• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Light User recently found Heroin WD’s

wegotthis

Greenlighter
Hi all,

To start I was really unsure which category to post in, I’ve been a long time lurker however I found it hard to categorise exactly where to post as I haven’t seen a lot of posts talking about H users who have been using a small amount for a brief period of time experiencing the WD’s for the first time.

A bit about me, I have been an on and off meth user (a good binge or two every month) which developed into daily use from Jan this year following a diagnosis of PTSD late last year. Obviously I’ve been using to come to terms with that diagnosis and I’ve recently with the help of therapy been able to kick the meth habit with great success as of a month ago.

Unfortunately about two months ago at my lowest I thought that I would give H a go and started very minimally (2 or 3 pts would last a week). As of the last month I graduated to a half gram a week, to recently being able to snort a half gram in a couple of days.

I have had a day - 48 hours without using however two weeks ago found that hour 48 almost on the dot led me to flu symptoms, restless legs and difficulties sleeping. I realised exactly what that was when I looked back at how I had been using more.

I don’t have the same love I had with Meth and I severely underestimated H’s risk of dependency. Luckily I don’t feel as though I love using it and I feel mentally motivated given how new I am to want to give it the kick for good, and I really want to make sure I give myself the best opportunity to taper/cold turkey it.

I have seen lots of posts of people who have used in more sizeable amounts and for longer, but I’m just wondering and seeking advice for a new user, what the predictions could be on what the withdrawal could be like given the following things I have on hand to assist:

Bottle (x20) temazepam 10mg
A script (for my PTSD so have easy access to as much as I need ) Clonidine 100mcg
Magnesium supps, and a collection of multivitamins and vit d supps.

What would everyone’s advice be for me to smash this WD out? I am finally in a good mental headspace, proud of myself for getting off the gear and Im feeling motivated to do this right. Or maybe I don’t do it right and i relapse although relapsing with grace and lessons to take into attempt #2.

Thank you all in advance, I send my love to all who life brings to this forum as we are all fighting battles of different sorts and the world needs more kindness + support.

M ❤️

one - congratulations recognizing this is not a path you want to go down further - i was burned in a fire 3rd degree 7 years ago, severe dissociative ptsd -- currently trying to complete my final titration from 20 years of opioids. I can say from experience - trying to medicated ptsd symptoms with opioids is a train wreck for me. ever escalating doses and an overall worsening of symptoms. It's been a long ride, but the downsides - anhedonia, not having pain relief work properly for surgery, bowel issues, money issues, danger from use (especially if using street heroin and not some kind of pharmaceutical supply.)

Have you already made it off? are you saying you are 48 hours out? if so, especially for the first time getting off, that should really be about as bad as the symptoms get. should resolve within a week or two fully But yeah - if it's true diacetylmorphine 48-72 hours is the roughest, and if you can make it through that it will be coasting down from there.

Personally, I never cold turkey from a high amount of opioids, I will taper myself down over a period of time. When I was younger I could do it over a week, but it has become more difficult w repeat titrations/getting older. Get some ginger for the stomach, Make sure you have time off, some electrolytes. Be wary w benzos - if used continuously they produce a withdrawal much worse then opioids even.

But whatever way works for you, and yeah, if i was reading that right and you have made it 48 hours and aren't in some kind of wild state like totally unable to keep down water, out of control tachycardia, psychotic symptoms, seizury symptoms -- but I have only seen symptoms like that in long term/super high dose opioid users. First time should be about as bad as a solid but not hospital worthy bout of flu, but it lasts much shorter as far as the acute effects. I have not had that state last longer than 24 - 48 hours.
Meaning - From a last dose, I would start feeling bad 24 hours after the dose, by 48 hours I would be getting extremely sick - from 48 - 96 hours from the last dose would be the worst of the symptoms, and past that to 120 hours + i would start to gradually feel back to normal.

lmk if you have any specific questions. Fully support a decision to walk away from a serious opioid problem. for myself i had to learn the hard way that: There's no problem i have ever had in my life that a dope habit doesn't make exponentially worse. life is hard enough without the constant battle of a dope habit. A 24 hour job I have to PAY for. :/

What i would do is take the 0.1 clindine 3 x a day

Take the temazepam 10mg at night to help u sleep the clonidine will help with that too

And take all the vitamins supplements etc. Do this for 7 days and see how u feel

Wish I had those meds during my CT.

Good luck!