• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Life In UK Since Blanket Ban?

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I’m curious what life is like now since the insane blanket ban in the UK? When I saw that I was absolutely shocked, especially since I felt the RC scene was born and raised by ya’ll and with the biggest RC using market going down that would affect us all.

I noticed some talk about it but for the most part not much. Was there much backlash? Have they altered it in any way? What’s the drug and RC scene since the ban? Anything really..

-GC

The UK Don’t have as severe blanket ban as we do in Ireland. We can’t go more than 2km from our homes unless for essential travel like essential work or to get groceries or meds.

The UK have social distancing enforced but you can still travel generally. There are stops and they do check if you’re on an essential trip but it’s not as severe. Maybe that’s just my understanding from the Northern Ireland scene.

Most of my friends are unaffected in regards of getting their drugs.

The UK Don’t have as severe blanket ban as we do in Ireland. We can’t go more than 2km from our homes unless for essential travel like essential work or to get groceries or meds.

The UK have social distancing enforced but you can still travel generally. There are stops and they do check if you’re on an essential trip but it’s not as severe. Maybe that’s just my understanding from the Northern Ireland scene.

Most of my friends are unaffected in regards of getting their drugs.
I think G_Chem wwasmentioning the ban on RCs not the corona lockdown.

Ahhh sorry! Haha I’m a tit.

Yeah they are pretty bloody strict but shit still comes through the mail.

I’m curious what life is like now since the insane blanket ban in the UK? When I saw that I was absolutely shocked, especially since I felt the RC scene was born and raised by ya’ll and with the biggest RC using market going down that would affect us all.

I noticed some talk about it but for the most part not much. Was there much backlash? Have they altered it in any way? What’s the drug and RC scene since the ban? Anything really..

-GC

I'll tell you what @G_Chem I reckon the UK blanket ban has given the biggest boost to the DN markets that the world has ever seen.

But the UK RC scene was in decline for years before the blanket ban came into force. Most of the good stuff had already been placed under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 or subjected to 'temporary bans' which was just a sneaky way of getting them off the market before they could be properly scheduled. None of the temporary bans were ever repealed.

So by the time the Psychoactive Substances Act came into force in 2016, all that was left to ban was a few dodgy stims, lots of dodgy benzo analogues and a plethora of increasingly dangerous synthetic cannabinoids.

Although I do miss the days of trawling through the menus of UK based vendors and being able to pay by debit card for next day delivery, it's maybe a blessing in disguise.

Also, It's getting increasingly hard to find European vendors willing to ship to the UK and payment methods are a faff if you're not au fait with crypocurrency.

I would turn to the DN myself if I had enough money to take the risk, but I'm not technically savvy enough to get my head around Bitcoins et al.