legal issues with distributing research chemicals (canada)

S

shadybusiness

hi,

I didn't want to associate this question with my account, but I'm curious as to the practical legality of possessing and distributing research chemicals in canada. say someone was caught by police with, I dunno, 10 or 15 individually wrapped hits of a white powder RC, say 2C-E. obviously there would be an arrest under the suspicion of the powder being cocaine or another illegal drug, but after the drug was lab tested and found to be an unregulated substance, what would happen? since Canada has no analog law, and that person was not actually distributing a controlled substance but still supplying a powerful psychoactive chemical for personal profit, could they face intent to distribute charges?

thanks

If it was prepared in a way that shows it is meant for human consumption then I would assume they would try finding a way to press charges for distribution.

I would not mention the fact that it is psychoactive at a trial.

I'd think if it was gelcapped you might run into trouble, but honestly, I have no idea.

This is a good question, anyone else have any opinions?

Does canada have a similar agency such as the FDA? If they cant get you on controlled substance laws they could snag you on some type of health law based on the intention for human consumption.

Ultimately how much trouble you were in would depend on the amount and whether or not they could prove intent to distribute.