• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Life after benzo WD

Hey, thanks man.
Same here, I've been standing by the tub with all the pills and booze and razor, only to back out last second.
Don't do it tubgirl, it's not worth it, tomorrow is always another day, I almost went through with it, but was stopped and sent to the psych ward, glad I wasn't able to through with it, as hard as life is and my anxiety has worsened, I've chosen to see a counselor in the coming week, to see if talking helps.

Life is precious and as the old saying goes and it's very true, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Don't do it tubgirl, it's not worth it, tomorrow is always another day, I almost went through with it, but was stopped and sent to the psych ward, glad I wasn't able to through with it, as hard as life is and my anxiety has worsened, I've chosen to see a counselor in the coming week, to see if talking helps.

Life is precious and as the old saying goes and it's very true, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
It was years and years and years ago.
We all die someday anyway, why do the reapers work for him, right?
I'm not going to argue let's kill ourselves! but now, when I think about suicide, it's not that panic I had.
It's just a choice; when shit gets boring, my body can't take it, I'm out. People think I'm depressed because I say such things, but it's the opposite.
It's liberating to know you can step off this merrry-go-round anytime.

BUt nah, fuck that. Before I'd even contemplate taking my life, I'd exhaust every alternative.

Keep thinking that way tubgirl, this place would be boring without you, keep up the positive thoughts.
You are a kind person @LordOfThisWorld. You go out of your way to inspire and uplift. I have seen that a few times with you. A great trait.

I know some of these issues are in the past but at one point I had read an eye opening NDE where the kid killed himself and ended up somewhere where everyone was the same wise ass that he was and they were taunting him the same way he would taunt people. He realized he can not kill himself again and was stuck this time. But alas was sent back and told be more kinder to people and you will reach a higher vibrational level.

If I have to endure this thing called life I kind of need you all here with me. :) I get it though, in fact I get it so much that I tend to think if you want out of this place you're smarter than most people. But we have to graduate, not skip class. Well make it. Life really is 5 minutes in the grand scheme of things. Feels like forever.

I have to say I hope this thread fills up, I am fascinating by people that have survived benzo withdrawal and live to tell about it. And for others that need the medicine keep it smart, don't be the guy that starts taking a handful of alprazolam after a few weeks never to get tolerance back down.

One of the more fascinating stories on BL are the people that came off astronomical amounts of RC benzos. Yet people do it, but I think we need more success stories to inspire people feeling down about their predicament.

You are a kind person @LordOfThisWorld. You go out of your way to inspire and uplift. I have seen that a few times with you. A great trait.

I know some of these issues are in the past but at one point I had read an eye opening NDE where the kid killed himself and ended up somewhere where everyone was the same wise ass that he was and they were taunting him the same way he would taunt people. He realized he can not kill himself again and was stuck this time. But alas was sent back and told be more kinder to people and you will reach a higher vibrational level.

If I have to endure this thing called life I kind of need you all here with me. :) I get it though, in fact I get it so much that I tend to think if you want out of this place you're smarter than most people. But we have to graduate, not skip class. Well make it. Life really is 5 minutes in the grand scheme of things. Feels like forever.

I have to say I hope this thread fills up, I am fascinating by people that have survived benzo withdrawal and live to tell about it. And for others that need the medicine keep it smart, don't be the guy that starts taking a handful of alprazolam after a few weeks never to get tolerance back down.

One of the more fascinating stories on BL are the people that came off astronomical amounts of RC benzos. Yet people do it, but I think we need more success stories to inspire people feeling down about their predicament.
Thank you for kind words JackARoe

Anyone who currently has a benzo habit and wants to quit needs to go through a slow tapering process (look out the Ashton manual or similar). Benzo WD is not like WDing from other drugs, it's very dangerous and can induce profound (long-lasting) changes in the brain.
It really should be avoided at all costs.

Humans are very resilient though, many bluelighters have shown us that it's possible to recover even from the most extreme situation.