• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Legal Stimulant For Energy and Focus?

ra1ndrop

Greenlighter
I need a legal stimulant to help me stay energized and focused. I have fibromyalgia which causes lots of fatigue. Caffeine pills help some but I'm looking for something with more kick. I work from home writing articles and I've just been tired and unmotivated lately. I've discovered Kava and it helps with my pain and anxiety, but it definitely doesn't help me get things done. I know there are so many "herbal" supplements out there marketed for energy but I've tried several of them and they've just been a waste of money. Anyone know of any good legal stims or noorotropics? I do take prozac so I have to stay away from anything with SSRi activity. I was gonna try Kanna but then I found out it is an SSRI. I don't want to be geeked out smelling colors and seeing sounds all night, but I do want something strong enough to help me be more productive during the day. I was on Meth several years ago. It almost destroyed me. I love that feeling when I get a rush and my heart starts racing. Not necessarily looking for that, but I wouldn't mind it either.

I take modafinil to manage fibro fatigue, but it doesn't give you any kind of rush or particularly affect your motivation. It just reduces the fatigue and wakes you up. It's an absolute lifesaver for me (I wouldn't be able to work as much as I do with out it) but it's not going to get you "high".

Your doctor can prescribe Modafinil due to your fibromyalgia. The 'brand' name is Provigil or Nuvigil. It does not have the side effects of caffeine or other uppers but wakes you up and greatly improves concentration.

yerba mate is delicious

or you could buy military energy gum (oral absorption of caffeine, kicks in a lot faster / harder) but nowhere near meth of course

Yerba mate.
^^great stuff. Kratom can be stimulating and it's a good pain reliever (has opioid alkaloids).

This isn't exactly related to your question, but it might be worth re-evaluating your diagnosis. Fibromyalgia is kind of a garbage can disorder since the diagnostic criteria are so broad. I was diagnosed with it, but later found out (somewhat incidently) that I actually have a different rarer disorder from a doctor that actually knew his shit.

The logic for fibro is something along the lines of: so people sometimes have these symptoms, we don't really understand why, but let's group them together and try to find things that work to control the symptoms

Hey OP, those green coffee drinks ( they use un roasted coffee beans) are pretty cool in my opinion. I think it's clean energy.

Your doctor can prescribe Modafinil due to your fibromyalgia. The 'brand' name is Provigil or Nuvigil. It does not have the side effects of caffeine or other uppers but wakes you up and greatly improves concentration.

This. You should be able to easily obtain a prescription for Modafinil. Just not sure if your insurance is going to cover it.

I need a legal stimulant to help me stay energized and focused. I have fibromyalgia which causes lots of fatigue. Caffeine pills help some but I'm looking for something with more kick. I work from home writing articles and I've just been tired and unmotivated lately. I've discovered Kava and it helps with my pain and anxiety, but it definitely doesn't help me get things done. I know there are so many "herbal" supplements out there marketed for energy but I've tried several of them and they've just been a waste of money. Anyone know of any good legal stims or noorotropics? I do take prozac so I have to stay away from anything with SSRi activity. I was gonna try Kanna but then I found out it is an SSRI. I don't want to be geeked out smelling colors and seeing sounds all night, but I do want something strong enough to help me be more productive during the day. I was on Meth several years ago. It almost destroyed me. I love that feeling when I get a rush and my heart starts racing. Not necessarily looking for that, but I wouldn't mind it either.

Phenylpiracetam and Bromantane in combination work well for me.

Modafinal may be something to ask the doctor about, but they seem very reluctant to prescribe me anything "good". Savella helped my energy level and focus, but it started making me sick to my stomach every time I took it. Now I'm on prozac which seems to help my mood, but does absolutely nothing for my energy levels. I'm really not looking to get "high". I wouldn't complain about a little buzz, but that isn't my main goal. I have a very energetic two year old and I work from home. I'm really looking for that feeling where you wake up feeling energetic and ready to have a good day. Caffeine helps a little but not very much. Ephedrine is great but it's hard to come by and a little too reminescent of days gone by. What are Phenylpiracetam and bromantane?

Have you tried 3-FPM? It maybe a little hardcore for what your looking for but a lot of people swear by it for an energy/mood boost.

Have you tried 3-FPM? It maybe a little hardcore for what your looking for but a lot of people swear by it for an energy/mood boost.

It sounds interesting. I wonder about the health effects and possible addiction potential? I try to be careful with stimulants because I know meth was extremely addicting for me. I don't want to get into anything else that I like so much I'm addicted to it.

It sounds interesting. I wonder about the health effects and possible addiction potential? I try to be careful with stimulants because I know meth was extremely addicting for me. I don't want to get into anything else that I like so much I'm addicted to it.

Unfortunately it's an RC so the health effects can only be speculated at...

It is however a derivative of phenmetrazine (3-fluro phenmetrazine) which does have a widely published safety profile.

I dont think it's addiction potential is any worse than other stimulants though. Plus it's one of the few research chemical stimulants that people actually rave about and would consider buying on the black market...

There are plenty threads on bluelight discussing 3-FPM.

do you want to be more functional and motivated or high/let me tell you, anything thats going to get you high is not going to be a good long term motivational medicine..if this type of magical medication existed, wouldnt everyone be taking it?

i suggest trying Provigil..it is one step beyond caffeine imo in terms of motivatio..its not going to get you high though but it can help you when you are tired..it is no 'limitless' pill like some make it out to be..

Being high is fun, but I'm looking to be functional not tweaking. Where can you purchase 3pfm?

Depends where you live...

We can't give sources but I would suggest googling "purchase 3-fpm" or similar..

my doctor scribed me Modafinil due to 'shift sleepwork disorder'..u could tell him u work odd shifts and need something to wake you up during those brutal night shifts..

Then I'd suggest staying the hell away from 3-FPM. Read the 3-FPM Megathread, especially the later posts - plenty of people end up shooting obscene amounts of this stuff. Phenmetrazine was an extremely recreational stim back in the day, and so is its 3-Fluoro-analogue.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/737012-3F-Phenmetrazine-(3-FPM)

The poster you're refering to hardly represents the average 3-fpm user...you just have to look at some of his posts elsewhere.

I think it's fair to say the majority of people who have tried this particular substance don't end up engaging it that type of behavior ....