Let's talk about BREAKS baby!

Just rounded up some of my alltime favourite breaks tracks:

Dopamine - Hold You

Hybrid - Finished Symphony

Agree with you there.

Saw Hybrid last friday (DJ set unfortunately) and everyone went fucking nuts for Finished Symphony. Ahhh what times.

Hold You is an absolute classic, it's to my eternal shame that Matty moved away from Breaks and back to Tech. More power to the tech crew I suppose.

Hold You is the last breaks track that absolutely blew my mind. Unfortunately, the sound quality in that youtube clip of it is appalling - the bassline sounds like someone farting.

Another absolute classic is '2 Freaks' by Rennie Pilgrem and BLIM, but it's not on youtube.

Man I miss the good breaks.

Hold You is the last breaks track that absolutely blew my mind. Unfortunately, the sound quality in that youtube clip of it is appalling - the bassline sounds like someone farting.

Another absolute classic is '2 Freaks' by Rennie Pilgrem and BLIM, but it's not on youtube.

Man I miss the good breaks.

They're still about. Just a little harder to find. Last 6 months have been decent. Equalizers, 4KUBA, Karton, Karl Sav & Eshericks would be my pick.

No idea how I missed this thread.
Been leaning more towards breaks the past few months myself. You guys are hooking me up with some great music! Thank you!

Hold You is/was an incredible tune.

been bumpin' some Uberzone as of late

mainly the song Bounce
such a good song!

Would this be considered as Breakbeat or as Toast would say in his first post:

none of that bullshit electro nonsense that is cleverly disguised as breaks. it's not fooling me, and it shouldn't be fooling anyone else either!
?

I still think a Plump Night Out is one of the best collections of tracks ever.

Bumper, The Push, and Scram still give me the chills.

They started taking a steady nosedive with Eargasm though.

still have the push and scram on a very worn vinal..kinda hooked on booty breaks right now..tho its hard to find without buying online..

Florida breaks for life...... Some hot new stuff coming in off of Krispy Beats in orlando, hot hot tracks!

Been still diggin on the psybreaks, Broken Robot Records has put out some bangin shit in the past year

yaaaay I like Breaks to get me in the mood if something's put me out of the mood on a night out.

Anyone like Hedflux? Psy Breaks :)

Far too loud?

A-skillz is sick...wouldn't really call tipper breaks/?! :\ maybe some of his stuff I haven't heard.

Stanton Warriors are baaaaaad <3

Only Breaks people I seen really are Hedflux and general Midi. It's not one of my faves but I love to dance to it - very easy to go from standstill to bouncing

^^lol see my above post...Hedflux and Far Too Loud are both Broken Robot, as is Neurodriver (one half of FTL), Luqas, Sam Hell, RMS & Peak, Monk3ylogic, OOOD, Andrey Mute & Jellyfish, Atomic Drop, Mr. Snook, and others. All of these are (more or less) psybreaks, although some prefer the term 'tech-funk'

lots of good artists mentioned on this page. I've been on a pretty big psybreaks tip myself. You guys might like this set of mine from burning man this year:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2652836/toa%24t%20-%20Burning%20Man%20Art%20Car%2002-09-10.mp3

::01 FWord - Killer Funk (Farace rmx)
::02 Meat Katie and Dylan Rhymes - Only You (Access Denied rmx)
::03 Unbalanced Jack - Fresh Air (Affinity rmx)
::04 Beatman and Ludmilla - Moldova
::05 Kiwa - Deepscan
::06 Kiwa - Stream Funk
::07 4Kuba - Lastword (Access Denied rmx)
::08 Jellyfish and Andrey Mute - Trouble in the Attic
::09 Specimen A - Go
::10 Kraymon - Trouble In My Head (Eshericks rmx)
::11 Kiwa - Turn the Flame
::12 Sidel - Space Monkey
::13 Far Too Loud - Screamer (Dilemn rmx)
::14 Access Denied - Paranoia
::15 Mars - Make Me Hot

About an hour long, 320.