• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Let's redo a classic: Freewill vs Determinism

Misleading article. This proves that humans have as much free will as a free neutron.

I would rather call it "researchers found the parts of the brain in which the processes that we perceive as free will happen, and mapped the signals"

Last edited:
Correct BD, in fact this study actually goes against the idea of free will (because we find evidence of brain cells controlling decisions) so maybe they should have said "this is evidence of will" etc rather than "this is evidence of free will".

Got me thinking today when I was all narked out on nitrogen during a deep dive to the bottom of the ocean.

I was hallucinating. The bubbles from the second stage of my regulator were making amazing sounds, as if the bubbles were wrapping all around my head. I was with a couple of other dudes - a German, a Slovakian, and a Frenchie.

It was the hallucination that really got my attention. When I was about 13, I was abusing nitrous and used to trip out to the BS. I kept wanting to trip more, but I had this image of a chick with dark, curly hair, tanned skin, beautiful eyes. She was staring at me with a smile on her face. Every time I went deep into nitrous abuse, I would see this outline of her face, and she became familiar to me.

I was recently with woman for a few years, I never really thought she resembled anyone else I knew, and that's what I liked about her. But we broke up. I met this other hottie in the dive shop I'm working at, an Italian, and she is pretty damn cute. I think I like her.

When I was tripping out at the bottom of the ocean today, I saw the same hallucination as when I was a kid abusing nitrous. It reminded me, because I had forgotten.

But the face I saw, although the same face for sure, was that of a hybrid of both of these females - like flashing between one and the other, and also meshing together.

It probs sounds insane, but that is what I saw.

It was pretty friggin amazing.

It's made me think about drugs, experiences, moving through life. It's all really one and the same.

But, I guess, the question would be, how the hell could I have seen a hybrid of two girls I have been thinking about recently when I was a teenager tripping on nitrous? Like, seriously. wtf

I'm a big believer of free will, but this made me wonder for a minute. Can we know, somewhere inside us, something in the future?

I doubt it, but sometimes funny things happen when you're tripping out at the bottom of the ocean :)