Combining bupe with other opiates will cancel out their effect, plus taking any other opiates (like your oxy) won't be nearly as effective if you do it within about 48 hours of taking bupe.

With your tolerance you probably won't get anything recreational off it. Save it for when you're really running low on the oxy to stave off WDs.

Anybody that uses opiates that plans to use buprenorphine has to take into consideration their use of other opiates before and after the buprenorphine.

If you take buprenorphine too soon after taking another opiate, you can go into precipitated withdrawals which are pretty horrible. If you plan on taking another opiate after taking buprenorphine, the bupe will block it, so you have to wait a day or so, depending on the dose. You cannot combine buprenorphine with other opiates, and generally you want to abstain from using other opiates 36 hours before AND after using buprenorphine.

You can make a nasal spray out of this as it is potent enough.

Alway remember you don't need a lot of this to feel better.

The droppers came in a bag which was labeled "buprenorphine Quantity: 1.44", and contained six droppers with 0.15cc. It states nothing about mg or mcgs. I was thinking that maybe the 1.44 is the mg diluted into the six droppers, which would be 0.24 mg a dropper. It also says that the cat can take two droppers a day, and from what has been posted so far, that would be a strong dose for a kitty cat if it indeed was 0.24 mg a dropper.

Also, my cat doesn't need it anymore, he has recovered from his neuterization.

^Perhaps he still needs it for emotional problems stemming from his "neuterization".

... just a thought.

Drugs aren't a good way to treat emotional problems. I think you just need to sit down and have a good long talk with him.

Drugs aren't a good way to treat emotional problems. I think you just need to sit down and have a good long talk with him.

^ This. CBT, along with a healthy diet and exercise would be a better option for the cat. This will help with any dekittinization it may be feeling.

Oh, whatever you guys. You try getting your nuts cut off and find out what you want more - a nice shot or a nice talk.

Well, I took three of the droppers and only felt slight euphoria, slight numbness, and body temperature increase. I kind of expected a little more. I might as well have given them to my cat.

Cats actually are prescribed Buprenex quite frequently. My cat had a saddle thrombus and was in severe pain unable to use his back legs. First thing I was give to inject was heparin, and the. .5ml of buprenex every 6 to 8 hours. I was given 5 more to use as needed. Animals metabolize differently than we do. The also don't go through dt's like people. At least that I've experienced as a vet tech and the owner of 3 dogs and 2 cats.