• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Light Deps just don?t do it

Pucman

Bluelighter
I have grown excellent weed inside and outside. I like the idea of getting all natural sun and organic nutrients and soil worthy of growing good bud. Seems like all the stuff coming from PNW and NoCal is just weak. There are so many strains but I just don?t feel the love like I do from the nice indoor. Maybe it?s the numbers thing but I know of giant indoor grows that crush that stuff. I like my Cannabis to have very pungent smell and when you hit it you feel your throat closing and you must cough. I enjoy the coughing and love to watch people try not to. It?s not very stealth mind you but that?s what it should do. Right now I have some Deathstar, Bruce Banner, Tahoe Og, NYC Diesel and the only Indoor is Island Sweet Skunk. All this is my opinion and everyone has one. What are you puffing on? Thoughts on light deps vs. Indoor.

Just curious do you mean the effects are weak or the taste? I could definitely see people who are more akin to "gas" flavors finding a lot of strains weak because the market is definitely dominated by the fruity/creamy flavors (Tangie/Cookies n Cream).

I have also found most light deps to be of lesser quality and price. As for the production side of things; legalization has brought in a ton of people who weren't involved/growing before and are now in charge of large operations. I think they are looking at how much they can produce and how quickly they can harvest. My buddy had some Chinese-Canadian investors stop by his place and try to buy them out so apparently that's happening a lot in Norcal right now.

Most farms growing for the legal market in Oregon grow indoors... dunno where you're getting your stuff from. I've only had one memorably bad strain. It was from a really shitty dispensary too.

Oh it’s from The Iron Triangle they are top shelf strains,shared by many, it’s just not top notch bud and why the price is falling so drastically. You can get an elbow for under 15 on the East Coast. Maybe I’m just being snobby maybe it’s just not as fresh as I would like. Maybe it gets too strained from lazy workers not watering every day. It comes from different growers, but just isn’t that crushing. Im with the thought as it’s just mass produced and gets very little love. It really is everywhere and unfortunately theses new growers are running the price down with sub par Cannabis. Therefore making standards lower for the other seasoned farmers. Sometimes there is a surprise I’m just speaking of the norm. I’m in a Major city, I’m sure a hub so it’s not that I don’t see a lot of different stuff.

Lotta dep growers are notorious for pulling their crop early. In effect, you get crystally bud that looks good but doesn't really get you that high. The grower can pull an extra harvest every year though so it works for him/her.

Lotta dep growers are notorious for pulling their crop early. In effect, you get crystally bud that looks good but doesn't really get you that high. The grower can pull an extra harvest every year though so it works for him/her.

The best farms here are in a terpene and THC or CBD content race, I'm not saying the objectively "best", but ones that do like extremely high end indoor clean room grows with LED lighting and strict climate control. Not that expensive to do on a small scale but for a farm it definitely is. Their prices show it. But you can get beautiful weed with 30% THC for $10 a gram still.

Please excuse my limey ingorance, but what the fuck are 'light deps'? I always thought that cannabis could take as much light as you could throw at it, but this is obviously some new technique that the weed nerds have invented. Why can't people just let this fantastic plant grow naturally without stressing it's bollocks off..?

Please excuse my limey ingorance, but what the fuck are 'light deps'? I always thought that cannabis could take as much light as you could throw at it, but this is obviously some new technique that the weed nerds have invented. Why can't people just let this fantastic plant grow naturally without stressing it's bollocks off..?
Light deprivation is a technique for growing "outdoor" cannabis year-round. Since Cannabis is typically photoperiodic (responds to seasonal changes in light to begin flowering), constant growing requires the grower to artificially simulate the decreasing light from summer to fall. To achieve this they typically use a greenhouse-like structure that can block light for 12 hours a day. It's a midway between Indoor and Outdoor. To be honest, I don't believe there's anything inherently wrong with the method it's just typical to see light deps of lower quality and price, possibly due to increased focus on production and harvest cycles rather than quality.

Light deprivation is a technique for growing "outdoor" cannabis year-round. Since Cannabis is typically photoperiodic (responds to seasonal changes in light to begin flowering), constant growing requires the grower to artificially simulate the decreasing light from summer to fall. To achieve this they typically use a greenhouse-like structure that can block light for 12 hours a day. It's a midway between Indoor and Outdoor. To be honest, I don't believe there's anything inherently wrong with the method it's just typical to see light deps of lower quality and price, possibly due to increased focus on production and harvest cycles rather than quality.

Ah, i see thanks. Surely it's easier to buy the autoflower seeds that those pesky Dutch have developed? I've grown autoflowers and they can produce a reasonable smoke - obviously not as strong as modern hydroponically grown strains but well worth it because you just leave them alone without having to fuck about. Even in the UK, 2-3 harvests per year are possible outside.

The autos are definitely easy, but they don't yield as much and you can't really clone them. The nice thing about regular plants is that if you grow a winner you can clone it and keep it going forever and without buying new seeds

The autos are definitely easy, but they don't yield as much and you can't really clone them. The nice thing about regular plants is that if you grow a winner you can clone it and keep it going forever and without buying new seeds

Yes, good point. I admit the yields aren't great, but for a personal grow I've found them to be satisfactory and hassal free.

Frisian dew, White widow auto, auto duck and auto night queen.
Nice. I'd never heard of Frisian Dew before sounds pretty good though. I haven't had White Widow in forever, but I remember when that was what everyone wanted

The Frisian dew was brilliant for the British climate, very mould resistant. The White widow and night queen were stronger, but I lost quite a bit to mould. The autoduck never matured because I got busted :\