• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Light and inducing a natural visual psychedelic experience??? DMT

Yeah I didn't like it much.....have you read ACID DREAMS??? Now that was a badass read.....with the CIA dosing each other at the office unwittingly....FAR OUT stuff!

Yeah that was a great book also.

One of my other favourites is Sidney Cohen's 'Drugs of Hallucination'.

I'm not sure if it is still in print (my copy was published in 1971) - but it details various elements of LSD research when it was still legal. Perhaps a bit dry for your tastes, if 'The Spirit Molecule didn't do it for you...

(Actually - having looked it up, it appears to be out of print and my copy is rather collectible. Wow!)

More recent psychedelic books I would recommend reading would include 'Shroom: A Cultural History of the Magic Mushroom' by Andy Letcher.

Last edited:
First post so hi all. I've had quite a bit of experience with the Lucia No. 3. None with the Dream Machine but am half-heartedly building one.

Lucia I would say is not psychedelic as such. It is a self-contained state that is similar in some ways but is 'inner' in as much as if it gets too much (sometimes it does) then you just open your eyes and bam! You're back in the 'real world'. I would say it is possible to 'freak out' theoretically - you can go to places where fear is evoked and issues come up - but it is not really that easy to research this aspect as you naturally would just open your eyes and it's gone. There is no carryover into the norma state. You do feel kind of chilled and relaxed to a highly noticeable degree for at least a day though, maybe more.

It's highly visual, perhaps in a way that's all it is - this in itself is interesting as it primarily consists of geometric patterns (often in my experience recalling an Islamic or Oriental aspect) but other than that I have not experienced any degree of introspection or 'insight' which is what I personally look for in such experiences: a kind of deeper level of thought. It seems to bypass that and subsume it in the visual experience - though this may just be because the visual aspect is primary and so strong. There are many settings - some which are claimed to do specific things - and I have not experienced all these so perhaps it depends on the program being run. Beginners get a 'soft' intro but there are levels and I get the impression some are possibly hardcore.

DMT does ocurr in humans, they've known for a long time that it does. It is present in the urine of a small portion of the population. It is also more commonly found in the urine of schizophrenics than normal people. If you google DMT and schizophrenia you will find scientific papers about it. David Nichols conducted or was involved in one of these studies. It's presence in urine is the whole reason that Strassman tried to find a source of biosynthesis, for which he suggested the pineal because it also produces melatonin, which is structurally quite similar.

A study published last year and conducted by Dr. Steven Barker, who appears in The Spirit Molecule, found that DMT in the pineal gland of rats for the first time. This supports Strassman's theories of course. Personally, I think that anyone who spends a little time studying near death experiences and spontaneous mystical experiences would find remarkable similarities between those and DMT trips. The show I Survived: Beyond and Back often features people describing NDE's involving contact with alien and non-religious specific entities, as well as brightly colored symbols, patterns, tubes and wormholes of light. Not all NDE's sound like DMT trips, but in my research far more than half of them do. The most commonly reported similarities are partial or complete ego-death where people forget who they were, what they were, and just find themselves suspended in the cosmic bliss of the universe. I had had this happen on DMT many times. You can find the whole rat study online, but here's a link to the abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23881860

Strassman was on to something, and now science is catching up. Speaking of science catching up, everyone interested in psychedelics should see Neurons To Nirvana, it's one of the newer psych documentaries and is very scientific and informative. Ends up, psychedelic do expand your awareness by increasing the connectivity between your logical, higher, human brain and your lower, animal parts of your brain. They also limit blood flow to the human parts, so that your subconscious and interpersonal mind can show through. When used with intent, psychedelics can be waking dreams.