• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lingo terminology

TexUSA

Bluelighter
I'm a newbie & I'd like some clarification on some of the terminology I'm seeing. Not sure where to post this so please place it for me.

Some examples are:
BA
ROA
HR
(anything else you think of)...

Thanks. Peace.

BA would more than likely mean 'bioavailability', the amount of a substance, given by a given route of administration (such as my mouth, up the backside (plugged), injected intravenously, intramuscularly, subcutaneously etc). ROA is 'route of administration' BTW, and the BA is the proportion of that drug given by the route of administration which gets to act upon it's bodily intended target without first being destroyed by bodily metabolic processes.

HR-harm reduction.

Another few you might come across:

BBB-blood brain barrier (the fine network of very small, tight junctions between fine blood vessels which serves to separate the peripheral blood supply from the brain, and to bar access to a great many undesirable molecules which ought not to be soaking into our brain matter)

PNS-peripheral nervous system usually, sometimes parasympathetic nervous system, in context.

CNS-central nervous system; namely brain, spinal cord.

UTFSE (common on several sites) 'use the fucking search engine'

Thank you Limpet_Chicken for the GR8 information that I can use as reference. The UTFSE term made me chuckle a bit.

Will this thread stay in the Homeless Thread forum or be moved elsewhere?

(moving to BDD) There ought to be a link in the header at the top of the page called BDD Dictionary.

Trouble is, it's an old .ru link and it doesn't seem to be loading.If there is a definition you need clarified, post here in BDD and someone will help you out.

BDD stands for Basic Drug Discussion =D

IIRC 'UTFSE' originated on The Hive, one of the first if not the first major clandestine chemist's forums. Always did have a funny sense of humor like that, Bees. Good lot though for sure, plenty sheer fucking hilarity on 'the couch' subforum, before the place was eventually taken down, basically the very lightly moderated social section for the world's clandestine chemist types, the ones that just hear the buzzing and it never, ever stops, those for who'm making honey is a calling, rather than just a 'make it, cut it with razorblades and dog shit then sell 5% speed/95% glucose, dog shit and rusty razorblades to little kids for 30 quid a gram or the price of sucking the dick of a toothless hillbilly hick 'cook' in the nearest school playground and who thinks a beer bottle makes for a perfect vessel in which to apply a lot of heat to a mixture of hydriodic acid and red phosphorus, or that to 'shake and bake' Birch reduction of PSE to meth is either sensible, ideal or for that matter; or/and who do a birch in liquefied anhydrous ammonia (this is how that reaction is done, an alkali metal, sodium ideally for PSE, but lithium from battery electrodes is often used for availability reasons) but rather than purifying their feedstock at all, just grind up cold pills and throw them in, the hive wasn't for that kind, but the more intellectual actual clandestine chemists for whom it really is a passion and what we love to do.

The other sort mentioned are not really chemists, but one or two-trick ponies and give a fuck about neither the quality of their product or the health of their customers, or even their lives, just as long as for every customer that drops dead; there is another fresh one to replace the dead one. And who wouldn't think badly for a microsecond about leaving in the pill binders and lithium salts to boost the weight.

And these rotten, damnable sons of whores, they give us a bad name. The defaecate upon the honour and good name of real Bees. Those clandestine chemists for whom it is not just a science, but an art, a true calling, for which some are born. Fucking hate little shits like that. ,