Diet Let's talk diet... Dairy power?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
So for the past month I've been consistently drinking 2 smoothies a day, one for breakfast one post workout with - Milk, Strawberries, Banana, Spinach, 30g whey isolate, and greek yogurt (sometimes Peanut butter), drinking milk instead of water, like a shit load of milk almost a gallon a day, and then eating lunch / dinner whatever it be mostly chicken / rice / steak dishes.

I've also been eating a shit load of eggs.

I'm about 3-4 months removed from steroids and I'd say I look the biggest and most natural I ever have. No real changes in work out routine besides adding yoga / hot yoga to the mix a few times a week. I feel great. Lots of energy.

I'm curious on people's take because so many talk shit about milk and dairy and that it isn't meant to be consumed.. I call BS.

I agree. Think milk/cheese/yoghurts are good part of most diets. In moderation ofc, what’s moderation with diary needs more research.

Not that vegans don’t have right about animals often being abused for milk but there’s also milk produced with as possible respect to animals. But I don’t buy things like – others animals drink milk only as infants – same as I don’t buy – eat only raw food – as it’s well known that some food is either inedible if not processed thermicaly and other inferior in unprocessed form.
But there’s lactose intolerance in many people so, milk isn’t for everyone either. I saw an interesting thing in some documentary, old breeds of milk cows that give less milk give better milk as people with some kinds of milk intolerance find it better than lactose-free milk.

So for the past month I've been consistently drinking 2 smoothies a day, one for breakfast one post workout with - Milk, Strawberries, Banana, Spinach, 30g whey isolate, and greek yogurt (sometimes Peanut butter), drinking milk instead of water, like a shit load of milk almost a gallon a day, and then eating lunch / dinner whatever it be mostly chicken / rice / steak dishes.

I'm about 3-4 months removed from steroids and I'd say I look the biggest and most natural I ever have. No real changes in work out routine besides adding yoga / hot yoga to the mix a few times a week. I feel great. Lots of energy.

I'm curious on people's take because so many talk shit about milk and dairy and that it isn't meant to be consumed.. I call BS.

There is considerable thought now that commercial daily is inflammatory.. ie: A1 cows, kept in barns, fed corn, exposed to glyphosate, pesticides, and antibiotics, served in plastic bottles, homogenized and pasteurized..

There are still farms sell Organic raised A2 cows, grass fed, raw milk... That would be optimal, unfortunately as it is the healthy of the two options, the industry puts pressure on government legislators to ban it.....

Dairy, is the same as meat, organic, grass fed, home kill is much better than commercially produced crap..

All human beings lose the gene to digest and metabolize cow's milk by the age of 4. Some people that consume it after that age have issues....others don't. Depends on your immune system and digestive tract. Humans are the only mammal that will drink another mammals milk. In emergency situations you can sometimes get day old mammals that lost their mother to drink anothers milk ( kitten drinking dogs) lactation but for the most part it wont work and will have to be hand fed formula.

We lose the gene apparently as after age 4 ( or around there ) our bodies no longer require any nutrients we can get from it and people that love milk either can digest it or they cant. All adult humans are lactose intolerant and some can deal with it and some cant.

Just a little tidbit I read in a human anatomy book so have no clue how true it really is.

dairy doesnt agree with me a bowl of ice cream although sweet will sit in my stomach like a cannon ball and good luck to anyone within 10 meter radius of my arse
However, the protein and calcium from milk is very hard to beat very nutritious as others said though commercial grade is trash so stick with organic
So ye enjoy your milk cos i cant lol i do miss downing a nice tall glass of milk (no im not homelander)

All human beings lose the gene to digest and metabolize cow's milk by the age of 4. Some people that consume it after that age have issues....others don't. Depends on your immune system and digestive tract. Humans are the only mammal that will drink another mammals milk. In emergency situations you can sometimes get day old mammals that lost their mother to drink anothers milk ( kitten drinking dogs) lactation but for the most part it wont work and will have to be hand fed formula.

We lose the gene apparently as after age 4 ( or around there ) our bodies no longer require any nutrients we can get from it and people that love milk either can digest it or they cant. All adult humans are lactose intolerant and some can deal with it and some cant.

Just a little tidbit I read in a human anatomy book so have no clue how true it really is.

A1 milk can be more problematic in people with lactose intolerance, as it contains beta-casomorphin-7 (BCM-7).
A2 milk doesn't, have the beta-casomorphin corruption, organic, grass fed, has been shown to be less harsh on the digestive system..

I’m someone that still reacts poorly to A2 as well, the only dairy that is kind of OK is Goat products. So I’ll very rarely eat goat cheese.

-GC

dairy doesnt agree with me a bowl of ice cream although sweet will sit in my stomach like a cannon ball and good luck to anyone within 10 meter radius of my arse
However, the protein and calcium from milk is very hard to beat very nutritious as others said though commercial grade is trash so stick with organic
So ye enjoy your milk cos i cant lol i do miss downing a nice tall glass of milk (no im not homelander)

The problem with the combination of calcium and protein in milk is the high protein in the milks alters blood PH, the body takes immediate countermeasures to buffer the acidity by drawing calcium phosphate out of bone, leaving excess calcium in blood, able to occlude coronary vasculature, clog heart valves, and induce bone spurs..etc.. Vitamin K2 consumption could counter this by facilitating the transition of calcium from blood back into bone...

Interesting reading what everyone wrote. I’m a super petite woman and also have trouble eating when I’m stressed or dealing with pain issues, so I get nervous that I dont get enough protein & can’t afford to loose more weight. So I try to drink some milk if I’m having trouble eating & also will try to munch on cheese to try to get protein. I also try to get protein in other ways too but this post seemed specific to dairy. I also saw you mention peanut butter, that’s one of my go to’s as well (I like that peanut butter seems to be high in magnesium)

Interesting reading what everyone wrote. I’m a super petite woman and also have trouble eating when I’m stressed or dealing with pain issues, so I get nervous that I dont get enough protein & can’t afford to loose more weight. So I try to drink some milk if I’m having trouble eating & also will try to munch on cheese to try to get protein. I also try to get protein in other ways too but this post seemed specific to dairy. I also saw you mention peanut butter, that’s one of my go to’s as well (I like that peanut butter seems to be high in magnesium)

Unfortunately peanuts are reputed to be the most inflammatory of all nuts, and most probably shouldn't be consumed...

Have you considered, walnuts as these are believed to contain the highest ratio of omega-3 fats, 3-5 brazil nuts/day contain iodine and selenium.
Macadamias, and hazel nuts are also preferred for protein and healthy fat content, plus essential nutrients and trace minerals..

Peanuts also can have alfatoxins which destroy gut biome, it’s debated whether it’s there in quantities that could cause problems. Peanuts are another one that gives me headaches. No other nut does.. That might say something. Sucks too cuz I love the taste of peanut and peanut butter.

Pistachios, walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts if I can find them are my go tos. I use cashews in things too but not a huge fan of them as is.

-GC

I’m not able to get goat milk atm so got some organic happy cow milk instead but it’s not good for me. Taste is great but kinda upsets my stomach while goats milk was better than any lactose-free store both cow milk, by far.

O yeah I remembered what was best diary product I ever drinked by far, kefir made from happy goats milk my ex used to make, fucking fantastic elixir, she used store both milk only for kefir to survive and she would discard it when we would get happy goat milk..

Best diary I drink/eat is from 100% organic fed happy goats ҉
Hell I even considered getting one or few some day.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the way that it was explained to me when I worked on a goat farm was that goats can't give milk as easily as cows have. In other words to keep a lady goat producing for a long period of time would be stressful to her.

goat-breeds.jpg

Is it organic grass fed..?

I don't think so. I think that organic beef means that it was fed organic food. Which could as far as I know be organic corn.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the way that it was explained to me when I worked on a goat farm was that goats can't give milk as easily as cows have. In other words to keep a lady goat producing for a long period of time would be stressful to her.
That’s true. I can’t get goat milk now cuz of exact fact. Person I buy it from doesn’t milk them big part of a year so I’m pretty sure those exact goats are happy as goats can be ♡

Gallon of milk a day is what they used on the old 20 rep squat system. I can't drink too much milk tho as it constipates me and then after a painful few hours I eventually shit through the eye of a needle.

I’m not a bodybuilder or even a health enthusiast, but I’ve heard these conspiracies before. people say similar things about meat and eggs as well. however, I’ve always felt my best and happiest whenever I eat lots of dairy, meat and eggs. they have a really strong mood elevating affect on me, often curing my low mood and fatigue and giving me the mental energy to get through the day. there are now people claiming that a high protein diet can accelerate aging and certain cancers and there are some scientific mechanisms as to why this may be the case. however, increasing protein can certainly enhance the quality of life and I would take quality over quantity any day.