L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Letting an addict go.

Lechatnoirrr

Greenlighter
Two days ago I let my heroin addicted boyfriend go. It hurt me too much to be around him when he is nodding off, going through withdrawals.
The mood swings were too much for me. I loved him, I loved you..
To those in a relationship with an addict.. please don't allow yourself to go through this pain. Loving an addict from afar is the best thing you can do. I know it is hard to let go because deep down inside an addict is still human. Beyond the addict brain is a sweet loving human but it is clouded by their addiction. Addiction is a disease. Since he relapsed i've been going to Nar-Anon to help me make my decision. I made my decision to leave when he decided to go missing again for the fourth time. I wasn't going to allow myself to sit at home worrying about where my boyfriend is.
You cannot change them.. You cannot SAVE them. You can only wish them the best in life.. you can only pray that one day they will recover. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO EXPERIENCE SUCH PAIN... love comes and go and you will find someone who will make your life worth while. Once someone starts abusing heroin it is a wrap.. That is THEIR life long battle.. So keep your head up (writing this mostly for myself)

keep your head up
forgiveness is key
forgive them..move on..live your life ..be happy

Yeah I agree. Dating an addict is a zero sum game. I'm an addict, and I turned my gf into an addict. Now I realize how much I dislike her as an addict LOL.

I would have never used.... I would have drained myself mentally
I forgive him tho and truly hope he recovers.

my nonusing gf left me couple years ago when we lived together and just passed out 4 year anniversary. i was only strung out for maybe half that time but she obviously was over taking care of me, shed cook me dinner and shit and id nod off either til it got cold or just straight faceplant into it sometimes.
shes way better off without me, im still struggling 3 years later, shes happily moved on to another "normal" person. when i asked if he could make her laugh like i used to, she told me straight up no, but he doesnt make her cry like i used to either. checkmate

I've been there OP and did everything possible-got him to doctors, therapy, legal help anything I could think of and none of it helped. I finally let go realizing that he had made a choice and I wasn't the DOC. Sadly, it killed him a year later. But I had already realized there was nothing I could do and started taking care of myself.

OP, do what you need to heal yourself.

my nonusing gf left me couple years ago when we lived together and just passed out 4 year anniversary. i was only strung out for maybe half that time but she obviously was over taking care of me, shed cook me dinner and shit and id nod off either til it got cold or just straight faceplant into it sometimes.
shes way better off without me, im still struggling 3 years later, shes happily moved on to another "normal" person. when i asked if he could make her laugh like i used to, she told me straight up no, but he doesnt make her cry like i used to either. checkmate

Harsh :\