• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Lincoln (2012)

Bill

Bluelight Crew
Lincoln is an upcoming 2012 biographical drama film directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln and Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln. The film is based on Doris Kearns Goodwin's biography of Lincoln, Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln.

DreamWorks has announced that the film "will focus on the political collision of Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War." According to Spielberg, Doris Kearns Goodwin's entire book about Lincoln's presidency is "much too big" for a film, and said that the film will focus on the last few months of Lincoln's life, the ending of slavery and the Union victory in the Civil War.

Also, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in the movie playing Lincoln's son Robert Todd Lincoln and Tommy Lee Jones as Thaddeus Stevens

Knowing Daniel Day Lewis and how much he plunges head first into playing characters, this will be nothing short of incredible imo. I'm very excited for this even though they pretty much just started filming in October as well and not just because I'm a DDL fan boy lol

Discuss

zae06.jpg

This looks interesting to say the least. I've always enjoyed DDL's historical roles and it's directed by Speilberg! I'll be seeing this for sure.

DDL is awesome, one of my favorite actors. Spielburg, though, can be a total hit or complete miss. Hopefully it's the former in this case.

I just hope we don't hear another two hours of John Huston from DDL. It was great and totally appropriate for TWBB, but not a second time, I think. Hopefully he'll do a subtle mixture of British English and Last Mohican-style American drawl.

^I think in the case of Spielberg, his historical works have been consistently great. I would say his (science) fiction has been very hit or miss over the course of his career. Hopefully Lincoln will be another great historical Spielberg film.

let me just say that I've been a lot more interested in this movie since those Daniel Day Lewis-dining-as-Lincoln pictures have surfaced :)

I will give it a good college try, hopefully it doesn't disappoint in the entertainment factor or the historically accurate factor. usually these types of movies can not deliver on these simultaneously

Supposedly, DDL is speaking only in Lincoln's accent, and won't even answer to any name other than Lincoln. I can only hope that amount of effort translates into a worthy performance.

i wonder if he wakes up in character like sasha baron-cohen reportedly does.

as good as this movie may be, I do think it should be better than the Lincoln Lawyer (Redbox MISTAKE)

Spielberg - Lincoln - DDL (not really a fan but respect him): this is about as much as a cant miss hit that will ever be made.

They filmed a good portion of this movie right down the street from where I live in Richmond (no kidding).

Will be interested to see how it turns out. :)