• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Legal Stimulants

Slow_Mobius

Bluelight Crew
I'm looking for a legal stimulant to use semi regularly. Preferably something that won't exacerbate cardiac arrythmias or significantly affect blood pressure.

I live in the US. Some options I've been looking into:

-Phenylpiracetam (ordered some already)
-Adrafinil (on its way)
-coca leaves
-3-flourophenmetrazine

I'm not looking to get high. I mainly want something that will help me get through the day after mostly sleepless nights, and anything that will yield a positive drug test is out of consideration. The only reason why I'm considering coca leaves is that I would imagine cocaine has an extremely short detection period, but I haven't looked into yet. Enhanced focus would be a nice bonus. I started typing this right after taking some ambien, so sorry if its not completely coherent:\

BTW I also use kratom regularly, but I don't like to take it during the day unless I have a flair up in pain. I get very little stimulation from it. Caffeine barely effects me anymore. Thanks!

Bupropion is the legal prescription "amphetamine/cathinone" molecule. It is the "tramadol" of the stimulants.

It works as a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor NDRI just like methylphenidate (ritalin) and cocaine. It can replace medications like ritalin/concerta/metadate (as it works the same way) and substitute for dexedrine, adderall, vyvanse, desoxyn, focalin - as it is a stimulant, is similar, and works the same way pretty much - by increasing synaptic catecholamine levels.

I know you say you are not abusing it this just proves its stimulant and amphetamine and cocaine like qualities

Animals: Studies in rodents and primates demonstrated that Bupropion exhibits some pharmacologic actions common to psychostimulants. In rodents, it has been shown to increase locomotor activity, elicit a mild stereotyped behavior response, and increase rates of responding in several schedule-controlled behavior paradigms. In primate models assessing the positive reinforcing effects of psychoactive drugs, Bupropion was self-administered intravenously. In rats, Bupropion produced amphetamine-like and cocaine-like discriminative stimulus effects in drug discrimination paradigms used to characterize the subjective effects of psychoactive drugs....

There's always OTC "bronkaid" in the US ..... 25 mg. ephedrine ea. / better than 1/2 the shit on your list ......

It is not better than adrafinil.

That gets converted into the prescription drug modafinl (Provigil) which is racemic and contains armodafinl (Nuvigil) both of which are CIV controlled substances in the US.

They are dopamine reuptake inhibitors. Ephedrine is a shitty pseudoephedrine type drug, but stronger. Bupropion causes more amphetamine and cocaine like effects if you use it right. Ephedrine won't cause focus and concentration like bupropion will. This is what he is after.

It has no effect on dopamine or noradrenergic receptors; it merely acts on beta adrenergic receptors. Adrafinil is dopaminergic and bupropion is like methylphenidate - it is dopaminergic and noradrenergic.

the phenmetrazine is a POWERFUL psychostimulant; have you not tried it yet? I would get some! Based off of prescription appetite suppressant - phendimetrazine. Ephedrine is not better than anything on your list.

^and you are comparing pseudoephedrine to it?!

I wouldn't compare pseudo to even caffeine .....
You want a good , almost all day long lasting stim - ephedrine is multiple pills for a buck , not multiple bucks for a pill ......( hope that's vague enough for BLUA )

You say kratom isn't giving you any stim ...... Have you tried low dose (2-3G.) white maengda ? I was getting little stim from kratom until I tried it and it really surprised me

I've read numerous reports on the substance 3-Fluorophenmetrazine, although I've never tried it myself. Most people seem to indicate that it's a "clean" stimulant lacking a lot of the side-effects of stimulants like say, Amphetamine, including jitteriness, tremor and a harsh comedown phase. This seems like it would be pretty ideal given what you have indicated you are searching for in a stimulant. Most people also report that 3-FPM doesn't produce any significant Tachycardia of Hypertension, especially when compared to Amphetamines.

I would forget about the Coca Leaves. It's a novel idea sure, but I'm pretty sure that the leaves of the Coca plant are just as illegal as the isolated alkaloid. You can't import or otherwise possess them in the United States and from what I've read, people have indeed tried to open up the market here for the leaves, but the DEA quickly squashed it. Cocaine itself is also out of the question if you ask me. It's just not a "functional" stimulant. The high is rather intense and short lasting making it pretty inappropraite for use in an environment like work.

I wouldn't compare pseudo to even caffeine .....
You want a good , almost all day long lasting stim - ephedrine is multiple pills for a buck , not multiple bucks for a pill ......( hope that's vague enough for BLUA )

You say kratom isn't giving you any stim ...... Have you tried low dose (2-3G.) white maengda ? I was getting little stim from kratom until I tried it and it really surprised me

Ephedrine is better than nothing on his list, actually; they are all much more powerful stimulants than ephedrine.

Ephedrine is just more of a stimulant than the two drugs - caffeine and kratom - that he explicitly stated DON'T affect him anymore

:( Slow_Mobius...I'm going to subscribe to this thread, as I'm feeling similar with pain and depression. Decades of dealing with this disease have worn me DOWN. If I can't get pain relief, can I at least get mood lift/energy/motivation?

I'm prescribed Oxycodone, which I only take as a last resort. It doesn't help pain (for me). It doesn't last (beyond a couple of hours). It leaves me pissed off at the world, with my eyes feeling like they are going to bleed.

I exist on this planet only because I consume massive quantities of caffeine (drinks). I've tried Maeng Da Kratom, which felt comfortably numb, but I think it made my GI/constipation issues worse.

I'm trying some MMJ, but so far it's too difficult to obtain for trial/error to find the correct strain.

I've lost hope on all fronts.

Thanks for the input everyone. I find ephedrine to be overly stimulating with its PNS effects for it's level of psychoactive effects. White veined meang da is my usual day strain but no dosage gives me significant stimulation. That might be because I use kratom 2-3 times every day though.

I think my sister is prescribed bupropion. I know she's been through a gauntlet of psych meds, and I'm not sure how else I would get a script for it. I've asked my doctor about getting something to take during the day for energy, but he insists on getting me to a point to where I can sleep regularly (can't really blame him). At this point, though, I've all but completely given up on finding long term pain relief/sleep from any med. Too many nasty side effects :/

Right now I'm thinking I'll try the adrafinil and Phenylpiracetam and look for a not sketchy RC vendor (not on BL of course!) to get some 3-fpm. I might buy some coca tea for kicks. From what I've read, it rarely gets seized at customs. I won't need to take any drug tests for at least a month anyways.

Dixi: I think I'm right there with you. I drink waayyyy too much caffeine and a cardiologist actually told me that I need to cut back if not cut it out altogether. It's pretty much the only thing that gets me through every day. I honestly have no idea If my complete lack of energy is the result of depression from being in pain every day or from the inability to get a decent nights sleep. Probably a little of both. Good luck with the mmj. I've never gotten much pain relief from it (except large doses in edibles), but it's always worked as a fantastic sleep aid. Too bad it's not legal where I live and has such a long UA detection perioid. I've always found 15-30 mg of ambien and some kratom to put me out for the night. too bad I can't do that every night :)

Wean off the caffeine or you could get horrible withdrawals. I withdrew from a pretty big red bull habit once and I couldn't even get out of bed or literally wake up for a whole week. It was terrible.

This is because it antagonizes adenosine receptors in the brain. Which are responsible for hibernation and the sleep wake cycle. And when you quit caffeine, they start coming back rapidly, so you go into a "hibernating" state.

It sucks.

Wean off the caffeine or you could get horrible withdrawals. I withdrew from a pretty big red bull habit once and I couldn't even get out of bed or literally wake up for a whole week. It was terrible.

This is because it antagonizes adenosine receptors in the brain. Which are responsible for hibernation and the sleep wake cycle. And when you quit caffeine, they start coming back rapidly, so you go into a "hibernating" state.

It sucks.

This is why I've never been able to quit coffee and I want to cut down BADLY as my habit is up to between 6 1/2--8 1/2 cups a day.

Do you have any recommendations on how to do it??

I don't think quitting completely is even realistic for me as I don't want to feel like that for a week and last time I tried quitting cold turkey I felt like you mentioned for TWELVE DAYS and it STILL hadn't gone away and I couldn't take it anymore so I had to go back to drinking it.

I think the best way for me is to REALLY REALLY slowly taper, like 1/2 a cup less a WEEK or something like that, so I never really notice any withdrawal symptoms do you agree???

And since you seem to know about stimulants, have you ever heard of Bromantane and what do you know about it??

Supposedly it is a safe Stimulant produced by Russian manufacterers which also is anxiolytic and I THINK they said it acts on GABA receptors but I'm not sure...

Sounds like a more stimulant version of Phenibut.

Here's one sight's info (I'm not sourcing here though) (I'm not sure if they are the only ones who call it Ladastan or others do as well):

"Ladasten (Bromantan)

According to the manufacturer and independent clinical studies Ladasten may help to reduce anxiety and delay the onset of physical and mental fatigue. Benefits may include:

• Reduce Fatigue / Boost Energy
  • Increase Physical Stamina
  • Relieve Anxiety / Improve Sleep
  • Elevates & Stabilizes Mood
  • Boost Memory, Focus & Concentration
  • Non-Toxic & Non Habit Forming

While Very Effective, Ladasten Is Safe, Legal, Non-Toxic And Non-Habit Forming.

Ladasten (Bromantan/Bromantane) may help you be alert and reduce anxiety. According to the manufacturer, it doesn't just not make you nervous. It will actually help reduce your level of anxiety (anxiolytic properties). At the same time it may improve physical and mental performance.
Ladasten has solved the age-old problem of being both energized and tranquil.
Who may benefit?

• High stress job or heavy workload.
  • Students under pressure to perform.
  • Over 50 and feeling it.
  • Worn out, stressed out or sleep deprived.
According to the manufacturer Ladasten combats feelings of "neurasthenia" or "asthenia" (common Russian term) defined as:
Increased anxiety, irritability, fatigue, and intolerance to mental and physical strain. Being easily distracted and complaining of absentmindedness, poor memory and low mood. Sleep disturbances, including difficulty in falling asleep, superficial or un-refreshing sleep, sleepiness during the day, and/or insomnia at night.
... so basically tired, foggy, & stressed."

Last edited:

It sucks.

I always cut out caffeine at least once a year to avoid developing crazy tolerances. Usuallly when I have a break from work or school. I always switch from coffee to something weakly caffeinated like herbal teas before completely cutting it out.

I'll look into the bromantane. Thanks mycophile

Update:

I've had a chance to experiment a bit with the Phenylpiracetam and adrafinil. I've also decided not to mess with the coca.

I've tried several doses of phenylpiracetam, and none seem to give me what I'm looking for. It's just been a mild head rush type feeling with some uncomfortable peripheral effects. No enhanced focus or motivation. I ordered several other piracetam analogues and noopept, so I'll post another update after giving those a shot.

The adrafinil worked fairly well. It definitely interfered with sleep if I took it any time except when I woke up. Only problem is that it might have caused a ton of arrthmias. The only stimulant that I've had this problem with is caffeine, but the adrafinil might have been even worse.

The first day I took it, I got tons of arrythmias about 5 hours after my first dose and shortly after taking kratom. I read a single case study of modafinil + kratom causing a seizure, so it might have just been anxiety from combining the two. The study was extremely flawed though, and there are a lot of reports of people safely combining the two. I took adrafinil two days straight, but the arrythmias continued almost 48 hours after my last dose. Got checked out by the doctor and they said it wasn't an immediate danger, and they prescribed a beta blocker saying I can take it if I want but that it's not necessary. I'm going to have a more extensive work up done in about a month.

So at this point I'm really not sure what to do. The adrafinil really helped, but it might have caused a lot of arrythmias and minor blood pressure problems. I could try taking the beta blocker with adrafinil and kratom since the beta blocker exactly controls blood pressure and heart rhythm, but I just don't know if that's overdoing it taking more drugs to fight side effects. That said, I get some arrythmias every day regardless, so the beta blocker is something I would consider taking anyways. Every time I get an arrythmia it feels like a shot of adrenaline courses through my body and it's just really fucking annoying. In fact I probably have adrenal fatigue, and that would explain why I have to drink coffee all day to stay awake.

Sorry for the long post. If anyone wants a better description of how the adrafinil or phenyl worked for me, I can write that up in another post or pm. Thanks

EDIT: arrhythmias came back full force not long after drinking a very small amount of coffee. Started the beta blocker :/ doctor pretty much left everything to my discretion as far as stim and beta blocker use, but the pharmacist said to avoid all drugs/supplements affecting heart rate and/or blood pressure. Really not sure what to do at this point. I'm noticing cognitive enhancement from the 100 mg dose of phenyl now.

Last edited:
Also, I read up on bromantane mycophile. I'd seemed pretty promising, but I found a study that showed it, might increase risk of Alzheimer's. Its not clear if it actually will in vivo, but i just don't think that's something to mess with personally. Prolintane seemed more promising, but it's almost impossible to source (not trying to discuss sources, just wanted to point out that limitation).