• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Legalizing Marijuana Would Be Super in New Jersey [POLL]

poledriver

Bluelighter
Legalizing Marijuana Would Be Super in New Jersey [POLL]

One interesting thing to note about this year’s Super Bowl, is that both NFL championship games were played in states where marijuana is totally legal. New Jersey State Senator Nicholas Scutari wants us to follow in their footsteps.

Scutari, a Democrat from Union county who is chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, plans to introduce legislation within a month that will call for the legalization of marijuana. So far, this drug is only allowed in New Jersey for medicinal purposes.

Calling New Jersey’s war on marijuana a “miserable failure,” Scutari says legalization of the sale and possession of marijuana would help police stop fighting a losing and expensive battle in the war on drugs, and would prevent otherwise law-abiding citizens from ruining their futures with a minor drug conviction. Not to mention the money it would bring into the economy.

Governor Chris Christie, former U.S. Attorney for New Jersey, has been vehemently opposed to legalization of the sale and possession of marijuana and has resisted efforts to expand the state’s new medical marijuana laws.
I think legalizing marijuana is long overdue. It not only reduces crime, but creates jobs and boosts the economy as well, not to mention what it will do for the pizza business. Peyton Manning owns twenty one Papa Johns franchises in Colorado, whose state our marijuana law could be modeled after.

Pizza franchises where pot is legal? Now that’s wise investing! Especially in New Jersey, where the pizza is unmatched!
What do you think? Would you like to see marijuana totally legal in New Jersey? Are we not more progressive than both Washington and Colorado?

Read More: Legalizing Marijuana Would Be Super in New Jersey [POLL] | http://nj1015.com/legalizing-marijuana-would-be-super-in-new-jersey-poll/?trackback=tsmclip

When I voted it was -

Yes - 88.89%

no - 11.11%

"Calling New Jersey’s war on marijuana a “miserable failure,”"
to say the least. One more state on the way to marijuana being completely legal.
those poll numbers look awesome bet they are like that anywhere you ask the people how they really feel about it.

They should make it emergency legislation and then fly in pounds for the SB.

Just to compensate all those people who are visiting NJ..

"We're sorry for smell... Try this skunk!"

^^

Yeah I think about the only way I'd go to Jersey ever again is if I got a free complimentary bag of weed. Hah.

Fuck Jersey... The running joke with my friends concerning cops in Jersey was always about two police officers walking up to a group of kids, seeing a joint and then pulling out their guns and screaming "GET ON THE GROUND GET ON THJE FUCKING GROUND - dispatch, we need back up we got some pot over here SEND MOTHER FUCKING EVERYONE"

True story. In Jersey.

Maybe not quite, but friends of mine doing time in jail for STEMS and SEEDS - that is a true story, no joke, no exaggeration.

So glad I don't live there anymore haha. Not that I have anything to worry about anymore, legally speaking, but still.