• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Legalization on the ballot in 5 States tonight (November 8, 2022) (next day edit - Missouri and Maryland went legal!)

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
North Dakota: age 21+, 1oz flower, 4g concentrates and personal cultivation 3 plants
South Dakota: age 21+, 1 oz flower, personal cultivation 3 plants
Maryland: age adult(?), 1.5 oz flower, personal cultivation 2 plants
Arkansas: age 21+, 1 oz flower, couldn't find other details
Missouri: age 21+ 3 oz flower, personal cultivation 6 flowering plants, 6 immature plants and 6 clones (if registered). Advertising *ALLOWED* and rules are to be no more stringent than those for alcohol.

I'm Canadian and could very well have some details wrong. Those are fairly in line with Canadian laws (1 oz in public, unlimited at home, 4 plant personal cultivation). The only major difference is the age allowed. With the exception of Quebec (21) and Alberta (18), it's 19 everywhere else. We can gift, mail and air/boat/train/bus travel with weed.

I'm hoping the votes go 5/5 for legalization. I will update this post with results.

When the entire USA goes legal, and I figure before the 2024 federal election, expect that Canada and USA will eventually have cross border trade for Cannabis. Markets for products in both countries will expand (more so in the direction of Canada > USA).

Tom (who believes that Cannabis will soon be a North American commodity that I will be able to speculate upon).

I've been to North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Michigan and California. I would like to be able to visit legal dispensaries in every single state/territory.

Last edited:
Normal called Missouri voting yes.

@deficiT I think the Maryland law takes effect in 30 days.

Tom

Negative, it goes into effect next year. I want to say July but don't quote me on that, give me a minute to look it up again and edit this

TheWashingtonPost said:
Starting July 1, 2023, the ballot initiative will legalize personal possession of up to 1.5 ounces of marijuana for adults 21 and older.

Possession of more than 1.5 ounces but less than 2.5 ounces will thereafter be punishable by a civil fine of up to $250. Possession of more than 2.5 ounces will be punishable by up to six months in jail or a fine of up to $1,000.

source

Also:

WHOOOOOOO WE DID IT Y'ALL

@deficiT I hope you're as stoked as I am about this, along with all you other fuckers in my state that I don't know about.

Right on. My biggest suggestion (especially as a new Yorker with experience) is to still get your medical card. Mmj products are usually tested to more rigorous standards, can be small batch/more artifical, has first dibs on products, and (most importantly imo) you don't pay taxes on your stuff because mmj isn't taxed

The best thing about legalization in the States (for me) is that it gives me incentives to travel there and hotel it for a week or so. It's a pain in the ass to travel and do dialysis in a hotel room, so weed is an incentive for me to move my ass. I do hope that the World Curling is staged in Las Vegas again. There's going to bet about 100 or so consumption lounges by the time that happens.

I mean, screw gambling. Prices for weed are falling in Vegas from what I can see.

Congrats to Maryland and Missouri (I really like your legal limits on public possession and growing).

Tom

I was very surprised hearing about Missouri since they are typically a red state. Might move back now :reggae:

One reason that is really good for further Cannabis legalization is all of the 'non adult use Cannabis' states suddenly have an'adult use' state adjacent to them. Gotta love interstate day trips.

Tom

Just voted yes in Maryland!

Not sure exactly what the stipulations are but the question basically asked if you'd like to legalize cannabis for adult use.
2 plants is a fuckin joke.

they are laughing at us.

can't even breed, we're stuck with whatever shitty commerdial hybrid seeds and clones MIGHT be available.

2 plants is a fuckin joke.

they are laughing at us.

can't even breed, we're stuck with whatever shitty commerdial hybrid seeds and clones MIGHT be available.

They can laugh all they want. Hell, I might even join in with them.

I'm just happy I won't risk an arrest with anything concerning cannabis come next year. I feel like most of the limits are reasonable, but this is honestly the first I've heard about the 2-plant limit and it definitely sounds low-- but growing/breeding doesn't concern me in the slightest right now, so that's probably why it stayed off of my radar.

When legalization hit Canada, there was a federal limit of 4 plants. Although Manitoba, Quebec and Nunavut lowered this to 0 plants. Currently, Nunavut lifted the restriction, whereas Manitoba and Quebec still sit at 0. I'm currently in Nova Scotia where you can grow 4 plants. Or 4 germinated seeds/seedlings. No exceeding 4.

2 plants is a tad harsh, but if one knows what one is doing (I don't), yields can be spectacular with a trellis/scrog grow.

Tom

Don't forget Alabama.

Everything but the damn flower/bud(and anything else that you can smoke or vape).

So shit like tinctures, bath bombs, and hand lotions will be available , you will need a green card and be terminally ill. (I do not see Alabama doctors prescribing it for depression).

Now if they only allow us to have the fucking flower and bud like nearly every other state. 😠

Don't forget Alabama.

Everything but the damn flower/bud(and anything else that you can smoke or vape).

So shit like tinctures, bath bombs, and hand lotions will be available , you will need a green card and be terminally ill. (I do not see Alabama doctors prescribing it for depression).

Now if they only allow us to have the fucking flower and bud like nearly every other state. 😠

So it's basically legal for everything but consumption/ingestion?

That's pretty fucked.
Y'all got me wantin' to delve deeper into the legal states. I never realized there were such nuances from state-to-state.

So it's basically legal for everything but consumption/ingestion?

That's pretty fucked.
Y'all got me wantin' to delve deeper into the legal states. I never realized there were such nuances from state-to-state.
I don't know, I saw a brief bag of gummies on the news when they were talking about it, but then i saw another product that mentioned Hemp. & the man that is explaining the process of making the shit it had such a deep Alabama accent! I was tickled that ole Jimbob Brown got a job doing this. He sounded just like The backup coach from the movie The Waterboy! Damboy

There is still delta 8 products and such here, and since this now a 'green state', i'm almost half tempted to write the Alabama Cannabis Group or whoever thought of the shit and mention that some of 'us green card carriers' have eating disorders , on top of other issues where I liked the flower because I woudlnt have to apply hand lotion and wait for that shit to kick in, or rub weed oil on my temple like a fucking goof that hey this isn't actually 'green' (because u can't smoke fucking lotion you cunt).

Wow , did they fucking fool me.

2 plants is a tad harsh, but if one knows what one is doing (I don't), yields can be spectacular with a trellis/scrog grow.
personally, i don't give a hampster's tush about yields (i rarely even partake these days)... i just wanna be in charge of the selection/ hybridization of the varieties i want... me, and not some half- witted millionaire with concerns of bag appeal and thc content.

feminized IBLs are pretty much the only option with a two- plant limit, and i'd have to give one up (unless i wanna smoke silver) if i wanted to produce seeds.

personally, i don't give a hampster's tush about yields (i rarely even partake these days)... i just wanna be in charge of the selection/ hybridization of the varieties i want... me, and not some half- witted millionaire with concerns of bag appeal and thc content.

feminized IBLs are pretty much the only option with a two- plant limit, and i'd have to give one up (unless i wanna smoke silver) if i wanted to produce seeds.

Scion/graft mother is the answer. Complicated ass hassle to maintain, but If you're limited on plants, it's basically an infinite plant loophole

at risk of being a smartass, that doesn't really solve my problem which is wanting to breed my own varieties