• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Legalized weed supported by majority of americans, who can't agree on anything else

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Uruguay is on its way to becoming the most pot-friendly nation on the planet, with the country’s congress set to both legalize recreational use of the drug and authorize the government to sell it (at dirt-cheap rates, no less). This move would likely be a popular move in America, as a new Gallup poll revealed Monday that, for the first time, a majority of Americans want to legalize marijuana. Perhaps most notably, Americans want this more than, well, just about anything else.

The survey shows that 58 percent of Americans support marijuana legalization. That’s a ten-point jump in just the last year, and a monumental shift from the early 2000s, when the public opposed legalization by a thirty-point margin. Unsurprisingly, younger people are more likely to support legalized weed, and the only group that registers majority disapproval of the drug are fuddy-duddies 65 years and older.

As Josh Barro notes, a 58 percent approval rating is not only something most politicians would kill for, but also a far higher level of support than almost anything any other topic that regularly gets polled: Legalized marijuana is thus more popular than marriage equality (52 percent); Obamacare (38 percent); attacking Syria (36 percent); and both political parties (duh). The few policies that are more popular than marijuana legalization include legalized sex between gay people (which some politicians actually oppose) and universal background checks on gun purchases.

So, is marijuana officially on its way to becoming the next gay marriage? Who knows, but a promising sign for marijuana advocates came earlier this year, when the Justice Department announced that it wouldn’t sue Colorado and Washington, both which enacted statewide initiatives to legalize recreational use (and now sales) of the drug.

cont at
http://www.bustle.com/articles/7411...-of-americans-who-cant-agree-on-anything-else

holy shit

gv32bf6ay0gwmjp1rv5otq.png

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

Winston Churchill

NSFW:
il_570xN.290459636.jpg

Last edited:
I also got really excited about that graph, numbers!
And your quote is great, neversick.

On the one hand, this could lead to a huge change in the world, for the better (imo). I have been praying for full legalization of weed for about 25 years.

On the other hand, other drugs would still be illegal, which is still a repressive system that steals our nature-given freedoms and rights.

I also got really excited about that graph, numbers!
And your quote is great, neversick.

On the one hand, this could lead to a huge change in the world, for the better (imo). I have been praying for full legalization of weed for about 25 years.

On the other hand, other drugs would still be illegal, which is still a repressive system that steals our nature-given freedoms and rights.

This still plauges me till this day.

Drugs of choice won't be effected for me... I still can't smoke.

I am still going to go into withdrawals whether my heroin is illegal or not... I could care less about the weed.

I would like a better market to acquire my "Medicine"

I'm one of the people asking, "What about the other drugs?"

^Yah legalized weed is great but marijuana is cheap and easilly available. I want legalized oxycodone for sale in 1000 count bottles. Scratch that pure oxycodone power so I can snort it or just take it like a BC. A man can dream...

Last edited:
This still plauges me till this day.

Drugs of choice won't be effected for me... I still can't smoke.

I am still going to go into withdrawals whether my heroin is illegal or not... I could care less about the weed.

I would like a better market to acquire my "Medicine"

I'm one of the people asking, "What about the other drugs?"

I think the society that's developing is A LOT more open to legalization of any drug than the society we had even just 5 years ago, when any mention of medical marijuana on the news came with a wink, a chuckle and a Cheech & Chong joke.

Certainly communities like Bluelight need to keep educating the populace about chemicals.

Here's a vintage click from The Daily Show:

Last edited:
Hey, this is a message to anyone who is interested in seeing the change happen in your state. Get involved if you are able by joining your local National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws/Americans for Safe Access/Marijuana Policy Project chapter and try to contribute a skill you may have to them. I mean this as positively as possible, by the way, because we all want to see this happen.

Lol @ "attacking Syria". More like "attack everybody nao" type imperialism.

Bush brainwashed a lot of people IMO. So many Americans worship war.

I think it would be prudent to show how many marijuana legalizer "yes" also said "yes" to war in Syria.

Subtract and ... That's the rational "yes". I fear it is still below 50.

I think the last time I heard the numbers it was really low for suport for another military action.. a little over twenty percent, guess it was a little higher?

Gallup pole for sept 3-4 2013 was 36% in favor 51% opposed to Syria >source<

Why don't we invade more countries ? America is already the new Nazi Germany, what with our rights going up in flames and all.

Why don't we invade more countries ? America is already the new Nazi Germany, what with our rights going up in flames and all.

The countries we don't invade are indeed kissing our ass or is in order war with us, that is guaranteed...

If you are in a southern republican state, bet your ass weed is damn near impossible to get past...

^ I am glad someone else saw to "play them against each other" type ideology they are implementing.

And yes south east USA has a very negative stance on weed. I grew up there.

Hey, this is a message to anyone who is interested in seeing the change happen in your state. Get involved if you are able by joining your local National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws/Americans for Safe Access/Marijuana Policy Project chapter and try to contribute a skill you may have to them. I mean this as positively as possible, by the way, because we all want to see this happen.

I'm actively doing so for CLEAR in the UK, as their Daily news editor :)