• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Legalize Weed in Canada!!!!!!

Streetcow

Bluelighter
This is a HUGE ISSUE for Canadians everywhere just look at any region and they will have some sort of affiliation to the stuff there should be consideration on the topic of legalizing weed who's with me!!!

-Streetcow

I don't really think it will make that much of a difference anyway. I was in Ottawa last year and everyone seemed to smoke weed!!

Well there's just to much risk doing it illegally you know maybe Amsterdam would suit my style more :\

-Streetcow

it seems like legal stores just make people so happy in general

HELL YEAH THEY DO I HATE KEEPING ON SEARCHING FOR DEALERS EACH TIME I NEED A FIX AND EVEN THEN THERES NO GARUNTEE HE OR SHE WILL SHOW UP LEGALIZE WEED BABY IM ALL FOR IT

-Streetcow

I hope people don't vote for Trudeau because of this. That slimy fucker is just like his war mongering dad. There are far bigger issues in Canada then legalizing weed. Hopefully the NDP will get in in the next federal election

Yeah man hey paranoid android u a radio head fan??? (I am too)

-Streetcow

What are you doing personally to advocate for cannabis legalization?
Do you educate family and friends about the benefits of cannabis?

All's I'm saying is I'm not voting for legal weed in Canada until I've got legal weed in Maryland.

And I mean, I know I can't vote in Canada but it's the thought the counts. I don't want youse guys, as cool as most Canadians I've ever met are, to have a freedom that I don't. :sus:

That'd be a hell of a thing for your country to pull of, though, gotta admit that.

40 days until the election.

NDP are at ~124 seats
Liberals are at ~116 seats
Conservatives are at ~97 seats
Greens are at ~1 seat

338 seats, with 170 needed for a majority government. Probably no one is going to form a majority government

Conservatives (anti legalization and anti decriminalization) are probably out.

NDP will decriminalize on day 1 (repeal laws prohibiting possession, but not yet establishing a framework for legal acquisition) will probably form a minority government. Whether or not decriminalization will allow home growing is not known.

Liberals might form a minority government. Will move to start legalization on day 1. Colorado has been mentioned as a model. Whether or not home growing is allowed is not known.

So there you have it, as best as I can tell. There's still 40 days until the vote, and of course numbers can and will fluctuate; but it looks as if Canada will have significant Marijuana reform as soon as the government takes session after the October 19th election. Probably immediately legal to possess and/or consume at home, freely transfer without renumeration for adults over the age of 21 and at a one ounce limit. Country wide.

If the Liberals get in, look for legal weed in retail stores within a year, perhaps 1.5-2 years with an NDP government.

That's as much information I can dig up from campaign stops and party platforms.

Tom

I'm sending my prayers to the weed god for mah Canada smokers. The more cities, states, countries, and planets that legalize the better!

Salutations Thomas Davie,

Liberals... Will move to start legalization... Whether or not home growing is allowed is not known.

In any case i find the recent departure of Joy Davies (announced just a couple days ago) has put emphasis on MiniPET's obcession over "protecting" children against the evil "dangers" of "marijuana". IMO his friends at Tweed will be happy if the Liberals form our next governement as i yet got to hear Trudeau expressing himself about the REAL PREJUDICE of plain old PROHIBITION, with everyone making a dime out of it (not to mention bigot Civil Asset Forfeiture laws in many provinces), for the sake of our children...

Good day, have fun!! =D

Salutations Thomas Davie,

In any case i find the recent departure of Joy Davies (announced just a couple days ago) has put emphasis on MiniPET's obcession over "protecting" children against the evil "dangers" of "marijuana". IMO his friends at Tweed will be happy if the Liberals form our next governement as i yet got to hear Trudeau expressing himself about the REAL PREJUDICE of plain old PROHIBITION, with everyone making a dime out of it (not to mention bigot Civil Asset Forfeiture laws in many provinces), for the sake of our children...

Good day, have fun!! =D

Hello! If you're following events, as I assume you are - do you have any idea what will happen to the Health Canada approved companies should marijuana become legal? I've believed (perhaps wrongly) that if legalization were to occur, that specific sales and regulations would be left up to each province/territory. If so, I was thinking that these companies would go out of business since they exist selling country wide.

I gotta admit that I feel confident about something good happening since the NDP would immediately decriminalize.

Tom

Salutations,

...do you have any idea what will happen to the Health Canada approved companies should marijuana become legal?

IMO, "legalized marijuana" under MiniPET means it's legal for Health-Canada approved producers/customers while remaining illegal for those who threaten to "contaminate" society's children - e.g. those who are meant to survive sustained exposure to violent TV, "toxic" parents, alcohol & tobacco abuse, gambling/cheating culture, junk-food consumption, money-addiction, etc., i suppose!...

:|

I've believed (perhaps wrongly) that if legalization were to occur, that specific sales and regulations would be left up to each province/territory.

M'well, for all i know there's no record of Québec ever renouncing to a provincial responsability 1st officially proclaimed by law in 1885, relatively to "Indian Hemp" under the British Dominion regime of Her Majesty Queen Victoria. That duty was silently transfered in 1923 by the unilateral gesture of a federal senator in Ottawa who failed to provide any explanation as to his goal and purpose, though i gathered it may have had to do with the control of workers, possibly beyond their working hours as i vaguely recall.

...I was thinking that these companies would go out of business since they exist selling country wide.

MiniPET should tell us clearly what happens of those monopolies after Liberal-style legalisation is performed. For all i can tell in both official languages he appears to avoid confrontation with anti-cannabic bigot prohibitionists and even sounds in harmony with them talking about the evil "risks" of "marijuana"!

I gotta admit that I feel confident about something good happening since the NDP would immediately decriminalize.

My interpretation of "decriminalization" by the NDP boils down to cutting support to the anti-cannabic prohibition machine, essentially. No more police, courts, judges, etc. Which would imply we will be able to grows our own "bio" cannabis again while the monopolies can focus on medical clients requiring THC-less/CBD-rich options and so on, whatever they require that would be considered wasteful in a recreative context.

According to Health Canada, they want to shut down dispensary that are selling weed to patient illegally because only Health Canada's weed is legal, DUH.

Quite a good point to make here today! And the question is, does MiniPET approve??

My gut feeling tells me he does, in the name of children... 8)

Good day, have fun!! =D

I am with you but I am in Vancouver and it might as well be legal. I went and got legal weed in less than an hour. I use it for a number of medical reasons. Laug if you will but it works for anxiety, sleep and helps control my diabetes. I can go to the pot store and choose from Indica, sativa, honey oil, has and various strains. Is between 8 and 12 bucks a gram and awesome. But yeah legalize.

This is a HUGE ISSUE for Canadians everywhere just look at any region and they will have some sort of affiliation to the stuff there should be consideration on the topic of legalizing weed who's with me!!!

-Streetcow