• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Limiting Anxiety on MDMA

Droogs

Bluelighter
I've acquired some reliably pure MDMA, and intend on taking some tomorrow night.

This will be my first time trying it and I'm a little weary.

I suffer a lot from anxiety, and found this is sometimes made more prominent while on stimulants, where-as other times it's completely eradicated. I've taken plenty of Mephedrone and Methylone other the last couple of years, and have had mainly positive experiences as well as a couple of bad anxiety-ridden ones.

What I want to know is what is the best way to restrict anxious thoughts from arising on MDMA? Especially the come-up.

I don't intend on getting blitzed, and would prefer smaller dabs to ease into the experience. I'd much rather a gentle comfortable buzz then a life-changing trip.

Could a small dose of Xanax help? Or maybe getting drunk beforehand?

Thanks

edit; also it's worth noting I've taken 1200mg of piracetam this morning for study purposes, will this contribute to any anxiety?

As long as you aint got speedy beans then you should find yourself very euphoric and relaxed approx 45min after droppin your ecstasy.

In all honesty the best way to eliminate anxiety on any psychedelic substance is to test your product, place yourself in a comfortable setting, and be with close people who are experienced.

Don't take Xanax before or during your roll, it diminishes it. Take it when you start coming down if you think you need it. Don't get drunk either. Alcohol and MDMA don't mix well and can be really dangerous. Also, if you're drunk, you won't roll.

The only time you would have anxiety is when your coming up. Sitting down (not lying down) helps a lot. just stay calm and don't think about it. If you think it will help, have ONE drink on the come up, but don't drink more than that. Once you're rolling, anxiety won't be a problem. As long as you can handle the come up, you'll have a blast.

Well I'm entirely confident of the my source, I never touch any of the shifty pills you get offered in nightclubs around the country and see how messed up people get on pipes.

Is there a consensus on which is the easiest going method of administration? I get the impression small dabs are smoother to come up from then bombs.

Thanks for the response.

the only time i've had anxiety from pure mdma was from extremely pure mdma hcl that was recrystallized from anhydrous IPA and was not a hydrate salt. when it hit, it hit so fast it was ridiculous. it took the normal amount of time for effects to come on but once you felt the tingle, the next moment it literally felt like you were strapped to a rocket. the rush was that hard and fast. there was extreme time dilation for the first few moments of the peak too. the peak launches you up so quickly that you're disoriented for a moment b/c it's so intense. i've only ever experienced that from mdma hcl that was recrystallized as stated. different salts and even same salts of different amount of moles of hydrate can drastically change the come-up due to differing bio-availability. i've never done dmt before and that may still be a big exaggeration but it was seriously intense come-up. my wife waited 40 minutes and still didn't feel anything then she stood up and turned around with a worried look on her face, in that quick of a moment she went from feeling a tiny tingle to being full-on, eyes dilated, rolling hard. it literally feels like you're going up a rollercoaster at a high speed. different salt forms are nuts, i tried the citrate salt once and it was very different than the standard hcl salt. but anyway once you're peaking for 5-10 minutes the anxiety all goes away as your washed over with waves of warmth and euphoria.

sorry i got off topic but anything you take for anxiety is going to dull the experience, especially benzodiazepines. if you're getting anxiety on mdma regularly then something isn't adding up, most likely your goods are adulterated with stims in which case, get better goods.

Don't take Xanax before or during your roll, it diminishes it. Take it when you start coming down if you think you need it. Don't get drunk either. Alcohol and MDMA don't mix well and can be really dangerous. Also, if you're drunk, you won't roll.

The only time you would have anxiety is when your coming up. Sitting down (not lying down) helps a lot. just stay calm and don't think about it. If you think it will help, have ONE drink on the come up, but don't drink more than that. Once you're rolling, anxiety won't be a problem. As long as you can handle the come up, you'll have a blast.

Hmmm, that's interesting since with Mephedrone and Methylone I find alcohol makes them a lot smoother and makes the come-up more bearable. I've never heard of the combo being dangerous before, other than the risks of dehydration. I'm not after the most intense or euphoric experience tbh, like I'm said I'd rather go for a smoother ride to begin with.

Again, thanks for the reply.

sorry i got off topic but anything you take for anxiety is going to dull the experience, especially benzodiazepines. if you're getting anxiety on mdma regularly then something isn't adding up, most likely your goods are adulterated with stims in which case, get better goods.

I'd compromise a lighter experience for the sake of less risk of anxiety, to begin with anyway, I can always take bigger doses another time when I'm more familiar with it.

I've never taken MDMA before, hence my apprehension. The anxiety I've gotten from stims has mostly been from Methylone, however I seem to have no problems with Mephedrone which had an almost anxiolytic effects.

I'd compromise a lighter experience for the sake of less risk of anxiety, to begin with anyway, I can always take bigger doses another time when I'm more familiar with it.

I've never taken MDMA before, hence my apprehension. The anxiety I've gotten from stims has mostly been from Methylone, however I seem to have no problems with Mephedrone which had an almost anxiolytic effects.

oh ok so you've never taken mdma before. i've never taken methylone or mephedrone before but i have loads of experience with the 3 mdxx amphetamines. if you get pure or clean mdma without other stims as adulterants then you won't have any problem. methylone and mephedrone are both speedier than mdma. mephedrone being MUCh speedier. methylone i've read is a weaker 5ht agonist but still a comparable dopamine and norepinephrine agonist. so that would tell me that methylone would be speedier while mdma would be more euphoric and empathic. i've heard quite a few people gripe about methylone's speedy edgy stimulant nature once the euphoric peak wears off. mdma is not like that. when mdma wears off, even high dose mdma, i slowly come down and drift off to sleep - most of the time without even noticing. if you can get pure mdma you'll see just how relaxing it is, for a stimulant - it's almost damn near sedative, as much of a paradox as that sounds. mdma in the wrong set/setting can cause a strange reaction with anxiety on rare occasion but mdma is typically exhibits very strong anxiolytic properties even though it's a stimulant. find some pure mdma and you'll see what i mean :)

Hmmm, that's interesting since with Mephedrone and Methylone I find alcohol makes them a lot smoother and makes the come-up more bearable. I've never heard of the combo being dangerous before, other than the risks of dehydration. I'm not after the most intense or euphoric experience tbh, like I'm said I'd rather go for a smoother ride to begin with.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Well, if your drunk, the MDMA just wont work right, maybe not at all. One or two drinks is fine, just don't get drunk. I've never tried mepherdone or methylone, so I son't know anything about drinking on them, but don't do it, ora atleast not a lot of it, on MDMA.

Thanks guys.

mdma in the wrong set/setting can cause a strange reaction with anxiety on rare occasion but mdma is typically exhibits very strong anxiolytic properties even though it's a stimulant. find some pure mdma and you'll see what i mean :)

Yeah that seems to agree with a lot of read about it, although I have heard a lot of people find the come-up really hard to deal with. But I suppose that's a case of taking too much at once.

I think I'll probably have a few drinks to relax me before hand, then take some bumps to see where it takes me.

Anyone else got anything more to add but I go out tonight? Cheers

Yeah that seems to agree with a lot of read about it, although I have heard a lot of people find the come-up really hard to deal with. But I suppose that's a case of taking too much at once.

the mdma experience itself should not have any anxiety at all, if it does then what you took was adulterated heavily or you are just in a really bad mindspace in which case indulging wouldn't have been a good idea. in my experience, i've taken mdma numerous times while i was very stressed about things such as bills, work, etc, and when it hits i instantly go into a "who cares about bills, work, etc" mindstate with no anxiety.

the anxiety on the come-up is understandable. this is because of one of two things though. either it's just hitting really fast and is leaving you a bit confused for a moment because of such a quick onset or because you're having stomach issues and need to either throw up or do a #2. how fast the mdma hits depends on the contents of your stomach, the pH of your stomach, and also the salt form or even hydrate salt form of the mdma. this means some pills may hit quicker than others but that also depends on the state of your stomach at the time. keep in mind that in both cases (fast onset vs stomach issues) it is temporary and the anxiety dwindles away after only a couple minutes as you level out into the peak. the come-up anxiety, if you even get any, is short-lasting in fact i'd say it's fleeting.

personally i wouldn't snort the mdma if it was your first time. snorting it seems to be a more shallow and speedier mdma experience. just take it orally that way you get the true mdma experience full of empathy and depth, as long as what you have is mdma and you know it then don't beat around the bush, drop the full 100mg or the full pill as long as you know it's mdma (it's been tested)

Are you kidding? The best rolls I've ever had have been when I was completely wasted. But it's not very safe.. Good MDMA should rid you of ANY anxious thoughts, being that it releases such a rush of serotonin that it really stimulates your GABA receptors which will control your anxiety.

Plus you'll just be too happy to be anxious over anything. :D

the only time i've had anxiety from pure mdma was from extremely pure mdma hcl that was recrystallized from anhydrous IPA and was not a hydrate salt. when it hit, it hit so fast it was ridiculous. it took the normal amount of time for effects to come on but once you felt the tingle, the next moment it literally felt like you were strapped to a rocket. the rush was that hard and fast. there was extreme time dilation for the first few moments of the peak too. the peak launches you up so quickly that you're disoriented for a moment b/c it's so intense. i've only ever experienced that from mdma hcl that was recrystallized as stated. different salts and even same salts of different amount of moles of hydrate can drastically change the come-up due to differing bio-availability. i've never done dmt before and that may still be a big exaggeration but it was seriously intense come-up. my wife waited 40 minutes and still didn't feel anything then she stood up and turned around with a worried look on her face, in that quick of a moment she went from feeling a tiny tingle to being full-on, eyes dilated, rolling hard. it literally feels like you're going up a rollercoaster at a high speed. different salt forms are nuts, i tried the citrate salt once and it was very different than the standard hcl salt. but anyway once you're peaking for 5-10 minutes the anxiety all goes away as your washed over with waves of warmth and euphoria.

The exact same experience happened to me- I was doing md for the first time and exactly as you said felt like i'd been strapped to a rocket and i went so hard for 15 minutes then thought i was genuinely going to die :') but yeh for me it really helped to just sit down in a chilled out place with some cool, experienced, unjudgy people because for me its always worse having people around doing the panicing with you, and it passed after about half an hour and i was good

^This is a very old post, but yes, this happens and is actually a very common part of the MDMA experience. It's actually my favourite part and personally never really makes me anxious, but I can see why it might make people feel that way. IME anything much more than your standard come up dose is likely to induce this, and it seems to happen to some people more readily than others.

If you find it intense then a change of scenary is usually enough to do the trick.