View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Level of stimulation with DOx

badrobot114

Bluelighter
To those here who have experience with DOx compounds, how stimulating are they? is the stimulation similar to that of amphetamine(twitchy and pushy)? or more like MDMA(balanced and manageable)?

DOB was horrendous, the stimulation overshadowed the psychedelic aspect, one of the few times ever I've taken extra benzos (and my friend too, who usually don't want to have anything to do with benzos) while tripping. It felt like psychedelic speed, but the psychedelia was reduced to intense (though beautiful, although extremely "technical" and mechanical, futuristic) visuals. In fact, I felt an ego-boost instead of ego-softening. Maybe it could have worked at a party, but not chilling outside in nature. Tremendous amount of energy, pushy and rough. Definitely amphetamine-like.

I can't speak of any other DOX's though.

DOC was much less stimmy than I expected. Can't speak for the others as, after much research, I decided that DOC appeared to be the least stimmy of the lot & it was the only one I tried. I've read enough about the others to stay well clear, but each to their own I guess...

I've tried DOC and DOB. DOB was extremely pushy, and I wasn't a big fan of the experience as a whole. DOB for me was extremely physically stimulating, but not mentally stimulating at all. Both times I tried it my mind was more or less just numb, as in no bursts of creativity or introspective thought or revelations, et cetera. The visuals are always great on it, though. Very intricate patterning in the CEV's and OEV's. The visuals aren't good enough for me to overlook the mental and physical traits, though.

DOC, on the other hand, I love. It's not super pushy and it's got a very nice body euphoria. It is kind of rushing and stimulating at times but it's never (for me) overwhelming. The mental characteristics of DOC were insane. I've never on any other chemicals constructed such intricate and complex theories. It was extremely mentally stimulating, but very clear. The first time I did it was with 2 other friends and we just talked at 100mph for hours about the most insane stuff. I think we discussed singularities for at least 2 hours. I don't do DOC often, as the experience is sort of an ordeal, but it's one of the only RC's I still have immense interest in. The visuals on DOC are some of my favorite OEV's I've ever experienced.

extremely "technical" and mechanical

That is exactly what DOB was like for me. I felt like an android that wanted to learn, experience and understand. While at a fair (it was a local holiday celebrating a historical siege of my university town) I wasn't so much enjoying myself or minding the masses of people or friends I was with but instead was having intricate visions of blueprints explaining how the things around me worked. It was so analytical and rational that I'm pretty sure that it could be used acamedically in science or engineering (and indeed amphetamines or psychedelics sometimes are).

It was like regular amphetamine and then some, and not just dex either.

Exactly one year later I did DOB again but stayed at home. Basically the only fun and spectacular, enjoyable recreational visual and euphoric effects I had the first time were the hour when I was high from a weed joint. Superb visual effects on clouds and refraction effects like rainbows bursting out of each singular raindrop on the window. I also smoked weed during the very long insomniac comedown that bored me to hell. Anyway this compelled me to take a higher dose of DOB the second time and eat a whole bunch of potent hash. It was way too much and I felt like my nerves were grated, pure sensory overload from a relatively standard set and setting (I don't recall being bothered by other celebrating people especially since I was at home, even if it was a dorm).
I was seeing Donnie Darko or The Abbyss style solarplexus worm(hole)s and added spatial dimensions which was terribly confusing (tho I admit killer in retrospect, but just way too much).

Took about 10 /15 or 20 mg Valium to calm down, not exactly sure it was quite a while back.

I guess interesting but not really that pleasant.

Got DOI, DOC, DOM and BDFly stashed away. Not interested in taking DOI because I am expecting something similar to DOB. Also don't want to try BDFly. I am interested in DOC however and with the DOM I am also slightly leaning towards a 'yes some day'.

Uhh sorry to answer that question, stimulation was defo more amphetamine like in nature for me =D

DOB was negligible as far as its stimulant properties were concerned, but then again I reached a ++++ and it's not very easy to judge your body load when you are in the midst of ego death. The comedown was more of a soreness type of body load than residual stimulation/energy.

Dosages probably help if we want to compare these reactions at all. For me the DOB dosages were 1.75 mg the first time and 2.25 or 2.5 mg the second time... body high was pleasant the first time (but probably did give me anorexia adn stuff) and unpleasant to harsh the second time.

I got up to about 2mg of DOC, but found 1.25mg the ideal dose. I have a feeling some of my alcohol dilute had evaporated, so I'm not 100% certain the 2mg is the highest I've gone, it may have been a little higher. I puked up on the higher dose but I have loved every trip I've had on DOC regardless.

I've had DOM and DOC.

DOM is very stimulating in an annoying way. DOC in my opinion is less stimulating than acid or 25c-NBOMe.

My advice would be to forget that they are amphetamines (so is MDMA) and judge each compound on its own merit.

While I did find DOB's stimulation reminiscent of amphetamine, I was actually told that DOX compounds do not really stimulate via the same pharmacological action as stimulant amphetamines... obviously knowing that they are amphetamines on top of DOX having alternate stimulant action can really be suggestive to us psychologically challenged humans!

On high-end dosages (4-4.5 mg) DOC is subjectively way more sedating than stimulating for me. Have not explored the lower dosages yet, it might turn out different I guess.
For the sake of science I once checked my HR and BP while under 4 mg of DOC and these were, respectively, 86' and 135/90 mm Hg. So physiologically not over the edge I'd say.

This is when i start to debate the metabolisms of different people and how some people are similar and others aren't.
I for one, Love DOB.
I wanted to Love DOC. But DOC clearly doesn't like me. It's over stimulating nervous and gives me an anxious edge.
DOB is like God Fuel injected Love through my Ego combined with a mixture of the highest peaks of mescaline and mdma combined just bromoifying my brain as i am baring witness to hallucinations that are the most gorgeous and natural genetic rainbow trails through the clouds.

DOC is like trying to watch a horror movie on acid, without the horror movie playing. With gut rot and vomiting that never comes. I have never once received a good trip from it. I've tried it roughly 10 times.
Now there are people out there i know. My Aunt for one. Who Absolute loathes DOB. Cannot get comfortable on it. The way she acts on DOB, is the way i Act on DOC.
My Girlfriend who also has a weak stomach, cannot get comfortable on DOB. Without vomiting at least once every couple hours. Now both my Aunt, and My girlfriend Love DOC.
They say it reminds them of high dose acid without the telepathic weirdness. No gut rot, no queasyness. Meanwhile i usually feel as if a Moose has kicked me in the stomach and i'm not too happy about it.
In fact it was an anxiety moose. Had to have been, every time.

Everyone has a brain that is wired slightly different from the next.
So it would be safe to say that when dealing with ultra potent psychedelic amphetamines like this, that not everyone is wired to the route that each particular molecule sets to drive forward.

I have yet to find someone within my friends circle who actually enjoys Doi and Nbome series.
LSZ even produces notorious gut rot effects in 70% of my friends.
Yet i absolutely enjoyed it.

So i guess it really is one of those metabolism things.

This also isn't just from a couple trips either. I've tripped on DOB over 15 times.
I traded some of my DOC with the Street Dealer here in town who had the DOB squares only because i absolutely loathed every single trip i experienced from DOC except for maybe one.
He was having problems with people saying DOB is too strong. Yet all of his "customer base" find the DOC to be much more enjoyable and more reminiscent of acid, which i just don't personally understand.

Like literally if i want to ruin a perfectly good day, give me 1/4 of 1mg of DOC. I'll be crawled up on my bed in the fetal position holding my guts.

Last edited:
Still I'm very curious to find out whether I am made to love DOC or to hate DOC.

Some time this week I am getting my DOC microgram weighed for volumetric measurement...

Yep! becareful if you are one of the people who it doesn't like.
Starting low at 1mg, even lower than 1mg, is recommended obviously, given how long they last.
like it took me 5 trips to realize that DOC is just a physical abnormality to my system.
It makes a system which is perfectly fine in it's own normal operation and suddenly makes it feel as if there is some kind of wrench cypher just lodged in the gears.
It doesn't go away until the drug wears off.

I had one amazing trip on it, and that was when, i discovered a Meteor in my Aunts Field.
No lie, I was tripping balls, on about 4mg of DOC. I also didn't eat for 24 hours prior to this experience, So there was nothing in there to make my guts hurt.
My girlfriend and i decided to go for a walk in the field to look at windmills during the morning at Dawn, Still Raging from the DOC from the night before. Suddenly i am physically tripping over these giant pieces of glassy rock. i'm twisted out of my mind on DOC, saying to my girlfriend, we're supposed to hallucinate magic crystals, not fall over them. My Girlfriend is like, yeah this is pretty weird. So we go back to the house, the kids are waking up for breakfast. So we ask the kids if they want to come to the field to help us pick up magic crystals. That went over well. No really it did. My Aunt was loaded on the same amount of DOC. She just wanted to stay home.

So anyways, we got all of these magical meteor crystals while tripping on DOC out of a field full of Windmills and Red Peppers with children and puppy.

here are the pictures from my facebook page to prove it.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151532896977297.1073741825.508937296&type=1&l=8952cce0cf

Last edited:
I would love to have more to say about the experience. But DOC for me, just makes things very real. So the fact it was happening was actually more trippy than the DOC itself. Whats more weird was like "how i knew what it was"
If anything it's what gave me the energy to haul a bucket full of rocks out of a field with no food in me for 2 days and no rest. I guess you could say my perception was altered enough out of it's traditional sober state to realize that what i was experiencing was incredibly beautiful and important. So i had to Rally the troops. I.e. My Family :).

When we got back into town and i took them to the University to get them tested. It was more of a shock to everyone around me, that i was that high and managed to not only find something amazing. But go about it productively.
I don't get trippy hallucinations from DOC, instead everything just looks incredibly crisp. Considering most of the time i had been sick from it. If a ++++ experience involves you average user to find gold at the end of the rainbow.
Well then that is a drug everyone should experience at least once. But literally 9/10 times were terrible. That one glorious occasion almost makes up for it...