• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Life after benzo WD

Dead But Smiling

Bluelighter
For those of you who did get completely all the way through withdrawal, did your anxiety and depression go back down to baseline or do you feel like you’re negatively changed forever?

Yes most of it went away. For me it took 18 months or so but my case was severe. I thought I'd never be the same. And in some ways of course, I am not the same as it was pretty traumatic. I wouldn't say it resulted in PTSD exactly, but I've been through a fair amount of other trauma and seem to be not very susceptible to PTSD as a whole. But going off the deep end like that is definitely unforgettable. Overall however my anxiety is probably worse in a general sense. Not much worse than baseline prior to benzos but definitely a bit worse. Other than that I mostly recovered so there is plenty of hope. Certainly for a while i thought I'd never be the same again, but he truth is, I'm mostly the same.

I feel like threads like these are important. Sorry, a bit off topic but... smoking blunts with xanax is fun and benzos can be great. It's hard to use and abuse long term...

OP is tapering down very slowly not possible? It's a taxing process to do it with a doctor... but a great doctor really helps people not go through the worst symptoms of what is known to be far worse than opiate withdrawal.

Negatively changed forever. I never regained the energy levels or emotional stability I had before benzos and I still have tinnitus, pain and sensitivity over a decade post taper. However, almost all the other symptoms have gone away.

Tinnitus from benzos you say?

I always thought it was the dissociatives.

May I ask on here how do you decrease your intake of benzos, I'm trying to cut back on mine, not completely getting off, just back to the amount I was prescribed, I suffer from Anxiety and Panick attacks so I can't completely stop taking them, or I won't leave the house, I've been home recently started taking more than prescribed because my anxiety got worse being home and thinking about work and my coworkers and the amount the Doctor prescribed wasn't enough, I literally felt like I was going to jump out of my skin, so I had to increase the dosage to calm me down.

May I ask on here how do you decrease your intake of benzos, I'm trying to cut back on mine, not completely getting off, just back to the amount I was prescribed, I suffer from Anxiety and Panick attacks so I can't completely stop taking them, or I won't leave the house, I've been home recently started taking more than prescribed because my anxiety got worse being home and thinking about work and my coworkers and the amount the Doctor prescribed wasn't enough, I literally felt like I was going to jump out of my skin, so I had to increase the dosage to calm me down.
I’m already only taking 1 to 1.5 mg klonopin every 2 or 3 days so I just have to get back down to taking 0.5 mg once a day for a couple weeks then 0.5 every couple days then I suppose I’ll jump.

I’m already only taking 1 to 1.5 mg klonopin every 2 or 3 days so I just have to get back down to taking 0.5 mg once a day for a couple weeks then 0.5 every couple days then I suppose I’ll jump.
I’m taking about 3 to 4 mgs a day, I’m only suppose to take 0.5 every twelve hours, but my anxiety levels have been so hyped I can’t take the feeling of dread everyday from the time I get up.

I’m taking about 3 to 4 mgs a day, I’m only suppose to take 0.5 every twelve hours, but my anxiety levels have been so hyped I can’t take the feeling of dread everyday from the time I get up.
3 to 4mg isn't terrible, but it'd definitely require a bit of tapering. Anxiety is my worst enemy. t's so unpredictable. I wish benzos weren't as addicting and damaging as they are-- they'd be a miracle drug.

3 to 4mg isn't terrible, but it'd definitely require a bit of tapering. Anxiety is my worst enemy. t's so unpredictable. I wish benzos weren't as addicting and damaging as they are-- they'd be a miracle drug.
I find my self needing more as my anxiety levels have worsen, I’m trying to control the anxiety but can’t unless I take the klonopin.

I just have to be strong I scheduled counseling already next I start via either by phone or on camera by computer.

I find my self needing more as my anxiety levels have worsen, I’m trying to control the anxiety but can’t unless I take the klonopin.

I just have to be strong I scheduled counseling already next I start via either by phone or on camera by computer.
That's good, I'm glad for you. Some of us just need higher amounts of kpins, xans, vals, whatever because our anxiety is uncontrollable.

For those of you who did get completely all the way through withdrawal, did your anxiety and depression go back down to baseline or do you feel like you’re negatively changed forever?

My anxiety ramped up for about a week before it subsided this time. It hit my depression worse, though.

I usually have 1-2 months where my anxiety is crippling.

Overall I feel very lucky considering how reckless I've been with benzos.

I've met some people who were really fucking broken after years of benzo-abuse.
Had some friends who couldn't cope and simply checked out after getting off benzos.

My anxiety ramped up for about a week before it subsided this time. It hit my depression worse, though.

Had some friends who couldn't cope and simply checked out after getting off benzos.
That’s really sad about your friends, but good for you :) I hope my detox is as short as yours

Sorry to hear about your friends tubgirl, I’ve had those feelings myself at times, never feel like I’m good enough for anything.

Sorry to hear about your friends tubgirl, I’ve had those feelings myself at times, never feel like I’m good enough for anything.
Hey, thanks man.
Same here, I've been standing by the tub with all the pills and booze and razor, only to back out last second.