• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

levels of drug taking (The person)

jayjaysleepyhead

Bluelighter
Ok i dont know as im new if this is the correct forum but anyway is an addict an addict a junkie a junkie or do you believe there are different levels of people taking drugs and levels of addiction i will post my answer after i hear a few of yours to see if ive explained the question properly when i say levels of people i mean from the scummiest to the spoon fed

I had a pain management doctor who told me that there was a difference in being dependent on the meds and addicted. Dependent referring to the more physical aspect because of everyday usage. Addicted meaning craving the pills, overusing and running out early. That's the way he tried to explain this to me.

What do you mean when you say "levels of people from the scummiest to the spoon fed?" How would you determine who is who?

Hi miss i believe you are ha ha i dont want to offend anyone but i dont know how to just tell you privately as im new so to hell with it i mean like stooping to lows like stealing from family friends etc then there is stealing from shops factorys houses etc which is low as well then you jump up to sort of people who are spoon fed have money or are given money for their habit as mummy and daddy are so naive or scared good luck to them then too me the most respectable one of all is the addict who funds their habit by holding down a job god ive tried to no avail

It also depends on what level of life you lead like if your poor and dont work due to illness or addiction then you may stoop to theft to feed your habit most would i have or sometimes you have to settle in what you have even if its not a lot better than prison or not being liked obviously some people including addicts but not many as we seem to have the most underlining issues are born into money and can come on websites like this and brag and boast about how many drugs they have done as money is not an option hope this explains it a little better to you

I gotta believe people are all different in the way they handle their addictions, some will steal and rob u blind and some won't, it's all about what kinda addict u are and how u fund your habit I guess. Plenty of drug addicts out there that aren't scumbags, just depends on where u draw the line.

I am finding it hard to explain you are right mate as i was always told an addict is an addict no matter what level he or she is at we are all different thank god but people do tell me you get different levels of addicts and addiction and as you say depends where your at in life ive done all levels at one time or anothet ive had money ive been given money ive worked ive stolen only shops sorry i think off family is so low but i can understand why people do it as addiction is so powerful i have some morals i guess

I will agree that addiction is a very powerful thing and can affect people in many ways. Still, often when it comes to drugs (and alcohol) and no matter if we are talking occasional recreational usage or addictions, I personally tend to think they just pronounce or enhance certain traits that are already there within you. Lots of people do stupid immoral things while on benzo + alcohol for example whereas I have never harmed anyone in any way and I know there are many others like me. I don't think that's just a matter of biochemistry or how a particular individual reacts to a drug - I also think it has a lot to do with who you are, your morals and personal beliefs. If you're not inclined to get violent or do stupid things while sober it is probably much less likely that you will react that way when intoxicated.

Thats a great answer socially awkward that means im ok as ive only harmed shop shelves ha ha and myself with drugs and but not intentionally family and good friends