• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Life after drugs?

Angelz87

Bluelighter
Hi I'm currently addicted to oxys, I started using cuz it maid me feel better from the pain of 4 months off of ecstasy abuse where I dint think I've yet recovered from n it's been a year, I tryed e again jus to see if it could straighten me bac to my sences stupid I kno , there's one thing I'm asking to those who actually kno after a hard ecstasy/MDMA abuse everyweekend for over year how long does it take to fully recover, n b bac to normal, I've only heard ecstasy fucks people up some times for life and this is from older generations people who have seen it happen to their own friends, not teens or pll in ur age group who assume drugs r good , do you go bac to 100%? I'm starting to believe drugs fry ur brain for real

Every weekend for a year? I'd say you're looking at a good 2+ year break before you even think about rolling again. And yes, abusing a known neurotoxic drug does damage your brain but it doesn't 'fry' it and if used responsibly the damage is very minimal (if there's any at all).

See a Doctor, come clean and ask for help. IMO, anyone whos been addicted to an underground drug that is inconsistent in quality and less documented in terms of long term abuse definitely needs medical help. Taking Oxycodone to heal/treat your post long term Ecstasy abuse aint making your situation any better is it now?

good luck.

do the oxys effect you differently now than how they did before using E? Do they make you feel normal?

Opiates generally dont help ecstasy induced depression much because they affect dopamine and not serotonin.

I don't know much about oxy abuse, but I have abused MDMA twice in my life. Once as a teenager when I first got into, and once as an adult when my boyfriend first got into it. When I was a teen it didn't result in anything negative. Once I realized I was overdoing it, I took a long break and that was that. The second time was 9 years later and I believe that drug abuse is a lot harder to handle when you are an adult, you have many responisibilities to juggle, and you're much more in tune to your comfort zone and mental health.

My abuse wasn't as extreme as others, but for about 9 months I did it at least every two weeks, and for 4 or 5 of those months it was every week and I would blow through grams of molly. I didn't notice too many nasty side effects until I stopped. Then I was floored by serious depression and anxiety. Going to work was about the only responsibility I could keep and that was a chore. I often had to leave to the bathroom to cry for no reason, and my days off were spent in bed crying about absolutely nothing really. I thought I would never be happy again and that my brain was completely screwed. I felt like I had nothing to look forward to ever again since I realized all I looked forward to for a while was the next time I could do molly again.

The good news is that I recovered, and all it took was time. I'd say it took 3 solid months of abstaining from drugs until I felt back to my old self. Some people say medication helps them, for me I wanted to get back to normal without the use of drugs.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through, and I can relate on some level. Stop doing drugs for a while and you will feel better. It's hard and it takes time but it's true. Good luck!

I think e did somewhat effect how i am now.. 2 years of use only sometimes binging but i think after a while you recover.. i defeated weird thoughts and stuff by simply not thinking about them its all in my head :)

Oh and to answer your question, yes I feel back to 100% and I have been using ecstasy for 10 years.

Take a year long beak from e and the oxy. Get some new hobbies, exercise, smoke some weed to relax., go to some N.A meetings, go see a doctor. You need some help, seriously. I have a friend that did what you did ( rolled every weekend for a year+ ). No matter how much I told him to space out his rolls he wouldnt listen because he always did it when im not around and of course he hung out with the wrong crowd. And now hes not the same person anymore, he cant keep up a conversation and forgets of almost everything thats said to him after like 5 or 10 minutes but he still remembers stuff from a long time ago. He's been off everything for 3 months now and I barely see little signs that hes coming back to his old self so im assuming he'll be back to normal after a year+ break. So please take a break from everything. If not for your friends and family then for yourself.

you shouldn't tell him to smoke and to go to an NA meeting, that defeats the whole purpose. but as other people said, just give yourself a break from the drugs. it'll suck the first month, but it gets better (at least for me). maybe go to rehab? if you go to a good one with a cool group of kids, it can be very fun. besides you know, drugs will always be there. stay clean for a year and if you don't like it you can always go back to using.

I've taken a 3 month brake , up untill 11 months and fir sum stupid fkd up reason I tryed on hallowen it didn't feel the same my heads depleted literally I remmember after doing them I still had my mind, now while I'm on em and after I feel jus wired I'm all spaced out and my face jus says it all , foxyloxy can u relate did u get to the point where I did I mean there were point in my binge I was abusing 3-4 times a week, I would feel myself now I'm jus I dunno I'm not gonna lie I feel better I guess the oxy and my recent use put md bac in a bad state. And to the person asking is oxy help , when ur mentally I'll and physically and emotionally ruined crying after months off of a drug percs and oxys feel really good takes the edge off

angelz, u have traded ur e addiction for opiate addiction. If u think it was hard quitting e, opiates r a whole different monster. I would suggest try quitting the opiates even thou its not gonna b easy. I was always able to take it or leave it with e, but when opiates took ahold of my life, nothing else mattered to me. I would never want anyone to go thru the torture opiate addiction has done to me. good luck;)

get off the frekin oxys... its a fals fix , when i was recovering from my own x abuse of every weekend for a year also , there was eight months of doing nothing , living sober showed me that im not done heeling , but i never would have know if i kept using x or uppers,or anything accept weed, do weed for a year if anything- eat good, sleep, (witch is tuff cuz i still get the insonia every now and then) dont hang out with the same ppl that u did wen u took those 150 pills or wutever

try and live sober mann ull fuck urself harder on them oxys, sooner or later ull have a post up talking about how ur recovering from oxy with help from meth ,

ps ur not doing urself any favors switching addictions like that

Yeah, an ongoing opiate addiction will prevent you from feeling good when you're sober. In other news, the sky is blue, water is wet, molly has not been conclusively linked to cognitive decline, and pegging feels good man.

in 07-08 i did mdma well over 50 times, +speed based products like dob,mdma cut with dope about 40 times, just from that it took two years of just smoking bud to get almost back to normal - i still get insomnia, but i ussed to b way worse - bad mood swings, bad insonia, bad deppresion and hopelessness, angery all the time- i got holes in my walls to prove that,flassbacks, numbness, emptyness, confusion, totally felt stupid

but now adays i still get insomnia but way less, depression is manageable now, kept my girl somehow helped me alot, i still get flashbacks but less and usally only when i want em now,
took two years but im a hella lot better, and i was able to roll 12 times so far this 2010 year and they were again good exept i got stupid and did it 4 times in 1 1/2 months in the end and i got the bad effects again, but im ok now , just get off em oxys mann u might b able to roll again but not for a while ok.....best of luck

The Maine reason is cuz I work a hard labour job , and believe me when I say I can't keep a job to pay my addiction habit, when I can't get up in the morning, I'm suppose to go to Italy for Christmas after work season I might take that time to fix myself, there's no way I can make it till next year, I made $20,000 this year cash alone n I have notthing to show for it jus this sickness, I try smoking week but it's neurotoxic I jus bad buzz... Any comments r welcome trust meh

Everyone reacts differently and also can take longer to 'recover', so theres little point in anyone saying 3 months / 1 year.

Rolling that much and close together can make permanant changes in the brain so for some people they will never be the same again. Im an older raver who has been rolling for over 20years, I have seen so many friends lose it completely after heavy MDMA use (depression, withdrawn etc) and others appear fine. Take a break (from all the drugs/alcohol) and see how your mood improves and take it from there.

I developed a nasty hydrocodone addiction and I think it had a bit to do with using MDMA too much at one point. The opiate addiction was worse than the crappy post MDMA feelings. Its just a whole other cloud you drape over the cloud that is already there. I would get off of oxys before it creeps up on you too hard. With a steady Exercise regime and vitamins and good diet, and Amino Acid protocol, you WILL recover and feel amazing but you must be patient!! Its so worth it to regain your senses, your libido, and your motivation! Its a long haul but with wonderful results. If you really wanna get high, stick to cannabis.
Remember, cannabis only works well with little paranoia if you are off the other drugs. I found when I was addicted to opiates, pot just made me paranoid. But if you clean your system, you could probably feel its medicinal qualities better and use it for a head change and or pain management, or to ease your state of mind if you really need something.
Just my opinion, good luck and blessings!

If your in a state where Medicinal Marijuana is legal I recommend talkin to your doc about gettin a recommendation.

There are plenty of dispenseries that will provide you with some prime herbs to put your mind at ease...it will allow you to be relaxin enough that you dont need to be thinkin bout oxy or ecstasy...

Marijuana is an excellent subsitute to hard drugs, just make sure its okay with yer docter.

try to eat healthy and keep focused. Read a good book. Exercise them. Then exercise.

Choose a hobby. Photography or a Musical instrument will help for stimulatin your brain back onto a contructively contructive and cognitive pathway.

But you gotta put some effort into it. No Bud Light for you im afraid.

Everyone reacts differently and also can take longer to 'recover', so theres little point in anyone saying 3 months / 1 year.

Rolling that much and close together can make permanant changes in the brain so for some people they will never be the same again. Im an older raver who has been rolling for over 20years, I have seen so many friends lose it completely after heavy MDMA use (depression, withdrawn etc) and others appear fine. Take a break (from all the drugs/alcohol) and see how your mood improves and take it from there.

There is a point: to share a personal experience with someone who's interested in the subject.

Indeed though, I have seen the same thing. It does seem to vary person to person and I would love to know what sort of other factors play into that.

Im with everyone else. using a drug to cope with side effects of another is not helping. Although perhaps not as damaging as chronic ecstasy use, narcotic addiction is probably even harder to deal with due to the withdrawal symptoms. My father will be on methadone for life after relying on percocet to help with his cocaine/crack addiction. This led to Heroin abuse. Go clean... I personally started using chemical drugs about 12 years ago. I think there is permanent damage, but after a while you will feel good about yourself, and won't really notice the side effects. I do only here and there.