• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Life after death or eternal sleep?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Is there life after death or do we die and stay dead forever? I believe that once we die we just go to sleep forever and do not experience anything ever again. But I suppose it could be possible to never die. Potentially if time stops forever and we just get stuck in space for eternity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t believe that. Life could not exist if there was not something beyond to instigate it. You are operating under the deterministic mentality of the science establishment which has an incomplete view of evolution and cosmology and human life and is admittedly theoretical.

So you believe that lets say George Washington is still alive? It certainly could be plausible.

It can't be an eternal sleep if you are not alive anymore, you go back to the source and reincarnate.

Life and death are concepts created and understood by living humans, what is after is hard to say because we don't even have the right words for it because as living creatures we only understand 2 states: a living state and a death state, but there is other state. After life you probably return into a state-non-state of eternity with all. As far as I'm concerned we are eternals, just not in the present state.

Oh man, give me eternal sleep. The eternal nod. Never having to look for my TV remote that I just had in my hand ever again would be bliss.

But I don't think things are that simple. In the meantime I watch my actions and how it affects people.

Is there life after death or do we die and stay dead forever? I believe that once we die we just go to sleep forever and do not experience anything ever again. But I suppose it could be possible to never die. Potentially if time stops forever and we just get stuck in space for eternity.

I think time and space are concepts used by the conscious "monkey" mind and when we die "time stops forever and we just get stuck in space for eternity" as you put it. But think parallel universes, wormholes etc, rather than "space". Our monkey brains can't really comprehend it (well, some can more than others) ☺️

I had a dream once a nuclear reactor or CERN facility or something exploded right near me and the wave of whatever exploded when through before I could even think or react so I died, but I was still dreaming and the universe went on without me it was just different. So I thought well that's okay at least it goes on. Maybe that was my subconscious trying to deal with end of life anxiety, I don't know.

Once we are dead we done. All those memories are gone. Its like you never existed. Consciouness goes on forever though

I think physics postulates that energy doesn't just hit a wall & stop. It only transforms. What kind of transformation do you think a human brain with with 100 billion neurons might do (or not do?)

(i should add that neurons aren't just in the brain. Sound like i'm talkin from the 1970s ha. Apparently there are even more located in the human heart and the highest neuron-count is in the gut) So, the number of billion neurons distributed throughoutthe human mainframe is pretty scary and thats the thing to consider imo. Living. Is like. Funk. (How can one be etrnal & the other not)?

Is there a extra special cuddly warm reason to hold tightly to this idea of 'death being the end of it all'?

It does seem a bit far fetched.

Last edited:
Is there a extra special cuddly warm reason to hold tightly to this idea of 'death being the end of it all'?
For some the cuddly reason is they feel they can do whatever they want in life without reaping the consequences. Like a get out of jail free card. And that would be bliss. However all actions have consequences. In another thread i called it the lazy mans view.

Most people are wiser than that. Most know something bigger is going on. But as far as our human experience no one alive can ever say what happens when we die. Lots of colorful ideas but that is all they are. But I will admit when I go to nderf.org I believe the people that were clinically dead for a period of time.