• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Legal Marijuana In Colorado Has Already Generated $15 Million For Schools

D

DsntTakeAWetherMan

Wow.

I'm going to need an Admin or owner to include this or a related article on the front page.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/17/colorado-marijuana-schools_n_6888444.html

~Move me over to "drugs in the media" if you wanna throw a pissy fit.~

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
But lets have a legitimate discussion here,

Some people pot makes blow school. Some, it makes more motivated. Does the source, especially in today's society, matter if it helps a positive cause?
In a way feels like a frat accused of rape doing some charity. Unless of course the school's computer paper switches to hemp.

Discuss!

Don't smoke weed until you leave school and get your shit together. If you do, make sure you don't give any excuses if you fail.

I'm more interested in the long term health effects of cannabis legalisation. Filling up psychiatric wards will cost more in the long run than a new computer room or school library.

The only thing filling up psych wards are the meds doctors prescribe. Seroquel approved for bipolar - yeah right!

Yeah I doubt psychiatric wards will take much of an influx from cannabis...to me it seems that the only people who take real psychological damage from cannabis are those who have serious & pre-existing mental disorders. There are of course those who feel the need to be lazy bums and "smoke themselves stupid" of course, but that's not really what I mean by "real psychological damage"...

I have heard that the CO sheriffs have filed a lawsuit saying the legalization of MJ is unconstitutional.

Can we please get a large BL "Think of the Children" <3

Don't smoke weed until you leave school and get your shit together. If you do, make sure you don't give any excuses if you fail.

I'm more interested in the long term health effects of cannabis legalisation. Filling up psychiatric wards will cost more in the long run than a new computer room or school library.

I'm concerned about the potential mental health effects of weed too, but the idea that legalization will result in "filling up psychiatric wards" to the point of counteracting the positive effects of legalization is absurd.

Ya, that is abusurd as fuck, it's not the the 40's anymore... Let me just say the schools Public Schools in MS are complete BULLSHIT/HORRIBLE and you would learn as much going in Baked as fuck everyday as you would just going..NO JOKE. So maybe a little money going to the schools from legal bud wouldn't fuckin hurt since, well everyone does the shit anyway just about. When that the JWH-18 hit the gas stations, I saw sooo many people you wouldn't expect to be buying(like soccer moms,trying to buy as quick as they could and get out) Not weed, just an example.