• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

LGBTQ+, and especially believers, remember that God makes all souls equal.

I've never liked the idea of a man nailed to a cross "dying for our sins".

It doesn't make much sense and it's grotesque and unnecessary.

We have gotten used to it over time but aliens might think we are a bit odd when they walk into a church and see people worshipping the statue of a half naked man crucified, with blood running down his face.

The focus should be on what Jesus said during his life, not trying to spin how he died into something meaningful.

I think he was probably just a wise man who was ahead of his time.

The philosophies (and spiritual insights) from two thousand years ago don't trump the philosophies of today.

I don't think God cares about sexuality.

Lots of animals on the planet have same sex relations so why would it be bad for humans. I'm straight and that makes me no better in gods eyes then a LGBT person. If you go by the god made us in his image that includes all of us. I highly doubt an omnipresent figure really cares what people do in the bedroom. If the same sex is what you're attracted to no one has the right to say you're a sinner, god made you that way afterall

@Frog Dreams
@Jennn

Even mainstream religions like the Christian sects and Roman Catholics are coming to the same conclusions regarding same sex relationships.

Perhaps God may or may not have an opinion about same sex marriage or relations but there are no hard and firm restrictions that are in effect since the Mosaic Law was fulfilled and the New Testament (agreement) came into effect. Even Pope Francis is stating this publicly in writing. When Christ founded the Church he gave Peter and his successors the power to change the laws, and He (Christ) pays the wages of all sin. The entire Old Testament is a record of how the Hebrews, try as they might, could not hold to the Mosaic Law successfully, which is why we as humans required a New Testament.

Last edited:
Like most Christians, instead of talking of your immoral belief, you throw garbage scriptures at me while completely ignoring my argument and scriptures.

Thanks for the usual example of Christians choosing to call evil good.
I didn't ignore your argument I made a rebuttal. If you consider anything I was saying to be an argument that evil is good, well then clearly we're not gonna see eye to eye.

I guess you are too un-educated to know what a parthenogenetic birth is.
Something that's never been documented in the human organism.

As in, except for the completely made up story of the parthenogenetic birth of Christ, there is no evidence in the entirety of human history of parthenogenesis that results in live offspring, and loads of observed teratomas and other tumors that are the result of parthenogenesis in humans.

Is that what you're referring to when you talk about parthenogenetic birth? The made-up fantasy of dogmatic Christians that believe Joseph wasn't nailing his teenage wife left right and center morning, noon and night?

Your on the money
Something that's never been documented in the human organism.

As in, except for the completely made up story of the parthenogenetic birth of Christ, there is no evidence in the entirety of human history of parthenogenesis that results in live offspring, and loads of observed teratomas and other tumors that are the result of parthenogenesis in humans.

Is that what you're referring to when you talk about parthenogenetic birth? The made-up fantasy of dogmatic Christians that believe Joseph wasn't nailing his teenage wife left right and center morning, noon and night?
Your on the money my friend.

There is no reason to believe homosexuality is natural..

At least for men..

I do like lesbian though..
Yeah, no reason except for our modern understanding of science.

"Homosexuality" in and of itself is a modern term and using the word reinforces the societal construct that has been imposed upon us by our culture.

Sexual identity as a whole is a modern construct.

It used to be considered no different (linguistically) than preferring apples to oranges. The Romans didn't have a word for being 'gay'. Men either liked men, or they didn't. Women either liked women, or they didn't.

And on what grounds do you say it isn't natural? Because of some ancient tome? If it's not natural then why does (what we would call) homosexuality keep popping up in various cultures across literally our entire known history? Why do some animals engage in homosexual acts, including our closest relatives? Why are there entire religions with homosexual gods? There is evidence of homosexuality that predates the bible. Especially the modern bible, which has had so much apocrypha removed, and has been translated and skewed by linguistic and cultural changes so much, it can hardly be called the same book as when it was written.

Homosexuality has far more evidence for being a natural human behavior than the behavior of being Christian.