• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lingering opiate withdrawal symptoms, how long?

It's been 5 weeks now and the lingering symptoms disappear. Haven't sneezed at all yesterday, the heat outside was no longer pleasant. Slightly burning skin on my arms is still there but I hardly notice that if I don't focus on it. Still feeling a bit lethargic/sluggish and somewhat unmotivated. Hard to tell whether that is due to lingering withdrawal or due to lack of sound sleep. Sleep is getting better slowly, have slept for 4 hours every a night and sometimes half an hour after lunch. The lunch break with a nap afterwards is really good for me, I am grateful that I can leave work for 2h every day to eat and rest at home. I am always looking forward to having a nap and a nice, freshly brewed cup of freshly ground coffee afterwards. Like an old man, LOL.

I have ordered some 5-HTP, GABA and L-Tyrosine, hoping to be able to replace the morning caffeine boost and my two glasses of red wine in the evening with milder amino acids. Still need the wine to fall asleep in the evening, which probably messes up proper sleep for me. The wine is certainly better than the half bottle of cheap Gin that I was gulping down a few weeks ago to be able to get ANY sleep. Half a bottle of red wine per day is probably okay for my health, but it surely disrupts healthy sleep patterns.