• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

LGBTQ+, and especially believers, remember that God makes all souls equal.

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
LGBTQ+, and especially believers, remember that God makes all souls equal.

Many have decided to tolerate those who are intolerant to LGBTQ+ souls, while preventing their abortion, to insure they have many to discriminate against.

Talk of man making work projects. Believers have to see God creating a make hate project.

Moral people know to speak up for the unfairly discriminated and persecuted LGBTQ+.

Right?

I'm not a Biblical scholar but I have been following some who say that the proscriptions against homosexuality in the Bible are bad translations. The version of the Bible that everyone is citing as evidence against gays comes from a version released in the 1940s (IIRC). Apparently the original Koine said something different.

The spirit of Jesus is supposed to be alive and ready for us to form a personal relationship with him, yet Bible thumpers put scriptures ahead of this personal relationship. They say there is no proof that it's Jesus communicating with you instead of Satan, yet they will ignore their own duty to form a personal relationship with Jesus and make scripture the focus. Scripture which has been manipulated by regular men in the fallen world. They refuse to do the inner work and look for the signs in their lives. To me these people are nothing more than idolators who have turned the Bible itself into an icon instead of Jesus.

If you form a deep relationship with the holy spirit, Jesus and God and after extensive inner inquiry you find no evidence that your homosexuality is wrong, then that matters more than what some backwater tribesmen wrote in the Bible 2000 years ago. Sorry, but the two cannot be reconciled. Either Jesus is right or the Bible is right. Nobody knows God's plan in its entirety, nobody. These idolators think themselves righteous but they are as unclean as the rest of us (from a Christian perspective).

Having a "gay" spiritual relationship with Jesus, God, or the Holy Spirit seems perverse to me.

Essence and point of the post eluded me. So not sure if I agree or not, wording was contradictory.

I'll say though, that the crux of Christianity is that we are all flawed as human beings, but that Jesus died for all of these sins we will commit. To repent and to, as said above, have a personal relationship with God or Jesus, is to be forgiven. Even if homosexuality is considered a sin, by the Apostle Paul (who wrote most of the New Testament, the parts that even mention homosexuality, but not the Gospels), or the church, it is something that is forgiven through being a follower of Christ. If Jesus could forgive Paul for murdering Christians, surely he'd forgive the gays, no? Adulterers and prostitutes are forgiven. Even Israel itself is forgiven, again and again through the Bible after sinning relentlessly.

The fact is, Jesus didn't speak word one about homosexuality, in any of his parables or the writings based on his life, that were written by people that were directly around him. He did speak about adultery, and sexual immorality, but Jesus didn't say shit about homosexuality specifically.

People that use Christianity as a means to tell people whether homosexuality is acceptable or not, are basically missing the entire narrative of the Bible. The New Testament, is literally a New Covenant between God and humans, meaning it is an updated agreement of how we should behave. Not that the Ten Commandments, and the laws of Moses aren't Gods word or have bearing on life, but that the word of Jesus is the final, modern word.

Any real Christian, should know that Jesus Christ was granted the power to forgive sins on Earth, and so the point is moot. Jesus literally said the most important commandments are to love God and to love your neighbor. As long as you're doing that, you're in God's good graces.

Essence and point of the post eluded me. So not sure if I agree or not, wording was contradictory.

I'll say though, that the crux of Christianity is that we are all flawed as human beings, but that Jesus died for all of these sins we will commit. To repent and to, as said above, have a personal relationship with God or Jesus, is to be forgiven. Even if homosexuality is considered a sin, by the Apostle Paul (who wrote most of the New Testament, the parts that even mention homosexuality, but not the Gospels), or the church, it is something that is forgiven through being a follower of Christ. If Jesus could forgive Paul for murdering Christians, surely he'd forgive the gays, no? Adulterers and prostitutes are forgiven. Even Israel itself is forgiven, again and again through the Bible after sinning relentlessly.

The fact is, Jesus didn't speak word one about homosexuality, in any of his parables or the writings based on his life, that were written by people that were directly around him. He did speak about adultery, and sexual immorality, but Jesus didn't say shit about homosexuality specifically.

People that use Christianity as a means to tell people whether homosexuality is acceptable or not, are basically missing the entire narrative of the Bible. The New Testament, is literally a New Covenant between God and humans, meaning it is an updated agreement of how we should behave. Not that the Ten Commandments, and the laws of Moses aren't Gods word or have bearing on life, but that the word of Jesus is the final, modern word.

Any real Christian, should know that Jesus Christ was granted the power to forgive sins on Earth, and so the point is moot. Jesus literally said the most important commandments are to love God and to love your neighbor. As long as you're doing that, you're in God's good graces.
THIS THIS THIS

It’s hard for me to speak about my faith here because of how I act on here lol. This is the place that I let lose in and kinda dance with my inner demons. But at the same times I am a junkie that loves Jesus. My entire life has been a spiritual battle with the desires of the flesh. We are born with a brain that’s set at enmity against God. It takes the Holy Spirit thru the process of sanctification after you are saved to lift that veil. This is why I believe Satan created addiction because it’s a direct hit that stirs up the desires of the flesh like no other. This can wreak havoc on our motivation to want to know God. But the second that Jesus died the sheets in the temple ripped apart. Jesus became the ultimate only intercessor between man and God. The One without sin became sin and was crucified. His grace is sufficient and we are covered by it. It became the new law and covenant.

Here’s honestly how I feel about homosexuality. I don’t agree with it because I think it’s a desire of the flesh. Once a thought is introduced and accepted…it grows. Not gonna lie. I’ve been attracted to other women. But just like when I’ve been attracted to a married man….I don’t act on it. I’ve been blessed that it’s not been any harder than that for me. I can’t imagine how difficult that could be tho. But it’s not my place to judge anyone cause I’m still on trial myself. I believe self righteousness is the most destructive sin cause it’s the most hidden. It was satans own sin so he’s very familiar with its ways. More than homosexuality I think the bigger issue is that of the hypocritical Christian that’s ate up with self righteousness but in complete denial of it. That’s what’s causing the bigger problems. It’s making people not want to know God.

Look…I don’t care if you are gay or not. I’m gonna meet you wherever you are at. I’m gonna try to love you like Jesus does…which I’m not really capable of but Im gonna try. My goal is to treat everyone in a such a way that it’ll make them wonder what’s inside of me that’s making it possible for me to love like that. Cause it’s definitely not me. It’s Jesus.

Any real Christian, should know that Jesus Christ was granted the power to forgive sins on Earth,
I like what you put on gays, but not on Jesus. You have chosen an immoral moral tenet to follow. Let's debate.

On Jesus dying for Christians, from a moral perspective.

It takes quite an imagination and ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians parents would teach their children to use a scapegoat.

Good morals and Jesus speak against the messianic concept and bids us pick up our crosses and follow him.

I'm bisexual (and a drug user) and I don't care at all if people don't approve of my lifestyle.

As long as they treat me with respect, they can hold any opinion they like.

Who am I to say their opinion is invalid?

Brendan12 said:
Having a "gay" spiritual relationship with Jesus, God, or the Holy Spirit seems perverse to me.

What is a gay spiritual relationship?

Do you mean a gay person having a spiritual relationship... or is the relationship somehow gay?

What about fetishes?

Is it perverse to have a "foot fetish" spiritual relationship with Jesus?

Is it perverse to have a "shit on my chest" spiritual relationship with Jesus?

There are a lot weirder sexual kinks out there (IMO, no judgement) than same-sex stuff.

I like what you put on gays, but not on Jesus. You have chosen an immoral moral tenet to follow. Let's debate.

On Jesus dying for Christians, from a moral perspective.

It takes quite an imagination and ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians parents would teach their children to use a scapegoat.

Good morals and Jesus speak against the messianic concept and bids us pick up our crosses and follow him.
"18 Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a sleeping mat. They tried to take him inside to Jesus, 19 but they couldn’t reach him because of the crowd. So they went up to the roof and took off some tiles. Then they lowered the sick man on his mat down into the crowd, right in front of Jesus. 20 Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the man, “Young man, your sins are forgiven.”

21 But the Pharisees and teachers of religious law said to themselves, “Who does he think he is? That’s blasphemy! Only God can forgive sins!”

22 Jesus knew what they were thinking, so he asked them, “Why do you question this in your hearts? 23 Is it easier to say ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or ‘Stand up and walk’? 24 So I will prove to you that the Son of Man has the authority on earth to forgive sins.” Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!”

25 And immediately, as everyone watched, the man jumped up, picked up his mat, and went home praising God. 26 Everyone was gripped with great wonder and awe, and they praised God, exclaiming, “We have seen amazing things today!”

That's Luke 5. Jesus didn't speak against the messianic concept. He embodied it. And the point of it all was to bring people closer to God.

"14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. 15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."

That's Hebrews 5. Grace is there for those who need it, and often it only comes to those who have been through the fire and made mistakes, but Christians are still instructed to nevertheless behave morally and righteously and to not fall victim to the material existence were submerged in.

"Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Mark 2. Just another example. You can't argue against the merits of Christianity while cherry picking the Old Testament. Plenty in there that paves the way for Jesus. Try again.

"foot fetish" spiritual relationship with Jesus?
:limp:
jiggity GIF

Try again.
Like most Christians, instead of talking of your immoral belief, you throw garbage scriptures at me while completely ignoring my argument and scriptures.

Thanks for the usual example of Christians choosing to call evil good.